Next Hero After Deathwing?

Deathwing has been announced! Who will follow after him? Starcraft perhaps?

What is odd is this announcement is before Blizzcon. What will they show at Blizzcon? Just Deathwing’s gameplay?

At any rate; I’m hoping we get Starcraft next. Here is hoping for Karax to finally show up!

3 Likes

Baal, show the puny dragon the true meaning of Destruction.

18 Likes

With Deathwing, we now have 4/8 of the final bosses of each WoW expansion. We’re still missing Kil’jaeden, Archimonde, Argus, and now N’Zoth.

I vote Archimonde based on the eredar warlock kit from WC3, with a Kil’Jaeden skin to kill two birds with one stone.

7 Likes

THE LORD OF DESTRUCTION, POSSESSOR OF TAL RASHA, CORRUPTOR OF THE WORLDSTONE, MURDER OF MARIUS, CONQUEROR OF SESCHERON, TRIUNE SPIRIT OF CREATION, FINAL BOSS OF DIABLO 2, AND THE ONLY PRIME EVIL NOT CURRENTLY IN THE NEXUS, BAAL!:smiling_imp:

14 Likes

We will also need Itherael!

4 Likes

I’m actually hoping for the Diablo 2 druid first. Baal second. As for StarCraft, we’ll be needing another zerg. As a protoss player I’ll welcome any protoss hero and not be too picky since I’ve got everyone I wanted already right down to a probe.

3 Likes

If we get Zerg next; I’m hoping for Izsha.

If we get Terran next; I’m hoping for Tosh.

3 Likes

I really want a hero from StarCraft (namely Selendis).
But there will be Mei :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

It’s so nice to have the next hero thread again :relaxed:

I sorta want to say it’ll be a DIablo one since OW and SC are being ignored :thinking:

I do hope they break that trend soon, or at least start releasing more old school/highly requested WC ones like Cairne and Grom. Deathwing was a huge name, possibly the biggest on the list and I’m glad it’s been crossed off.

If we really wanna go old school what about Kyle Vlaros from Blackthorne? same game era as the Lost Vikings, probably wouldn’t be as flashy as the last several heroes but doable ( i wrote one myself once).

2 Likes

Diablo 2 Mercenary , Han and Mira in Assault Galleon ( SC2 Coop commander), Egon Stettman, Overmind (make it possess tower or something)

1 Like

Kyle is an overly 90s action hero, if he’s not 80% explosions they’re doing him wrong.

Wish i could find mine on the old forums to show ya torque level EXPLOSIONS! (Borderlands2 character) which had him using different styles of explosive weaponry from his game, took alot of stretching to pull him out of that for HotS.

I have thought about reworking him though and expanding his kit since it was during my early days where i didn’t do talent trees sometimes.

I found mine

I remember reading that one :smiley: mines sadly on the old forums so takes some digging ill check later when im home anyway.

Mine had an interesting trait (least back in those days) where he was basically able to travel through any and all gates including the enemies and he gained unitwalking as well

I wish to see a Overwatch hero, we haven’t get one since Hanzo in December 2017, almost 2 years.

2 Likes

I like that they’re making Deathwing. Good to see another WarCraft 2 character in the mix. I hope they keep him more like a WC2 Dragon instead of the Word of WarCraft nonsense.

Next up I really really really want to see Cairne.

1 Like

prepare for disappointment then because they already showed him off

For Starcraft I would also suggest Selendis as a protoss carrier.
It could be unique in many ways

-always flying = interesting interaction with terrain elements for chasing and escaping.

-launching interceptors could work in an interesting way, it could either work like zagara’s hydralisk/mutalisk, or it could more thematically summon a swarm with a duration and limited targeting control.

-finally it could gain the voidray like beam that ramps up the longer it fires, a mechanic that only exists on Azmodan atm.

if not Starcraft, it should be Diablo as there are far too many Warcraft characters in HoTs

Preferably NOT an angel, not enough demons or humans in the roster.

2 Likes

I REALLY don’t want Selendis to be a Carrier unless it is her Ultimate. I rather dislike vehicle based Heroes outside of exceptions like Hammer.

1 Like