macOS Catalina no mic prompt

Reinstalled macOS Catalina (10.15.7 (19H524)). Put game not into the default location (/Applications/), but trather in a subfolder (/Applications/Games/). Not sure if that affects or not the issue.

After launching the game it never prompted for mic access and therefore cannot have mic activated. Doesn’t show up in the settings menu.

Before I had this issue in Mojave, but update fixed it. Now I do not now what to do.

Hey Caba,

I’m moving this over to the Mac technical support forum for visibility of other Mac users who may have input. Let’s put HOTS into Windowed mode and once you are in the game do a mic test in the voice chat menu. This should prompt the permission to access the mic.

For Windowed mode:
From within the Desktop App, click on the cog that is next to the play button and go to game settings.
    Check the Additional command line arguments box.
    Enter -Displaymode 0 and click done.

Thank you for helping out. That doesn’t do anything. I must note, that my instalation folder is not a default one. My game is located in a /Applications/Games/Heroes of the Storm/ folder. Maybe that has an affect for command line.

Hey Caba, if you’re still having issues with your mic, you should check out this thread: [Catalina] Voice Chat not working in Heroes of the Storm - #8 by Zentgraf-1420

Long story short, you may need to manually open up the mic permissions for Heroes by going into Terminal and pasting the code thats in the thread. Not sure it will work with a different directory, but worth a shot. Note that you can’t just copy the code directly from the forum post - I had to copy it into textedit and replace all the apostrophes