OW characters don't belong in HotS

have you played starcraft, warcraft 3, or diablo?

Diablo 2 a lil bit, like the Diablo lore but the games werent my type, i did more FPS and strategy back then.

1 Like

well looking at diablo 2, you control the characters the exact same way in Heroes right? The same goes for warcraft 3 and starcraft, that is how you control one hero in every one of these games, the exact same way you control them in HotS. Overwatch however, you use WASD to move around, and you aim and click to fire with your mouse. They are completely different worlds. Maybe since you haven’t played OW you can try it out and see where I am coming from, and why it doesn’t make sense, Whether they are OP or trash, I blame it on the design of the skill set trying to be too similar to how they play in OW, which does not fit in this type of game.

2 Likes

Dude, i don’t try to be toxic or something, but is this first time you play moba and you think you already know what is moba? go check Jhin in league of legends, VAYNE,KAISA,etc… all shooters. IN MOBA GAMES.

2 Likes

No its not the first time I have ever played a moba. I doubt LoL took characters from a FSP game. Theres a difference between that and a ranged hero. Especially when the background from every hero is from an RTS game like HotS except all the OW characters they added from a game thats only a few years old.

3 Likes

Really simple, to bring all casual and retarded from OW to Hots, as simple as that. And then they hope to get Hots to OW.

And i don t like their new story about the nexus, we didn t need it, we didn t need Orphea, we didn t need Overwatch heroes in Blizzard at all.

It s a matter of time before Blizz will sink.

5 Likes

Yeah I don’t get the Nexus thing with Orphea either. At least her abilities make more sense. But what I think is stupid is how she has self healing in the stats, when no one else does, basically just makes it so she gets MVP automatically every game because she has an extra stat.

1 Like

You didnt need it, for me i grave a taste of playing Reaper in HoTS.

1 Like

Tracer can be countered by a well grouped team so she can’t even walk in, her health pool is near chromie’s. Dva’s mech has similar health pool to tychus but not so high damage output, if you can cc it then it’s 0.5 kills, if you keep on killing her mech then she can’t rly do much cuz those deaths grant xp. There’s so many heroes that can 1vs5 and teamwipe i don’t even want to list them all…
I do agree that ow heroes doesn’t fit in this game, just cuz of their theme and skills but that’s basically it

1 Like

I mean thats fair. Its just that its kinda lame when a team has to be built around one person on the other team, and when you think about the potential of 3 blinks, and recall, especially compared to what everyone else gets its just not cool. The blinks are also instant, look at fenix who has very little health and there is a cast time on his blink which can be canceled by stun. It is a lot more balanced. I just think that they can do a better job at reworking the heroes, definitely should just remove the idea of auto aim attack while moving imo too. As far as who can 1v5ing who in your opinion can do that?

2 Likes

build a wall. seven.

Well I agree with you that overwatch characters shouldn’t of been placed in hots, but the damage is done.

3 Likes

the fact is that Heroes of the Storm is, and will always be, a “Nexus” or an intersection between all Blizzard Universes and their timelines. Which means Overwatch is included. it also means Diablo Immortal when it comes out is included as part of the Diablo universe. you cant just pick and choose what you think should be around since all of it is part of Blizzard and there are ppl out there that will hate one thing, and some that will love it.

1 Like

Let me express my opinion. Personally i really appreciate ow heroes. Especially tracer.
Its fun and unique mechanically. The best thing i like in hots is the variety of playstyles. Ow heroes add to that variety.
The lack of is actually the reason i quit dota and lol

Geezzzz…what’s all the complaint about ow heroes? if they are so op play them urselves to grandmaster instead of complaining about it.

And the comparison to fps game…they cld put mickey mouse in hots and make it work…its all just about tweaking and balancing the mechanics.

2 Likes

The main problem I see with OW heroes is they (except ana) have OP mobility, while the rest of the heroes generally don’t. In MOBA extra mobility tends to be very OP.

I don’t play this game competitive any more thanks to the match maker sucking too much, so I don’t know if those heroes are relevant or not, but I can tell you that this is the main issue those heroes tend to have. Some of the interesting question you could ask would be:

• Why aren’t the OW heroes that lack extra mobility not making it into this game (e.g. ashe, orisa, torb, mei, …)
  • In HotS, there are some game mechanics that can help deal with those overly speedy heroes (e.g. turrets, freeze, stun that are long enough to pretty much kill them, instant kill with a number of heroes,…) those things tends not to be options in overwatch.
1 Like

How to counter ow heroes?..don’t solo…done.

Also applies to most melee assassins and stealth assassins and some ranged ones.

2 Likes

That proves it means they can be countered loke most heroes

from what i see, i guess all universes have something in common.

diablo: op survivabillity/op dmg (johanna,diablo,ming,nazeebo,etc…)

warcraft: there are so many characters i cant rly categorize warcraft to something.

starcraft: auto attack and lane manipulation
overwatch: mobillity in general

also, characters need to be different in order for a game to be intresting. look here:

johanna: 5 heroes against her and not a scratch
ragnaros: pretty much suited with all he needs (mobillity, awesome team fight, a bit of self sustain with q, quite alot of siege dmg and hero dmg, awesome sololane, and his ults and trait that can rlllly tell u he has a bit of everything)

li-ming: PERFECT mobillity on an almost nonexisting cd
samuro: putting literal mindgames isnt fun in a relatively fast match.
medivh: anti pyroblast PLUS HEAL is already busted XD ( to be fair no sane kael-thas will pick that ult with medivh an enemy but still)
abathur: he is unkillable if good
varian: medivh’s anti pyroblast with the cd of ming’s tp
the list continues…

soo every hero has a twist, not just overwatch. i did think they were on the easier side of the spectrum of hardness however.

2 Likes