Matchmaking Update - December 21, 2018

I just played on a team of triple support vs triple dps, guess how fun that was… thanks blizz

1 Like

5 games no tank on my team 5 times. Best I got was Art and they had Imperius and Rexxar… Was soooo much fun…

1 Like

Quick match is fun? NO ITS NOT! Match making is annoying. Enemy had 3 tanks against our 1 tank? Realy blizz?? reason for being toxic is given

3 Likes

i think you guys need to consider making some changes to ranked in regards to hero level requirements because this situation is not acceptable in ranked.

basically the way it works right now its no rules as it was with the old Team League which was basically junk. everyone agreed there. allowing people to just queue up as anything made ranked a disaster zone.

in the old ranked system Hero League had a rule to combat this sort of thing. it was that to even use a hero you had to get that hero to Level 5 minimum. i believe this sort of restriction needs to be considered again. Hero Level restrictions are important to ranked.

as an aside, the current account level requirements are 16 heroes and account level 80. if you got all 16 of those heroes to level 5 that equals 80. assuming you picked 16 heroes with the intention of leveling them for ranked to begin with. so mandatory hero level requirements makes even more sense.

4 Likes

i get they dont give a rip about the game anymore but FIX QM. There have been countless times where it is just completely one sided matches and its frustrating to even want to play the match out. FIX THE GAME EVEN IF YOU DONT CARE ABOUT IT!!!

4 Likes

Nobody at the dev team cares about us. This is fk BS to me. If u can’t fix the game, sell it to Riot. Can’t getting worse enough.

3 Likes

No thx, don’t want to see hero design go down even faster than MMR numbers after a lost demotion :stuck_out_tongue:

MMR at this point doesnt mean crap for the game becasue even ranked is crap. Id rather them sell the game off to riot so that way it can go back to what it was. Screw overwatch that is a game that they should let die but cant because of all the deals they have made. OOOHH here we go again goats vs goats that really fun to watch…NOT!!! HOTS was fun to watch.

2 Likes

Just saying don’t like Riot’s hero design, and rightfully so… Devs screwed but don’t want to see super huge influx of SJW influence over heroes… Don’t want to see “nonmale” wisp wielding a two-handed heavy Scythe that has “magical attack” and two-shots everyone but takes time to recharge lol… Don’t want to see a “darker lane minion” holding a two-handed giant Crossbow and so on

REALLY don’t want the game to be ruined by “overfantasizing” “diversity”… Yes it’s a game, yes it’s a fantasy world, but would rather have things make as much sense as possible (for as long as possible)… Wanna play a game in which don’t have to spend countless of hours to just “learn case by case” which hero does what instead of their looks/size intuitively tells me so

Could go on further, but NO, even the sheer thought is a blasphemy and maybe even sacrilege (to quote Imperius :D) though

I too am not satisfied with matchmaking. Sometimes I am put with 4 players that are below average and yet the opposing team will play coordinated and their skills are average or above. If I was to represent this mathematically, it’s like both teams are 10 points. I’m 6 points and each of my team mates are 1 point.

The opposing team has 5 players that are 2 points each.
The total sum is the same but in the actual game it is impossible to carry such low-skilled players.

I don’t like writing about this because I like to try and be positive and help others HOWEVER as soon as I make a suggestion…it’s like opening the gates of Mordor and I get 4 reports (even got suspended) despite being the least offensive of the lot. And where I play, there are packs of these players that lick each others wounds and promote “Assimilate or don’t get support/heals” and yet I don’t get credit for carrying the team during those games and because of the way they think, even if it’s obvious I carry them, they believe they are awesome…I’m fine with it, I learned to just be positive and turn off chat when I detect these kind of teams. And it’s fun to later meet these players in another game and dominate them. I like to go on tangents…

UPDATE: Was going to start a new topic but I see I summed up my situation well and when I make a topic it gets deleted if I even talk about the quality of skill of other players. June 2019 and I won 1 match in 14 matches in Quick Match. I don’t know how that is mathematically possible as matchmaking is supposed to get everyone at a 50% win rate. And almost all matches I have the best overall stats on the team (eg: #1 in 3 or 4 useful columns). I noticed that after I carry the teams to late game, there is constant throws by the team being split up. If I mention anything in chat I get verbally abused.
Ah ffs, I can’t post a link or HTML image until I get 20 likes and 10 posts…
Update: Thanks to Morogoth: I can post the link in a Preformatted Text Block.

https://i.ibb.co/WFmCjjW/Hot-S-Match-Making-Issue-2019.jpg

5 Likes

look here under “Code Blocks” it will help you. you cant post images unless you are level 3 anyway, but you will be able to post the link to the image with a code block.

1 Like

mm can not be worst than now.

5 Likes

Thankyou, I read the examples. It’s was a bit confusing at first because what they call “Code Blocks” is called “Preformatted Text” in the comment toolbar.
Many thanks!

Now everyone can view my comment and see the awesome lose streak. On school holidays, it is almost unavoidable. The problem seems to be the Blizzard Logic where they use hero level as a way to create MMR for QM. The problem is that the weight they assign for my hero level is far too great. As a result, the enemy team is usually pretty average but understand how to play as a team. And I usually get players that probably meant to play Farmville but accidentally queued in HotS QM.
Before they implented whatever they did, I was at 90% win rate on my favorite characters.

Now it doesn’t matter who I play, I’m predestined to lose unless I play 1 hero that I will not mention and even that hero - sometimes I cannot carry 4 players to victory as the enemy team has a brain and they all just roam around following me - you’d expect I get some points for doing that but even while I do that, my team…they have free access to whatever they want and it’s like the worst AI plays better as it actually works and gets XP or pushes a lane or gets a camp.

I don’t understand how players can be so unproductive and so toxic - now I usually turn chat off as it’s usually a waste of time trying to talk - I’ll get insulted for not assimilating with Solanum tuberosum.

1 Like

your welcome. i edited it recently with the examples too so it would be clearer what to do. also, yes there is a preformated text button. it places the ‘single line’ type of code block.

:laughing: ya it happens. weekends and holidays as they say. if you really care about your ranked position do not play on those.

for a long time i did as well. i turned it back on though a while back though. tbh after it being off so long i can just ignore most of whats going on unless they literally fill the chat log. then it gets pretty annoying.

since the chat log is right there in the center scrolling upwards it kind of obscures what is going on and can cause bad things to happen.

1 Like

Ranked queue isn’t working on EU. WTF is going on? My boosts are ticking away and support can’t help me with nothing. According to them everything is fine and refunds are not possible. :disappointed_relieved:

Yeah, I can’t have chat on if they are toxic. I was born with Autism which has a good and bad side. The good side is my verbal, numerical and visual IQ is higher than average by a lot however the downside is that due to also being born with ADD I can only focus on 1 thing at a time and so even though I innately want to solve problems, it distracts me and also if I find that most of the time the other members will be toxic regardless of how useful my advice is. I got good at the game by memorizing everything about the game but even if I quote Blizzard’s own data/statistics/advice - there seems to be a lot of people that want to vent their stress in comments. And if I get involved in that, I usually get silenced as it seems that if 4 people report me for talking - even if I’m the least offensive of the 5, I’ll be the one that gets silenced. I don’t know why Blizzard keeps spamming me with “What do you think of our reporting system?” Because a star rating of 1 should have the option to explain why I give it a rating of 1. It’s about as good as the US Legal system where criminals don’t get the right punishment and non-criminals get the harshest punishment.

1 Like

match making sucks big time

1 Like

just WOW, last 5 games, got paired with THE SAME TROLL PLAYER I reported in Game 1, before going on a Losing streak knocking me down an entire tier of colors… fivepack should be banned from game, not allowed to play ranked, stuck with AI or QM and NEVER PAIRED WITH ME AGAIN!!! 1 report should be enough to NEVER be matched with another player EVER!!! I’m so sick of trolls, bots, afk’er and people who HAVE NO BUSINESS playing Ranked… Blizzard your system SUCK, has failed and You’re gonna lose A LOT more players this season ‘trying’ to get rid of the smurf and troll accounts… There needs to be a forfeit button and NO POINTS lost when paired with such players… RANKED 50 Wins!!! WTF, not happening when you always pair me with incompetent FOOLS!!! Zero ablility to pick hero, combos or counters… In fact, THEY TROLL THE SAME HERO ALL DAY LONG!!! and If you take their ‘main botted hero’ whatever program they are using (cause it certainly isn’t their brain) goes from ‘primary selection’ to ‘secondary’. Example, you have Melee assassin picked, you pick the hero they ALWAYS DO, it ‘autocorrects’ on secondary which is ‘flexible’, Which they are anything BUT!!! I want all my points back for lost games because of these players, bots and incompetent players… Failure to comply ='s no more $$$$$ for you, your staff or profits for Activision!!! #SODONE!!! #HotSisDEAD!

1 Like

When will blizzard stop with shiity match making. So many games with total stomps one way or another. Non stop compostions with one tank/bruiser vs 2 tanks and 2 melee assasins. Thats unplayable. Solo tank cant play that. Always dive heavy enemy compostion vs glass cannons…It is really annoying and this brings frustration in players and toxicity among the team mates

1 Like