So there's NO restriction on which heroes you can play in SL?

One of my team mates yesterday accidentally picked Medhiv. But his Medhiv was Lvl 1. We are no longer restricted to Lvl 5 heroes?

1 Like

Nope, no limits. SL is simply old Team League with a new paint job.

7 Likes

So you can play SL in theory with like 6 heroes at lvl 3?

I’ve been getting a lot of teamates who cannot draft because they don’t own/play enough heroes.

2 Likes

Player level has to be 50 or higher.

2 Likes

Yes, another bad change, now trolls can troll using level 1 heroes.

1 Like

Something’s wrong then, I had a Lvl 48 in one of my last games.

yes, and there in lies the one the core issues. you can go right into ranked games on a new hero you have never even touched before and play like crap. you dont know what you should pick for talents, how to play them effeciently, or anything else.

i would just like to insert this here since the problem has been around since TL obviously. however, they had a legit chance to change things on the merger of HL and SL to make things better for everyone.

1 Like

Must be a visual bug. You can’t queue or press ready in SL if you are under level 50.

1 Like

Requirement is 16 heroes at level 1 and an account level of 50.

1 Like

I hate this…

So basically you must own 16 heroes, right?

No… because the free slots count. I think you can get away with owning 4-8 heroes depending on if you have overlap with the free ones that week.

2 Likes

The end is nigh!

20 doomsayers.

If we’re approaching it with the suspicion that something isn’t working right, couldn’t the restriction be what’s bugged?

Well, everything is physically possible. Back in the day some people were getting skins and mounts in Lost Cavern, which weren’t to be released for years (or ever).

Once in ~500 games I also see people in a QM party get a hero they didn’t queue with (nor did they even own said hero)

I guess it is possible for the client to bug and allow a level 1-49 to press Ready in Storm League but it’s unlikely. The account level is checked against the server so not even hacking it with a hex editor would help.

1 Like

Just lost a game with a 9 death Lvl 2 free rotation Orphea.

I mean, it happened a few times before but, I don’t know what’s going on right now. That’s like 6 games in a row.

Oh I didn’t realize this.
I went and got every hero to level 5, just in case I ever feel like playing them.