Mouse cursor is mis-aligned / off?

Hi there. Updated the game just a half hour ago. While on the game’s main menu, my mouse cursor seems to be mis-aligned. This worsens as I move my cursor towards the right side of the screen.

For example during hero select, my mouse cursor is placed right about 2 inches above the center of the screen, but the game thinks its hovered over Kel’Thuzad. I’m still able to click/select things but it’s like the game thinks my monitor is smaller than it really is.

It’s not my mouse itself because that’s working fine with other games. Maybe a resolution thing? I can’t click the icon for Settings in the bottom right because of the problem either. I even tried to scan/repair the game from Bnet client and also just uninstall/re-download it … still the same issues.

Help me please and thanks!

3 Likes

Hey there,

Try resetting the game settings through the Battle.net app. That will clear the config file and get it to be recreated when you launch the game again.

^ This does not get reset when you uninstall and reinstall the game.

3 Likes

if you have:
Virtual Super Resolution
or
Dynamic Super Resolution

turned on in your graphics card control panel. turn it off for Heroes of the Storm. this has been known to cause issues with the mouse.

1 Like

Problem i had was GeForce experience adjusted resolution beeyound screen native (aka virtuel size). With lastest update

I tried this and it did not work!

Same! I have also been having this issue the past couple times I have been logging in. It’s annoying.

Does resetting the driver settings help by chance?

Morogoth has a good callout as well. For Nvidia, DSR is a very common cause of the cursor being misaligned. It’s in the 3D settings for under DSR - Factors and turning this off should help.

If it persists, try deleting the Variables.txt file in Documents/Heroes. It’ll be recreated once the game launches. This should help reset the resolution settings for the game if it stored some settings.

My issue was that GeForce Experience had preset a resolution for the game (3840x2160). I fixed it by just resetting my resolution through GeForce back to 1920x1080.

1 Like

I get this often, usually when interacting with another program or web page in the background after minimizing the game. Some days things will be fine, and other days not so much. I’ve installed the game on different drives, edited settings and updates, but the only thing that seems to fix it is a hard reset. Usually when the cursor becomes misaligned and I close hots, the game will boot with a black screen when opened again. I only ever have this issue with HoTS. Not so fun throwing winning games because the game wonks out for seemingly no reason on my end.

This worked for me! Thank you!!! <3

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.