Hots won't work

Click on the Play, and it says the game is running but doesn’t load up… maybe 5 mins later a loading box appears that implies more loading… eventually, maybe 15 mins later the game opens, screens black and at that point i need to reset my computer to fix it; can’t close it via task manager…

same issue with star craft 2 as well… all other games work fine, not sure what issue my comp has with blizzard…

4 Likes

Having the same issue, directly after the new patch today. I wonder what seems to be happening. I’m gaming on a Mac temporarily, so I thought that was the problem (seeing that nobody games one Macs lol)

I have exactly the same issue after the patch, I’m also playing on mac.

have just done the update minutes ago, game was starting fine just before)
system logs shows that the game signature check failed. :man_facepalming:

Dec 4 23:37:35 MacPro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.blizzard.heartoftheswarm.switcher.22768.5B110274-CD75-4110-8203-27B00672060D[78975]): removing service since it exited with consistent failure - OS_REASON_CODESIGNING | When validating /Applications/Heroes of the Storm/Support/HeroesSwitcher.app/Contents/MacOS/HeroesSwitcher:
The code contains a Team ID, but validating its signature failed.
Please check your system log.
Dec 4 23:37:35 MacPro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.blizzard.heartoftheswarm.switcher.22768.5B110274-CD75-4110-8203-27B00672060D[78975]): Binary is improperly signed.
Dec 4 23:37:36 MacPro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.WebContent.78976): Path not allowed in target domain: type = pid, path = /Library/Apple/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/SafariShared.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.Safari.SearchHelper.xpc error = 147: The specified service did not ship in the requestor’s bundle, origin = /Library/Apple/System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/WebKit.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent.xpc
Dec 4 23:37:59 — last message repeated 2 times —
Dec 4 23:37:59 MacPro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.blizzard.heartoftheswarm.switcher.22768.75D4669F-0774-47A1-90F8-4BC01A88AC38[78980]): removing service since it exited with consistent failure - OS_REASON_CODESIGNING | When validating /Applications/Heroes of the Storm/Support/HeroesSwitcher.app/Contents/MacOS/HeroesSwitcher:
The code contains a Team ID, but validating its signature failed.
Please check your system log.
Dec 4 23:37:59 MacPro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.blizzard.heartoftheswarm.switcher.22768.75D4669F-0774-47A1-90F8-4BC01A88AC38[78980]): Binary is improperly signed.

I have the same issue! I am on a mac as well, the play button lights up, it says it’s trying to launch and then never does. I tried uninstalling and everything.

1 Like

Same here. MacOS 10.14.6

blizzard needs to update the game again to correct …or push a revert
the version incriminated is 2.53.0.83077

1 Like

same. OSX 10.15.4. doesn’t even launches the “connecting to streaming server” window.

Same same. Mac OS X 10.15.7 click play button it greys out and game does not open. This is unacceptable from such an established and respected company.

MacOS 11.0.1 here. The problem is the same.

DISCALIMER: I’m suggesting a way to possibly quick fix this problem, but I can’t and don’t want to be responsible of anything could happen with your application.

I fixed the problem with

codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Heroes\ of\ the\ Storm/Support/HeroesSwitcher.app/Contents/MacOS/HeroesSwitcher

Obviously the application should be correctly signed, but removing the signature stops the error and let the game client start. I have no idea if this is a reversible action, so please be aware. That said reinstalling battlenet would have been a right trade off for me.

Cheers.

Edit: adding more detailed explanation (sorry: I’m a terminal guy for professional reasons and I understimated the difficulty):

• Open Terminal.app (using Spotlight is the quickest way to find and run it)
  • digit codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Heroes\ of\ the\ Storm/Support/HeroesSwitcher.app/Contents/MacOS/HeroesSwitcher and press Enter
  • if it complains about administrative privileges, then use the command sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Heroes\ of\ the\ Storm/Support/HeroesSwitcher.app/Contents/MacOS/HeroesSwitcher (as suggested by @PlayPaused) and press Enter. This command will ask for you user’s password (the one you type to log into MacOS): type it and press Enter (no output will be shown on screen while typing).

In the meantime I’ve noticed that another silent patch to Battle.net client was shipped; I’ve no idea if it is a fix but I’d bet on it.

EDIT2: as per this post

2.53.0.83004 was just pushed and fixes the issue

so do not use the command suggested here but just check for updates for your battle.net client :slight_smile:

7 Likes

BLIZZARD, get your stuff together. What’s up with your consistent problems with Mac computers? This ain’t new, either you are a professional company or you’re a low grade independent game development agency. Either your accept Mac computers or you don’t. Please test stuff in Mac before doing anything, this would save players time and the trouble of having to communicate to report the issues. This is obviously a Mac only issue like all the rest (including the ramp issue on Star Craft Editor). Thanks.

command line is too powerful

Worked for me. Thanks.

PD.

Blizzard come on, man.

Worked for me as well. Thanks a lot.

Same is happening for me. Hit the play button and it fails to launch. I’m playing on a MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15.7

This worked for me too!
Big thx! /salute

Could some one walk me through how to use this work arounds? Is it something you type in the terminal?

1 Like

It’s 100% a code signing issue. From the console logs:
Termination Reason: Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x1

The codesign console command works but you might need to toss a sudo in front of it:

sudo codesign --remove-signature /Applications/Heroes\ of\ the\ Storm/Support/HeroesSwitcher.app/Contents/MacOS/HeroesSwitcher

I’m also very confused about how to use this

Could you simplify that even more for someone who knows zero about computers? like maybe a step by step process?

1 Like