Ragnaros wants some skins

Ragnaros has not had a single cosmetic added to him since his release. He falls in the same category as the lost vikings, since at least other heroes that did not get new skins at least got new recolors added later. So I will list some ideas for good old rag:

1. At least make a recolor of existing skins in blue and green fire.
  2. Could make him out of other elements, though may avoid ones related to possible future elemental heroes.
  3. Make him out of cereal and replace lava with milk and call him ragnar O’s.
  4. Make him a christmas skin with him as a snow man with a shovel. Replace lava wave with an avalanch effect.
  5. If you make more dark nexus skins, he would be a nice candidate.
32 Likes

Oh boy you should have seen my old suggestion threads!

2 Likes

I just want Felflame Rangaros… but sadly he’d be too easily mistaken for Gul’dan (Actual reason given for why this isn’t a thing and why Fel Reaver Blaze doesn’t have Felfire)

3 Likes

First off that milk and Ragnar O’s is amazing and I will pay for that legendary skin…
I’d love to see a version of him where he has his legs.

7 Likes

I agree. Ragnaros (and the Vikings, for that matter) desperately needs some love. Even if it’s just a bog-standard pallet swap.

Currently, Raggy’s only options are:
“Red. Big red. Small red. Redder. Big redder. Small redder. Yellow. Big yellow. Small yellow.”

Kinda uninspired.

6 Likes

Yea him and TLV are in desperate need of skins and style changing ones as well, problem is both of those heroes use ALOT of detail and resources as i think Ragnaros has alot more detail in his lava movements and his mount specific while TLV is basically 3 heroes worth of work for a single hero.

I want Lightlord from Hearthstone as a skin for him.

11 Likes

+50 DKP for the Lightlord skin idea.

4 Likes

I made an ice/Scourge Ragnaros, and improved on it just recently. Link later.

2 Likes

In addition to Lightlord, they could take the “Ragnarobot” portrait from the Mechastorm event and make a skin out of it.

6 Likes

All I want is for him to shout “LIVE INSECT!”

4 Likes

ikr ragnaros is a sad character. but i have some ideas:

1: a magic ragnaros with some glitter effects and his hammer is a giant wand. he is blue and has runes on his mount as well as some of his abilities.

2: a version of him as if he was in diablo universe

3: for hallow’s end (now) they could’ve also made a void ragnaros with purple,black, and bright iron and his eyes are large and glowing creepily with his hammer a scythe.

4: maybe for midsummer fire festival that is devoted solely to ragnaros in WoW and hearthstone, a skin of him at the beach with him out of sand and tropical water, starfish and other things you find at the sea are stuck into him and his hammer is a plastic shovel.

PS: the lightlord will be VERY similar to other skins and for me i wouldn’t notice much change.

4 Likes

For a Diabloverse Ragnaros you’re looking at basically the same but imagine Ragnaros on steroids with more spikes, chains, demonic iron that sort of stuff.

1 Like

Not just the felflame idea of green or purple, but having a water Ragnaros would be cool.
Also I think it’s high time he gets a little update to deal with all the mobility heroes. Or give him some more healing, because his self sustain isn’t even the best right now.

Give our flamey boy a very cool skin this Christmas smh.

2 Likes

Hopefully with Replaced Voiceover for “LIVE INSECT!”

1 Like

Chestnut roasting Ragnaros?

Perfect.

I mentioned this a couple of years ago, but I think it would be a cool idea for him to have a new set of 3 skins including the 3 states of water:

Gaseous Ragnaros: Fog or Wind or Storm (Ult) (Grey)
Liquid Ragnaros: Tidal Waves (Ult) (Blue)
Solid Ice Ragnaros: Avalanche (Ult) (White)

I am sure this would be a Legendary skin bundle, but I would definitely get it and I imagine a lot of others would too.

PS - That Ragnar O’s skin mentioned above sounds awesome too. Even if it was Spaghetti O’s instead of cereal.

2 Likes

It is a pain in the rear end to make skins for him due to the lava. If they are working on one (witch I am really hoping they are) it would take a long time thanks to it. In regards to what I want out of a skin for him
Lightlord
Dark Nexus
Voidlord
or Winterlord (Winter Vale)

Yes Dark Nexus would be even more of a pain and is extremely unlikely but that would be awesome as heck

1 Like