2 Likes

Does not stop me from playing her

R.I.P. Whitemane

You will never be forgotten

F

9 Likes

Alright. RIP Whitemane.

9 Likes

But on the good side, does the patch mean that the OC “Qhira” along with its annoying theme will be off the main screen?

4 Likes

You are allowed to be dissatisfied with the rework. All I’m saying is people tend to overreact when a hero they like gets reworked

2 Likes

Indeed, especially now when an unpopular rework of a hero with limited name recognition like Whitemane is unlikely to bring any new players in, but could well drive existing ones away.

4 Likes

F
Hot damn those ShowStopper Whitemane skins though, oof!

2 Likes

F
At least you can still yell at heretics from my announcer box. T.T

2 Likes

If someone quits the entire HotS because WM got a rework (which made her lose one talent and lowered her dmg a bit)… I don’t know…

There were always drama with each rework claiming it “destroyed” the Hero and what’s “fun” about them, but this is some next lvl echochamber right here and imo only because now the Hero in touch is the fav toy of someone who has friends on the forums.

I’m a bit disappointed. That’s all.

6 Likes

I mean, this reminds me one story.

Guy had some problems with health. And he needed only some medicine to fix it.
But doctor decided to perform the entire operation, even when those health problems could be fixed by other, simple ways.

Patient died during operation. But, additionally, other guy died too.
Doctor, trying to save one guy, killed two of them.

Same with WM. Devs wanted to “fix” her, but they destroyed hero, and lost players instead getting new ones.

As a doctor, I want to laugh.

2 Likes

The story is rather vague.
The comparison, the link between the two things are uber weak imo.

And show me ppl who quit HotS because that WM rework.
Because it’s easy to shout out “it lost us players”, but… did it?

Also, those who quit, did they even played the rework?
And what happens when after 3+ weeks, WM gets changes? Will they be stubborn and stay “quitted” or will they give it a another try (which they might never gave her because “omg, it looks so bad for me on paper”)?

2 Likes

Why does Divine Reckoning seem like garbage compared to Scarlet Aegis?

that depends on the situation, divine reckoning is really good against a melee diving composition that needs to burst one ally, with that it makes your ally nearly unkillable

This post speaks by itself, and we have a lot of others, where people showed their opinions.

It wasn’t terrible when you could make it 50% stronger with her level 7 talent. WM is my most played character, and now she’s just garbage

It’s the trend. Why invest time into a game when the hero you invested time into to master gets inevitably fundamentally changed into something completely different and boring?

The answer is, one does not.

And no, the opposite does not hold. I can not remember a single rework that made me play a hero more, only less or not at all anymore.

EDIT:

• The latest Chromie rework undid an amount of damage she suffered from reworks.

• The Ana rework had a lot good but was quite boring with Q and W talents on only different tiers and made her W overall more boring.

• The Lunara rework is essentially the only good/neutral one i recall at all.

5 Likes