Microsoft’s Acquisition: A Treasure Trove of New Heroes?

Greetings, Heroes of the Nexus! :star2:

With Microsoft acquiring Activision Blizzard, it opens up fascinating possibilities for new heroes from Microsoft’s rich gaming portfolio. Here are some intriguing candidates that could bring unique dynamics and a fresh breeze to our beloved Nexus:

1. Master Chief (Halo): The iconic Spartan could bring his advanced combat skills and weaponry to the battlefield.
  2. Steve/Alex (Minecraft): Imagine the creative and structural possibilities, building and crafting mid-battle!
  3. Marcus Fenix (Gears of War): His rugged combat experience and powerful arsenal would be a formidable presence.
  4. Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie): This dynamic duo could have interesting synergy and varied abilities.
  5. The Arbiter (Halo): Another representative from the Halo universe, bringing a different set of skills and weaponry.
  6. Cuphead and Mugman (Cuphead): These unique characters could offer exciting and visually distinctive gameplay mechanics.

What are your thoughts? :speech_balloon:

Would love to hear your opinions and ideas on these potential newcomers! Which character would you most be excited about, and what kind of abilities would you like to see them have?

Looking forward to some fun and creative discussions! :stars:

• Sire Denathrius
1 Like

Enough now
these are becoming more vexing by the moment

4 Likes

I’d be happy with the addition of any new heroes in the Nexus at this point. When the merger of ActiBlizz and MS was announced, many opened discussions about adding MS related skins, MS Heroes, and even Bethesda heroes, as MS also owns that studio.

As the merger hasn’t yet passed, it’s a waiting game to see if Hots will receive more support under MS, let alone the introduction of MS owned heroes. It is, though, fun to speculate.

I’m curious if you belong to the gaming guild: “Guild Medieval”, as your handle fits neatly into that organization? Don’t feel pressed to answer, it’s just your choice of handle is very familiar to me.

I can’t completely disagree, but I’ll take this kind of spam over “MM forced 50%” or “Remove Mirror games from ARAM.”

1 Like

They are making me squint in suspicion due to the A.I vibes I been getting. Also the amount of thread spam is getting a bit irritating. I took a glance and they are making a handful of threads a day.

As for the topic, not gonna happen unless the game is taken out of maintenance mode. Hogger was the last hero about…three years ago? When the game had a full development team and was running on all cylinders it was almost two heroes a month but starting 2018 the number of heroes released rapidly started to decline until it reached zero after Mei and Hogger were released in 2020.

While I would love to see the game getting zapped back to life, the chances of that happening are about as likely as as Blizzard not messing up the lore in one of their games in the next 2-3 months.

Diablo 3 has been in maintenace mode since forever and while it does have some activity, there are some parts of the game that will never be finished such as the PvP, follower stories (I am looking a you Lyndon, you poor scoundrel), and some other things left in the dust.

tbh a new hero a month was BREAKNECK speeds, I honestly think a good healthy pace for new heroes would be 1 hero every 3-4 months at most 6 months (if microsoft does start supporting this game) It is nice to have a new hero happen, give him time to settle and get balanced and find their spot in the game before adding another new hero to then throw it all into wack again

you should honestly focus on Cho’Gall 1st

Totally understand the skepticism, and I’m well aware of the game’s current state and the slim chances of new additions. It’s just a fun speculative discussion about what ‘could’ happen in an alternate universe where the game is thriving again. It’s always fun to imagine the possibilities! :star2:

Best,
Sire Denathrius

This game has been shelved. MS is not going to invest in something they believe doesn’t work.

I can’t remeber a company ever buying another one and reviving a game that had been dropped.

Microsoft doesn’t own that.

even if they currently have ‘ownership’ of several IPs, cross-overs can be a nightmare to manage. While heroes currently exists and could have people add things to the game, but the tone, expectation, and reputation of the game would likely make a ‘better’ option if a “new” game were made to have all these other heroes added instead.

The entire/whatever could still be used, but instead of putting in a bunch of work that allows all the players to get the stuff for “free”, especially with all their hoarded in-game wealth, having a new game would force players to start over and be more likely to make purchases.

1 Like

Sire Denathrius is a wow charecter from the shadowlands expansion

1 Like

Sire Denathrius is a WoW villain from the Shadowlands who heralds over Revendreth. His duty is to ensure that anima is distributed appropriately across the different realms and to rehabilitate redeemable souls. The redeemed souls are then sent to the realm that suits their passions best.

However, he ended up siding with the Jailer and sent all souls and anima into the maw for use in the Jailer’s army. As a result, the remaining realms, including Revendreth, were anima starved and did not receive additional help in the form of new souls.

If I could choose what my voice would sound like, it would be the Ravenlord/Nathanos Blightcaller (same VA) or Sire Denathrius.

“Restrain yourself Remornia. This is Revendreth. We do not butcher… we educate”.

“I AM REVENDRETH!”

4 Likes

There is enough baggage of missing heroes from Blizzard games that any HotS resurrection team would have their work cut out for a long time before considering heroes from other non-Blizzard franchises.

From Diablo alone…
Baal Lord of Destruction - Iconic Diablo II expansion final boss.
Lilith - Iconic Diablo IV final boss.
Itherael - Last missing member of the Angiris Council.
Belial Lord of Lies - Missing Diablo III boss, one of the most memorable of the game.
Duriel Lord of Pain - Missing Diablo II and Diablo IV boss. One of the most memorable of the game for being the first boss that could not be cheesed.
Andarial Maiden of Anguish - First boss of Diablo II, boss in Diablo IV. Controversial due to her concept design so I can understand her being skipped.

From StarCraft, filling out non-HotS (Heart of the Swarm) campaigns.
Arcturus Mengsk - Primary antagonist of StarCraft II WoL and HotS campaigns.
Rory Swann - Chief engineer of the Raynor Raiders.
Egon Stetmann - Chief scientist of the Raynor Raiders.
Matt Horner - Captain of the Hyperion under the Raynor Raiders. Admiral of the Dominion under Valerian Mengsk.
Karax - Master Phase Smith under Artanis.
Vorazun - Dark Templar Matriarch.
Talandar - A purifier robot based on Fenix’s mind.
Duran/Narud - Major shapeshifting servant of Amon.

7 Likes

So please stop it!
Hots is about the Blizzard IPs and not Microsoft or Activision… Look at the Warcraft franchise and how many there are. We never have to worry about new heroes because there are more than enough. No Blizzard character in Hots would take the soul out of the game!

3 Likes

I’m obviously not a WoW player, but Hots has made me appreciate some of the lore and, in particular, the interesting backstories of the heroes ported over to Hots.

I appreciate the time and effort made to reply, this is interesting reading.

5 Likes

If I recall correctly Blizzard is pulling a fast one to keep Revendreth around due to him being awesome in their books, yet they dumpstered some other heroes because “it would go against lore.” or some nonsense.

Warcraft has a rich and deep sea of lore that has been steadily getting shot up until it is the swiss cheese mess that it is now. The last few expansion packs have been really chewing it up unfortunately.

WoW is suffering the same fate that plagues comic books in that there never is truly an end. As a result things that do not make sense in lore, if not the lore getting twisted around, are done to keep the money rolling in. Worse still is each expansion pack more or less has to outdo the previous one with each one being less grounded and more outlandish.

Basic World of Warcraft you are just some random dude/dudette just exploring around and trying not to get murdered. Taking on more than one wolf could send you off into the afterlife, and if you saw a shambling horror with a silver dragon around its name; RUN! With the final bad guy requiring a small army of players to take down (Kel’Thuzad brags about it in one of his on clicks) and leveling up was a slog.

Characters that died lore wise stayed dead, except for the player for obvious reasons, but you ran back to a cemetary to be revived. Now, in lore, there are times where the heroes stayed dead such as the final confrontation with the Lich King with only rotten chunks left of them lying around the Frozen Throne.

Now though, you are the Ranger-General-Deathwalking-Chosen One-Almighty-Super Duper-God King of Everything who can wreck entire armies, wears armor forged by cosmict deities that were bored one day, and have slain everything from one side of the cosmos to the other and await the game’s version of Thanos to stop playing Tetris to come over to have the most epic thumb war with you in existence. Don’t blink, because you’ll be max level before you know it, and the leader of whatever faction you belong to will just hand over the throne because you’re cool.

Oh and do not worry about dying. You will just land in one of the many afterlifes that exist. Just wait for the elevator to reach your level to ascend back to the mortal plane. Same with everyone else. They may however take it as a vacation and come back later.

2 Likes

I mean, that’s what makes it relatable. In actual life, there is no end to wars and such. WWI did not result in a happily ever after. After WWI, there was WWII, and so forth. And with each progressive war, technology has increased and thus, akin to “oudoing the previous one”.

That’s what makes it a world.

I think in WoW, the threats don’t necessarily have to outdo themselves but to say, “ok, we’re finished and we’re forever safe” is something left for books, not a world.

1 Like

When I read this it sounds like a movie in a horrible way.

Hopefully part 3 wont come.

1 Like

Everything that has a beginning has an end and everything that has an end is eventually lost and forgotten. Nothing lasts forever and despite the best efforts things are forgotten to the passage of time.

The only constant is there is an end to all things.

cue dramatic music

1 Like

In reality, we don’t know if there ever was a beginning and clearly, it hasn’t ended yet. No one knows when the universe began or if it ever began. We just know how Earth came to be and that story is still ongoing.

That’s what it means to create a living, breathing world in a game. I think if there was an end, it’d be so lame and I’d never play an MMO again ever. I’ve played WoW since vanilla, sometimes casually and sometimes hardcore but if that gets thrown out for a 2.0 or whatever, then I’m done.

I see people parrot the sentiment of an ending in wow forums and personally, it’s just lame and overdone. If it does happen, I won’t be around for 2.0.

1 Like

Doesn’t Microsoft also own Bethesda? Doom Guy could make a fitting skin for Raynor.

2 Likes