[Problem] Little blink at beginning of a match, causes HUD bug in the game

Hi everyone.
Recently I installed a GPU to my PC (GTX 1060) and now I have a little blink at beginning of a match (or try mode) that causes HUD bug in the game. The menu is transparent and the CD black indicator disappears.
I tried a lot of things to fix the problem, things that are mentioned by GMs in other posts too.
I see when this error happen, the game get the orange color of Night light of my desk. Maybe this can be a clue for a solution.
It seems if I put V-Sync in the game, I delay the blink/flickering/black screen problem for a few minutes. This can be another hint.
The only clue I have, it’s something related with resolution and presentation mode of the game (complete screen or windowed mode), because when bug happen the game get the Night light of Windows, also buging the HUD and menu.
This DON’T HAPPEN in other games, like Diablo 3 or Overwatch.
There is a lot of people with the same problem, or related, so please, investigate and fix the problem. We just only want to play but another error appears and messed all.
Sorry for my bad english, is not my mother lenguage.

I noticed the GPU do a little noise when I start a match/try mode. The lower left corner get a visual bug that consisting in a almost imperceptible pixels flickering, then the black screen happens.

IMPORTANT: I found what causes the error, but NO the solution.
You can put every graphic setting to maximum and the error don’t happen, but if you the “Shaders” on “High”, the “Lighting” and “Reflections” will be unlock and the blink/flickering/black screen will happen. The second option is on “Off” by default, and the first on “Low”, for that reason the problem is related with “Lighting” option.
Like I told, my GPU is new a GTX 1060. There is a lot of people with the same error or similar, someones with GTX 1060 too. Maybe there is a issue with Heroes of the storm, drivers, or with that model. When I was with a GTX 970, this error never happened.
Please, try this and comment us. We need to found the exact error to fix it.

Cuyi,

I looked over your problem in the other thread you posted at, and it looks like your graphics drivers are crashing. Let’s reinstall them. You’ll notice that I include drivers for cards that are not on your PC. This is so people in the future who stumble on this thread can use them even if they don’t have a NVidia card. Only use the drivers for your NVidia graphics card.

1. Download, but do not install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Download The Latest Official GeForce Drivers, http://support.amd.com/en-us/download, or https://downloadcenter.intel.com.
  2. Download Display Driver Uninstaller from Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.0.2 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum (Click “Official Download Here” near the bottom of Wagnard’s first post. It will automatically download)
  3. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller file you downloaded and “extract” it to desktop
  4. On your desktop, click “Display Driver Uninstaller” and run it. Do not run in safe mode.
  5. Click “Clean and Restart”
  6. After restart, install the driver that we downloaded above in step 1. *
  • Note - Use the “Custom Installation” option when reinstalling this driver. Do not install the Nvidia Geforce Experience or 3d Vision drivers.

Finally, I found the solution to my problem, what I did was:

• Download the NVIDIA driver version 387.92.

• I used the DDU (but this time WITHOUT the Safe Mode) and restarted.

• I installed the version of the downloaded driver in a personalized way, WITHOUT downloading the GeForce Experience or the 3D Vision.

• I ran the Heroes of the Storm. STILL had the same problem.

• I deleted the Blizzard Entertainment folder from ProgramData.

• I ran the Heroes of the Storm. This time I did NOT have the problem.

• I played a Quick Match in Overwatch. This time the error “Render device lost” DIDN’T happen.

Thinking that the problem was from the Blizzard Entertainment folder of ProgramData, I tried …

• Install the GeForce Experience.
  • Install the 3D Vision.
  • Install the latest version of the driver.

… and the problem returned. Therefore, I have some conflict with any of these 3 things.
I SOLVED IT again, following the first steps. Anyway, I would like not to stay with the temporary solution, and search for the definitive solution and have everything that corresponds.

UPDATED: forget what I said. The problem arose again after a few minutes playing Quick Match. Also, I went into Test Mode several times, and it happens again. I’m super frustrated, not knowing what to do.

No problem Cuyi, we haven’t given up yet. There are a number of other possibilities. Let’s try something I tried in the other thread you were posting in. Run HWmonitor while playing the game, then take screenshots of all the results after a crash.

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.

You can upload those somewhere like imgur and post them here. If you have trouble posting the link, place it between two of the ` marks (same key as the tilde ~)

Hi again, Drakuloth.
Here the link of the pictures taked:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rmEg0EPyJ5wFEZHRIWG-05K1AghrVlGY
This time, in the first test (1 to 5), I had a crash error. The files “Test 6-10” are from a second test did it without crash. The pictures “1” and “2” are examples of how the error is.
Here is the link of NVIDIA forum post that I did, where there is people helping me too:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1075832/geforce-1000-series/little-blink-flickering-at-beginning-of-a-game-of-heroes-of-the-storm-causes-hud-bug/
If you need more information, tell me. I’m waiting for new instructions.

Edited:
It seems to be a TDR error. Trying to solved it, modifying the Windows Registry to increase the seconds of Delay from 2 to 8, now I have the error of “The access of the application to graphic hardware was blocked”. I will erase the file I made in the Registry so that at least my PC does not get stuck and I have to turn it off.

Cuyi,

Very sorry I missed your reply, but I found this while digging through old threads.

Your HWmonitor doesn’t show any heat issues, so I’m unsure as to what is actually causing this. Do you still have the old graphics card? If so, does it do the same thing on the old graphics card? If not, you may have simply received a card with a flaw from the manufacturer, since we aren’t getting a lot of reports of this problem. Every game uses different drivers/graphics cards differently, so what causes problems in Heroes may not affect anything else on your PC.

One thing to note - windows Timeout Detection and Recovery service has a low-configured timeout for a reason. Your hardware should not hang in an unresponsive state for very long. If it does, it may cause complete system crashes, which is why TDR exists in the first place. I recommend reversing any modifications you made for the TDR Delay if you haven’t yet.

I’m so sorry to answer this post so late. I was busy.
I don’t have the old GPU to try because I send it to RMA and now I have this new.
I didn’t have any of this problems before, with the old GPU. My system requirements are OK for this GPU.
In this days, I tried updating BIOS and doing a clean installation of the GPU drivers (again). I’m still having the same problems.
I read a little about TDR events and it says this happen for a problem to the GPU (software or hardware). If I tried a lot of software solutions with no results, this might be a hardware issue. Maybe I get a bad new GPU card from RMA. When I get it, it had a screws of the up part loose. Maybe this is a clue that the GPU is of bad quality.

Cuyi,

A bad GPU is a possible cause of the issue. The best way to test this is to have a PC technician reseat the graphics card and unplug/replug everything, then reinstall the drivers. If that doesn’t work, you’d want to test with another graphics card. If the same thing happens with both graphics cards, it is not a graphics card issue. If it does not happen with the other graphics card, however, it means that the GPU you received is probably bad and should be RMA’d again.

I recommend a PC technician for this because they can safely modify your computer with less risk of computer damage or bodily injury, and should have other graphics cards on hand to test with. I can’t recommend that you do this yourself, so please be aware that if you change parts in the computer it is at your own risk. Be careful if you do this.