Next Hero After Deathwing?

It’s so nice to have the next hero thread again :relaxed:

I sorta want to say it’ll be a DIablo one since OW and SC are being ignored :thinking:

I do hope they break that trend soon, or at least start releasing more old school/highly requested WC ones like Cairne and Grom. Deathwing was a huge name, possibly the biggest on the list and I’m glad it’s been crossed off.

If we really wanna go old school what about Kyle Vlaros from Blackthorne? same game era as the Lost Vikings, probably wouldn’t be as flashy as the last several heroes but doable ( i wrote one myself once).

2 Likes

Diablo 2 Mercenary , Han and Mira in Assault Galleon ( SC2 Coop commander), Egon Stettman, Overmind (make it possess tower or something)

1 Like

Kyle is an overly 90s action hero, if he’s not 80% explosions they’re doing him wrong.

Wish i could find mine on the old forums to show ya torque level EXPLOSIONS! (Borderlands2 character) which had him using different styles of explosive weaponry from his game, took alot of stretching to pull him out of that for HotS.

I have thought about reworking him though and expanding his kit since it was during my early days where i didn’t do talent trees sometimes.

I found mine

I remember reading that one :smiley: mines sadly on the old forums so takes some digging ill check later when im home anyway.

Mine had an interesting trait (least back in those days) where he was basically able to travel through any and all gates including the enemies and he gained unitwalking as well

I wish to see a Overwatch hero, we haven’t get one since Hanzo in December 2017, almost 2 years.

2 Likes

I like that they’re making Deathwing. Good to see another WarCraft 2 character in the mix. I hope they keep him more like a WC2 Dragon instead of the Word of WarCraft nonsense.

Next up I really really really want to see Cairne.

1 Like

prepare for disappointment then because they already showed him off

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/23177451/tremble-before-the-might-of-deathwing-2019-10-22/

For Starcraft I would also suggest Selendis as a protoss carrier.
It could be unique in many ways

-always flying = interesting interaction with terrain elements for chasing and escaping.

-launching interceptors could work in an interesting way, it could either work like zagara’s hydralisk/mutalisk, or it could more thematically summon a swarm with a duration and limited targeting control.

-finally it could gain the voidray like beam that ramps up the longer it fires, a mechanic that only exists on Azmodan atm.

if not Starcraft, it should be Diablo as there are far too many Warcraft characters in HoTs

Preferably NOT an angel, not enough demons or humans in the roster.

2 Likes

I REALLY don’t want Selendis to be a Carrier unless it is her Ultimate. I rather dislike vehicle based Heroes outside of exceptions like Hammer.

1 Like

It’s out of the question. The carrier compared to a siege tank is very huge. He doesn’t technically fit into the dimensions of the characters.
I’ve also heard that the community wants to see her in the game as an adept. For me, this is the most painful question, since from lore StarCraft’s point of view, this is a completely wrong approach to character creation. She never used the equipment of adepts (it is not necessary), adepts of the “did not follow Selendis after Talis death” because originally all the military forces of the Delaams Protectorate obeyed Selendis. If people so strongly want hero-adept-let he will ask about this Talis.
Selendis knows how to fight, and does it in his unique style. It is grace and speed will be an excellent basis for gameplay. I want to see her in the game as a very fast and agile melee assasin, some combination of Genji and Valira.

How about more character class heroes (Diablo main characters) before side characters and NPCs?

Diablo 2 druid and then Baal please and thank you.

1 Like

Well, Itherael is the last member of the Angiris Council. He would make a lot of sense.

1 Like

Listen, we all know Selendis should have been the Zealot hero. Artanis can take all the steroids he wants, he isn’t fooling anybody, you don’t get stuck flying a scout by being a bad***.

I’ve been calling for my Diablo 2 druid since 2015. As of right now, I’ll settle for Diablo 4 druid :wolf: :tornado:

2 Likes

I always went Werewolf Druid in Diablo 2.

3 Likes

I’ve had the D2 Druid listed on my to-do list and he even has a pseudo concept in the back files somewhere (infact Orpheas E Dread was the exact same as my Creeping Vines ability with slow and all) but i shelved it when the WoW Druids bear mostly got too close in designs i was after (specially when there own version of Werebear came out in Legion), despite issues i have with Blizzard currently i’ll probs still grab D4 and try it out specially the Druid and see where it goes from there.

3 Likes

I would make the carrier hero able to mount like usual, for the lulz.