Is anyone else getting a million HotS updates?

First 2 times I figured it was pre-loading something. But now it’s updating every time I launch the game. Is my game bugged or is everyone else getting the same thing?

20 Likes

is not you, that happen to me too

I think it’s the same update over and over.

I got an update every time i opened the game for some reason.

I have gotten the 137mb “streaming” update for like a year now when I reopen the client. So not a recent occurrence for me. Happens after I click “play”.
Really annoying…

3 Likes

Blizz hooked up with iTunes…

2 Likes

I only get that after a new patch, but these nothing updates the past few days have also been triggering it. Immensely frustrating, especially since other Blizzard games don’t do anything similar.

It seems the bnet client or hots uploader is bugged and can’t save the small patches, so it does the same thing over and over again. But yes I experienced this after I start and close the game in the last days.

1 Like

Not only does Bnet update everygame but replays are also bugged. I got like 20+ games I cant delete now cause I need admin power.

I hope it won’t take a year… Looks like recently a lot of players get same bug, maybe Blizzard will not ignore it now. It’s 137Mb, yeah.

It’s affecting several games. They acknowledged it Friday but it seems like there’s no one in the office over the weekend who can fix it. You can read about it on the less-neglected franchise forums.

3 Likes

It’s better than nothing. Perhaps it might help with future patches and other updates and stuff. We’re definitely due for an official patch download though! I’ve had 2 cycles of Nvdia updates :d

Yes i do! 137mb everytime i play!

FIX THIS BLIZZARD! Your blue post does nothing for a lot of us

At least the replay problem is fixed. Now its just the update problem that need a fix.

5 Likes

Even with all the problems going on with Blizzard I will admit to being a bit surprised we are on day 11 and the patch loop issue has still not been fixed.

5 Likes

These things got patched within hours back when the company was still functional. They also kept everyone updated on the progress of the patch either through launcher or Twitter or forum. There is no way this update loop would have persisted for even a day, let alone two weeks.

Are there even any regular staff and maintenance people left at all? Or do they just need to rent them from outside the house at this point?

It’s painful to see this having been with this company since I was in my early teens.

The update loop issue persisting for multiple weeks would strongly suggest they do not have permanent maintenance staff anymore (you know, the people who are available in various time zones in case things like this happen, so they can fix it around the clock)

2 Likes

Starting to wonder whether the Blizzcon cancellation was a symptom of a larger problem. Like all the competent people actually having left the company, so they can’t fix these technical issues even if they want to, or if they can it will take an extremely long time with the existing rookie employees.

Never in my life did I see these problems persist above 12-24 hours at most.

1 Like

Don’t know about everyone else, but this mess is no longer happening to me since yesterday.

1 Like

The problem is them not wanting extra attention from online protests to Blizzcon, while they’re being sued out of their heads every which way.

Well, not entirely. Many people forget just how glitchy, buggy, and at times completely non-accessible WoW was back in the day. “Maintenance Tuesday” meant you could not play at all for at least 24 hours, sometimes longer, and servers often went down with no warning for hours at a time. Bugs persisted for weeks, and some weird ones exist to this day.

I am not saying I am happy with the current situation, far from it, but it was really a fairly short window of time when games were running smoothly 95%+ of the time.

3 Likes