New Season got delayed to March 26th

Well, I just saw it on reddit and they changed the new season to March 26th.

You can see the proof here: https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/heroes-of-the-storm/22821339/2019-ranked-season-1-dates-and-rewards

(I don’t get why I can’t even include a link from blizzard.com but okay lol)

4 Likes

I sincerely hope that doesn’t mean the spring event and/or next hero is only going to be at the end of the month. Man these layoffs and team cutting really hit them hard.

14 Likes

I just hope that this abnormally long time without content isn’t the new norm, otherwise even i’ll get bored and end up taking a hiatus…

8 Likes

That too. It kinda feels like they’re trying to kill any interest in the game with nothing interesting happening for such long stretches.

3 Likes

Well, we’re in the middle of the month, no ptr and ptr is usually a thing and it’s one week before the new things hit live.

7 Likes

Don’t know about you guys but I’m bored out of my mind. Pretty much everyone was expecting PTR today and noone from Blizzard side bothered to let us know it would get delayed. Instead they just edited a 4 month old blog post. I’m not mad but it would have been common courtesy to say they don’t feel comfortable releasing unfinished patch that needs more polish.

TL is a mess and I had to play my first HL game in a month to stop the decay, it only took 15 minute to setup the match on EU at peak hour.

One positive thing is that they decided to make ARAM a default brawl type for the foreseeable future. Low stress, fun matches with little toxicity. Considering how loose matchmaking here is, if anyone important is reading this, I suggest you change it so one player on each team gets a choice of 3 healers, to prevent one sided stomps and clownfest that is usually caused by stubborn or afk players - it would significantly improve game quality.

I’m hoping that some of that WoW race change cash flow gets redirected to the Hots team tomorrow after everyone and their grandma changes to Zandalari/Kul’Tiran. I hate to advertise for them, but the services are currently discounted and the patch is about to hit.

I think they might just be getting their “stuff” together before really working and releasing content.

It’s pretty common for workplaces to take a break and see what their team can handle.

they should create an “I’m bored” board game while things keep getting extended

2 Likes

To be honest I don’t think we get PTR if the changes are only role rework + ranked changes. We should only get PTR if they do some hero rework or release a new hero, but I really don’t know if that is going to happen now with the big update.

It’s reasonable for the player base to expect many other hero changes to come with the role rework, including some drastic changes they would be afraid to introduce mid-season. PTR is never a bad idea, look how great their improved AI turned out to be ^wink^

I prefer they wait and give something decent instead of rushing things to please unpleasable whinners and get things like warlods or legion or bfa.

9 Likes

I hope this is the case.

I played exclusively HL leading up to a Summer 2016 hiatus until Spring 2018 and the MM was good and queue was good before that. Fast forward to the TL change and HL queue is almost longer than the amount of match time if you count leavers, and TL if you queue as a 5-man having the same problem. I waited 15 minutes for queue to pop with 5-man followed by leaver, 10 min queue, leaver, 10 min queue, leaver, then yea fudge that never again.

P.S. Hopefully the consolidation solves this, and if needed they consolidate Unranked player pool.

1 Like

They tought the AI to B-Step in captive merc camps so gud.

No more half baked stuff, just be transparent with the community, ask for feedback and people will complain a lot less. The AMA’s are proof of the good will.

1 Like

ppl keep saying that but then there is the…

you know?
dont misunderstand me here. i understand that you are saying ‘if they want a little extra time then take it to make things right’. however, this is like the 2nd delay we have seen. the first one was not putting the stuff out for season 1. so really its like 3 months late already. they have actually had all this time extra working on it.

Well this is totally understandable and is the biggest beef with the reworks when you do not care about those heroes.

With the new season alot is happening.

Ranked merge, they are messing with MMR here… we dont need another fiasco with bronze and silver placing master while gms place bronze.

Currancy exchange, gotta make sure that its not bugged so nothing can be gltiched or abused, or cause a loss of currancy.

Lunar event. Quests. skins, mounts.

Possible new hero or rework coming out with it.

I think there was something else with this too but either way thats a lot of changes and if they need to make sure everything is working correctly.

1 Like

lunar event is gone. its not coming up. the extended winter event replaced it.

not likely. that doesnt mean they arent working on it. they are always working on heroes obviously. however, it would be rather stupid to release a hero with a bunch of other changes imo. its easier to monitor the major changes effects without the hero release.

We may not get a lunar event in specific, but we will get an event with the past lunar skins at least.

1 Like