Not a Starcraft Hero

It is VERY obvious it isn’t a Starcraft hero. And…

I am extremely… So very much disappointed. It’s been nearly 3 years, 3 YEARS since Fenix was released, and then these franchises of heroes came in this order:

• Diablo

• WC

• WC

• Diablo

• WC

• HotS Original

• Diablo

• WC

• HotS Original

• WC

• OW

And the general consenses is that it is another WC hero. And not even one people were asking for! People were asking for people like Grom, et cetera, and people are thinking its Hogger.

But I wanted Mengsk! Mengsk is a WAY too big of character to be left out of this game. He was the one of the great characters of the original SC and then the antagonist for all of Brood War’s Terran campaign and for both SCII: WoL and SCII: HotS. And we got a dog-human hybrid that you kill in the first ten minutes of Elwynn Forest instead. Great.

15 Likes

Ohohoh then you didn’t see those who wanted Hogger.

I wanted him too, but let’s be honest: there are more players who fought Hogger than those who knows about Mengsk.

2 Likes

I can clearly see they don’t care about SC universe :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

Hogger was always among the top most wanted.

7 Likes

I agree that Hogger was indeed a popular request, but I don’t think this is true. Mengsk has always come up higher on the polls. Not Deathwing levels, but somewhat close if you ranked hero requests.

That said of course, who gets released isn’t just a matter of popularity.

6 Likes

Yeah, I see people wanted him now.

But… There’s already been 5 WC heroes since SC… It’s about time we got Mengsk.

8 Likes

I think the devs mentioned they’re working on Mengsk, but I think it’s hard to come up with abilities for a dude who’s a politician.

3 Likes

Hogger has consistently been one of the most requested heroes, back when they did surveys on Reddit. He was always in the top ten, and major heroes like Fenix, Imperius, and Deathwing have been released since the last one, pushing Hogger up even higher.

Let’s actually break down each release by what they are, rather than some franchise quota.

• Old Man
  • Draenei Paladin (first Draenei)
  • Human Priest (highly requested villainous support)
  • Demon
  • Demon
  • Human?
  • Angel
  • Human Priest (also the last Hearthstone hero)
  • Dumpster Fire
  • Dragon
  • Human Scientist
  • Gnoll

This is the first gnoll in the game, and probably the only one ever. I’d rather have a new race over the 7th human, or 5th protoss. Granted, I would adore a Zergling or Hydralisk, but StarCraft’s roster is kinda limited.

3 Likes

I’m not sure about that. Honestly, the wording is rather vague considering they also talked about trying to prototype reinhardt’s shield. But at the very least, he was considered.

‘At the same time that the Mei design was pitched, we were heavily looking at prototype designs for Reinhardt, Deathwing, and Arcturus Mengsk’

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/heroes-of-the-storm-lead-muses-on-the-success-of-the-gladiator-s-medallion-the-latest-reworks-and-blackthorne-604580.phtml

1 Like

Mengsk, Aldaris, Overmind, Tosh, Admiral Gerard DuGalle, Matt Horner, Rory Swann…

There are a lot of heroes you can add.

2 Likes

I’d rather not. Well actually, that’s not true. Personally I’m fine with a gnoll taking up a WC slot…just not now when SC has gone so long. The real problem here is the timing.

lmao

2 Likes

People already made a lot of concepts to help devs.
Like this one.

2 Likes

Well, if we don’t talk about skins.

Nani!?

But what if… what if those concepts are not enough to have a finished, releasable Hero?

1 Like

Alterac Pass: am i joke to you?

At the same time, I’d rather they add what they want to add. There’s no quota for them to fill. And it’s not like they’re ignoring StarCraft - they’re literally working on Mengsk. They just want to make sure that it’s actually good. When Mengsk does get released, you can expect something appropriately awesome.

With how small their team is and how limited their output has been, they’re releasing what they can.

3 Likes

Sure, we don’t need Zuljin or Voljim, we have trolls as Ranged Minions on AP.

Also why care about Zergs, when they’re the obj on Braxxis by that logic…

4 Likes

Some of them are pretty good. You could use some tweaks if you need and woah - Mengsk is ready!

I love concepts where Mengks is a support.

I meant that Hogger is not the first gnoll in the game, not that we don’t need him.

Who else can he be? Ranged Assasin? :joy: