Matchmaking Update - December 21, 2018

Since the latest SL update (50 wins to get rewards) I’ve given up on QM. Now during peak times I’m getting sub 2 minute queues for SL and everytime I go back to QM it’s just horrible. I think this shows the devs are trying to think of solutions that work. I really appreciate it.

Now if you look at my post history (Even in this above post from last year…) I am a big fan of an option for “tank and healer only matches” in QM and surrender button (If you have an AI for >5 minute etc) in QM only. So please don’t think I am one of those people that are “Play draft or quit complaining”. But at the moment it is pretty good.

Personally I don’t know what they can do to fix it but I don’t think it’s in a good spot right now. I hope they do cause I like QM especially when I want to practice or it’s in off hours but I think it’s a problem of decreasing population of players. I really wish this was marketed more when first released because I think this is a great game :slight_smile:

Wait times: Since wait times aren’t that bad (in my experience) we should have the option to turn on a, “wait for balanced teams” option. I don’t want to wait 25 seconds to get into a 25 min cluster of a match. I want to wait 3-5 mins to get into a well balanced back and forth epic showdown… IMO many players push for shorter queue times but sometimes the user doesn’t know what they want. I feel as though there should be better in game surveys happening after the game.

Maps: We should be able to (Starcraft style) pick which 1-3 maps we don’t want to play. With a side-note of, “this may increase wait times”.

Voting: The MVP voting should have 2 buttons. The first is an MVP button (depicted by a crown) which you can only click once between all 9 other players, and the second is a “I’d be happy playing with this person” button, (a thumbs up). Players get 10 gold for voting for a MVP and 10 gold for liking one or more other players. MVP votes can stay the same. Thumbs up votes can either be shown to the individual or for everyone to see.

2 Likes

Totally agree with the first option… We must be in the minority though.
Note: before I get the haters that say play draft, I do when it’s available (minor region here).

Idk how they would know who is the majority or not. I’ve never been polled or anything like that.

I told that to myself several times, but devs managed to surprise me…

that update is pretty old

Give us the option of toggling wether or not we want to wait for a good quality match.
We need a toggle that asks you:
Do you want to play with diamond players to make your game faster in case you are going to be in queue longer than x minutes? YES/NO

Because otherwise people who dont want to be matched against diamonds are going to be leaving queue every 30 seconds like they do right now and it is not fun.

2 Likes

Played a couple matches the other night, two games in a row got matched against a 5 stack of high diamond/master players. In the first match, had a level 12 and 13. Blizzard how do you think it’s okay to match new players against something like that? Fix your algorithm . Stop putting new players in games with higher level/high ranked people. It’s been happening more and more often.

3 Likes

It sucks. I know. But dead game is dead (coming from a big fan). I really hope by some miracle it becomes the most popular MOBA and I really wish it hadn’t ended the way it did.

2 Likes

More and more I think about uninstalling due to the unfair match ups in most of the games. Am I frustrated? A little yes, but a game that offers no fun for casual players like me is better left aside. Even brawl’s options for characters sometimes are totally unfair compared to the other team. Been playing this for almost 3 years and never had this thought more reoccurring than nowadays.

2 Likes

This is garbage. QM is still horrifically unbalanced and always lopsided, both hero selection and experience.
Pretty sure the devs were trolling when they made this post.

2 Likes

They reversed the changes straight away because “apparently” everyone prefers quicker games over better comps

1 Like

Yeah, I guess the toggle previously mentioned would be the best approach. “Toggle for slower match making but all players will be the same level and all roles will be filled.”

2 Likes

Where is deathwing ?

He’ll be releasing on the PTR on Monday and in the live game on December 3rd.

Match making is broken in QM.
The match making usually match party team match with non-party team.
The MMR rating is not broken match unbalance skilled player.
Please fix.

2 Likes

I don’t know but what ever they done to the match maker wrong. Iv seen more unbalanced teams in the last 2 days than I have seen in all my time of playing. I have seen several games where its been 0-30 in QM. Im not that great at this game by any means but going 6 hours of play with out a single win something is wrong. It wasn’t like that before.

Every game has been a one sided stop and I’m the one being stomped. Im not saying i should win every game. I believe the match maker is now worse than ever.

2 Likes