Press F for Whitemane

She did have more talent diversity.

Righteous Flame was taken in double-support or specific teamcomps. Intercession and FP were based on teamcomp. 13, 16, and 20 could vary wildly.

It wasn’t GOOD talent diversity (it was terrible), but it at least existed.

6 Likes

She had a W and an E build, and some Q talents were useful as the lvl 16 and 13 if i remember well

4 Likes

This gives me Johanna rework flashbacks. That said, I do feel for the mains who feel like they lost their character.

5 Likes

Whitemane did not need Basic Attack talents. She has an entire ability dedicated to sustained damage.

5 Likes

A big F, for farewell.

Players may not quit, but many will just not play Whitemane anymore. I’m one of them, I enjoyed E build and the fantasy of that. If I want to play a Healer whose power is based around her AA’s I’ll be picking Tyrande, thanks.

7 Likes

I understand that. But like the Devs said, they are okay with that, so… :confused:

1 Like

Agree, i was a fan of Q build, it is still there, just way worse so for now it is not an option. The AA one on the other hand is just awfull. Tyrande is way more fun for that kind of gameplay

3 Likes

I must be in the minority here becuase being a whitemane player myself I really like her rework.

1 Like

Clemency makes you oom too.

Whitemane now gets mana in 3 ways.

1: Divine Reckoning ult. Restores mana equal to 25% of damage dealt - Basically Whitemane gets full mana upon casting that ult.
2: Lvl 1 talent that increased her mana by 2-3 per target hit with E. Long term, but can result in having signficant mana towards the end of the game.
3: lvl 7 talent that extends the duration of Zeal by .75 seconds with each AA. Basically a mandatory talent. Note that Whitemane has something like a .85 second AA attack anyway, and combined with her powerful AA talents, this allows Whitemane to essentially only cast 5 heals at the start of each teamfight, and then AA her way to victory.

Note that Whitemane is actually stronger then her previous iteration - She has more toughness, more survivability, more damage, AND far more throughput.

However, her talent build is now EXTREMELY limited - You only have 1 choice at lvl 4, 7, 10, 16, and 20. You have 2 choices at 1 and 13. Anything else is so suboptimal it’s not even funny. Compared to her having not only 3 seperate builds, but a number of her talent tiers being interesting flex choices pre-rework.

3 Likes

the level 7 talent was nerfed, as was her attack speed, so it’s even worse now.

1 Like

I think the biggest problem with the rework is people play HoTS for 2 main reasons,

1. Character Fantasy/Lore
  2. Gameplay Mechanics

Despite her performance metrics/stats that made Blizz decide to rework her she now only fulfills one of those reasons, so its an overall net loss as it stands.

Hopefully they will balance her more to bring back some flavor to her kit or do something interesting with her AA build other than number tweaks.

Have you seen that Noir Showstopper skin though?
OOF!

5 Likes

F

Even though I’m still on hiatus, I take this time to mourn the only ranged healer I’ve ever liked :confused:

5 Likes

I disagree
I think it fullfill neither.
Her A.A is clunky and slow, her reach put her in very bad spots all the time, especially with inquisition, her other builds are crap or worse versions of themselves, she has now severe mana problems , VERY severe ones and you will go OOM, before Q build made your 2 stacks good enough and W was Op making mana trivial. Now you have no option besides an Ult (good luck with the quest, when you past over 100 stacks it may matter)
She is just bad. This may be one of the worst reworks they ever made (nothing will surpass what they did to Malthael) I rly will not play her anymore after i get a new level

I gotta agree, I don’t even know what the moral of the story was. Someone died because they made a mistake, and making a mistake in HotS is the same as someone dying?

Doesn’t really sound like a moral to me.

F
Though she does look good in a flapper dress.

1 Like

Basically dont over engineer a solution becuase of unintended/unknowable consequences.

The original story was something along the lines of an organ transplate that went bad and killed both donor and recipient when whatever ailed the recipient could have been treated with noninvasive medication.

Or in military terms KISS

Keep
It
Stupid
Simple

Yeah I don’t see that at all. Just saying the doctor’s stupid and purposefully went with the wrong choice doesn’t provide a moral. You need to provide a reason why the doctor made that choice, then contrast why that reason was inferior to the reason of simplicity.

You could simplify the entire story to: “Doctor does dumb thing even though better thing exist.”

So Qhira needs to be nerfed so Whitemane can attempt to be usable in a game.
F

This one right?

You have an Aba hat… you cheated.

It’s not about the stats. Look at what I do. Look at how it plays.

I’m not trying to demonstrate winning or losing, look at the actions I take and how that’s actually accurate to how current WM plays.