No Voice Chat in Mojave

Hi! This is in reference to this topic here: Heroes of the Storm Forums

I’m having the same issue and the windowed mode workaround does not work for me. Wondering if there is any fix inbound? Thanks!

3 Likes

I tested out this issue, and I got microphone permissions to work just fine in MacOS Mojave.

What I did was to start a microphone test using the Blizzard Bnet launcher app. Doing so caused an “allow this app to access the microphone?” OS dialog to pop up. Selecting “allow” correctly caused “Battle[dot]net” to be added to the list of microphone-allowed apps in the Security & Privacy System Preferences pane as expected. Afterward I was able to use the microphone in the Heroes of the Storm game client without needing to take any further action.

I don’t know whether what I did in the Bnet app was a workaround or not. I’m not sure what would have happened if I had tried to use the microphone from within the Heroes game client without first using it in the Blizzard Bnet launcher app.

2 Likes

Hi all, for reference since Blizzard support apparently doesn’t come into this forum, this issue was addressed in yesterday’s hot fix (10/12). HOTS now pops the appropriate permissions dialogue for OS X Mojave to access the microphone, and I can verify with that one change, it now works.

THANK YOU Blizzard for addressing this! Now, about your communications… :slight_smile:

So I uninstalled, updated, tried open window mode. Nothing works. Is it possible that the hot patch that implemented the fix was taken off by mistake when 39.2 came online? Please help, it’s extremely frustrating not being able to use voice.

I did the same and have the same result :weary:

1 Like

yes nothing works for me, I have deleted all programs and re installed, I tried windows mode. It works fine in the battle net app. I can chat making a group chat using that app but nothing works in HOTS, nothing. I am super annoyed lol

2 Likes

Hey all,

Since the patch a month ago have not seen anything specific to Mojave that has caused issues with the voice chat. Just seen some individual issue.

I wanted to double check that when in windowed mode that you all opened the Options menu, selected Voice Chat and clicked on Test under the Microphone section. Need to test the microphone to get the Mojave permission window to pop up.

Then try these steps to help get the voice chat working.

• In the Heroes of the Storm voice chat option uncheck Push to Talk. Then test the mic.

• Please make sure your macOS profile is set as an Administrator

• To be on the safe side make sure macOS is up to date.

• It is possible another program could be interfering with Heroes of the Storm. To see if this is the case please run your computer with login items disabled.

• Make sure the Firewall in the computer and router is set up correctly.

1 Like

So I have tried all these options. It seems that about back in October all of these things worked, but only recently (about a week or so) ago this issue started up again. I’ve noticed on reddit, EU and US forums that the problem started again for everyone roughly then. So I’m not sure but literally the only things that changed is that I installed mojave (and first major mojave update came) and that 39.1 and 39.2 came out.

I managed to allow battlenet voice chat, but not on HOTS.

2 Likes

Does the prompt to allow mic permissions for the game not appear when using the Test Mic option in the in-game voice chat settings?

2 Likes

yeah that’s precisely the problem. I can’t get a prompt and so HOTS isn’t listed as one of the applications in the privacy settings. (And all of the methods above haven’t worked).

BTW this other post is in parallel to this one:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/no-microphone-will-work-since-osx-mojave-update

Seeing some reports, not specific to Heroes of the Storm, where this issue with the app not requesting permission to use the mic is resolved by resetting the PRAM. There’s some info on how to do that here if you’re able to give that a try.

Once done I would suggest going through the previous steps of setting the game to windowed mode and performing the mic test.

Didn’t change anything, still not getting a prompt :frowning:

1 Like

nothing is working for me as well, simply just installed Mojave and now no voice, it works in battlenet app

1 Like

I am having the same issues. I just installed Mojave yesterday and I’ve tried all of the work arounds listed in previous forums but it seems that it does not work anymore. Any updates or new work arounds? I was able to grant battle net permission but I’m getting nothing for HoTS, and the resets haven’t worked either.

1 Like

dude it’s not working, I know I did the reset right because of the way the computer started and the game started slower… butttt my MIC does work in the battlenet app just not HOTS

2 Likes

We’ve sent this up and we’re looking to see if we can get additional info on the issue at the moment. Will update once we get some more info to share.

2 Likes

With the mouse issues that have been reported with the recent patch, we’re seeing the fix for that also resolve issues with voice chat for some players.

If we can let’s try making sure the game has Accessibility permissions. For that you’ll want to go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility. If Heroes of the Storm is listed here, make sure it is checked. If the game is not listed here, you can proc the permissions prompt by checking the Disable OS Keyboard Shortcuts option in the Mouse & Keyboard settings of the game.

1 Like

Seems like the 40.0 patch fixed it! :slight_smile:
I didn’t have to do anything, just tried the open-window mode mic test and got the pop up right away.
Thank you for all the help.

Awesome, glad to hear!

1 Like

I am having the same problem the mic works on Battle net but it doesn’t work on HOTS.