Is anyone else getting a million HotS updates?

This whole “theory” is in part lifted from a more elaborate one posted on the Hots subReddit that was at least more creative.

tfw that same post has hack in its name slapped in and the definition of hack is how to clean that rubbish data that is being dumped into your storage lol

I know, it was a huge groan and eye roller for me and I just moved on. I did expect to see a version of it pop up here, my disappointing prediction is sadly affirmed.

Has anyone found a solution that works?

No its still an issue for me. My game has to download/install the same update every time I launch the game.

Sometimes it downloads it and I still get a version mismatch and have to relaunch the game.

1 Like

That workaround did work for me (I created a desktop shortcut so I wouldn’t need to navigate the folders every time).

Of course, if you processor is 32 bits, then the executable you need to run is probably in “support” and not “support64”.

Also, note that you might still get the “version mismatch” error sometimes, but you can just run it again (still bypassing the launcher). I’ve never had 2 “version mismatch” errors in a row.

Other than that, all we can do is wait for a patch to fix it. Though I think it’s the Battle.net app that needs a fix, not HotS itself.

3 Likes

So after 3 months plus, all they have done is come up with a workaround to this?
They said they were aware of the issue well before the new year, and they can’t be bothered to either undo wth they did, or resolve the issue they created.
What else do we expect from blizz these days?

That wasn’t them. It came from players. And it doesn’t work for everyone.

they broke something with the new client. they will blame users like normal until they find the problem and youll just see it in the patch notes. oh btw we fixed a bug we made so ya btw all the people banned for being salty about it and saying something about. still banned.

doesnt work for me. i try with a lot of possible solution of different posts and pages, no one work.

Ouf, sorry friend. Battle net has just been downright embarrassing.

1 Like

In times of corruption all over the world this is not a time to be prolonging such a peculiar bug. It really makes u wonder whether the microsoft deal is authoritarian or productive. It’s honestly contemplating me to quit all their games for good.

I was gonna ask about this but do you also get a “preparing game data downloading 5.4k MB” When you use the support64 work around? I don’t get the 137MB anymore but I’m afraid I messed up and made it worst

Yes it is. I did a full uninstall of both Hots and the Launcher, two times now, I thought I’d get that out of the way first.

So I now get “preparing game data” when I start (within the launcher or the switcher.exe) and if I’m using the launcher I get a patch after I log out of Hots.

The switcher.exe often doesn’t work for me now as I will get a “client mismatch” error and the only method I’ve found to fix that error is to start the client and change my region from Americas to Europe or Asia, log in to that region, log out and it will clear the error.

The sheer volume of people having these issues (I’ve seen the same posts on Reddit) I don’t believe it’s all user error and it’s been far over two months of this now.

any update on fix? 19 20

It’s coming in Q3 2023.

New patch guys!!!

any update on fix? 19 20

It’s a strategy to keep us happy, you know… that there’s constant updates :grin: