HOTS needs a extra layer of complexity

Where do you think these " most HotS" players" come from?

There are tons of things to know about each map and each hero. This isn’t a 1 map MoBA. Most people struggle to play Towers of doom properly, or figure out which hero they should put in a pilot objective. I can’t blame them because nothing in the game teaches it. But it’s not a simple game. If it was, everyone would get everything.

1 Like

Boom. There is nothing to be scared of people. People THINK this game is super simple, and perception is reality in this case. Since they THINK this game is super simple, why research anything? Why learn anything? What is the point?

Imo compared to the other mobas this one is pretty strict. You can get away a lot more in the other games.

There are bad players in every game. The only difference is the bad players here think there is no reason to improve, since the game “seems” so simple.

From other blizzard games. A ton of players here broke their moba cherry on this game. Such as myself. I played a ton of HOTS games before I decided to try the other mobas on the market.

posted this during beta phase,

you should be grateful, that time the power of fanbois trolls were 10 times more powerful than this.

at the end, you’ll give up just like the rest of us,
Reason is simple, the fanbois are delusional - they always think Blizzard is perfect, and they’ll reject any kind of “change” from source outside Blizzard.

no matter how you argue, they didn’t come here to listen or discuss, they come to your thread to show how they disagree with you even before they read your post.

There is reasons why the forum lack of good suggestions like this, they left :smiley:

2 Likes

Might be some truth to that. Everything is fine they say. Nothing is wrong, no need to change. Who cares this game is failing in EU, has zero streamers, or zero future. :fire:EVERYTHING IS FINE :fire:

1 Like

Reverse the logic. League of Legends player tells me to go play another game if I don’t like 45+ minute games. I come to HotS, now that is one less playing playing LoL, and one more playing HotS.

the reason of losing/growing number of game’s community is not based on trolls saying “if you don’t like the game, go play something else”, or rather there are no official analysis or statistic based on research for that factor.

people swap games because either they no longer interested, or the game fail to provide what they should have provides - which back to point 1, made people not interested.

Watch those who suffer the biggest impact of this game from the cancellation of esport event, it’s the professionals, and for them it’s no joke when one of them literally say “the game is sinking”

However there is not much you can do im afraid, take diablo on phone for instance, it’s giant monument stand as big sign of “Blizzard don’t listen to their community”

So no matter how hard we argue, it’s pointless if none of the developer reading.
The best this game can do is waiting for Blizzard stock to rise again and hopefully getting new developer team that actually work and listen to community

1 Like

the functional distinction between Hots and lol/dota is the appearance of the resource management.

For Dota there are several resources that simple aren’t accessible in the game alongside a drive for personal power — unslain jungle mobs, hard camps, roshan, more ganks, etc etc.

There this sensation if unattained elements that can drive people to think they can get more farm, get more items and so on.

Hots doesn’t have an off-limits resource and it doesnt really have personalized power for everyone — for dota, every hero is supposed to be capable of killing another hero, so the gold system drives imagination to aspire for more where some heroes in Hots wont solo anyone.

So if people want some sort of sense of something similar to dota, then the maps may need hard, but out of the way, camps for more xp/items and maybe tack on some superficial lvl 30 talents to really drive in that “you havent seen my full power yet” sort of things that drives certain audiences

2 Likes

That’s the point I’m trying to make. It sounds ridiculous no matter which way you put it.

1 Like

Well I would not do that unless I was advocating for LOL and not HOTS though. I understand the logic, just not sure how it is relevant.

LOL actually gave into the ADHD crowd and games are much shorter now compared how they was 2 years ago or so.

All you said was not to make a good game, it was only to make a game that you like more.

What I like from League of Legends is that the software outside matches is very light, opens and closes very fast.

And also I like that everything has more range. It is very, very bad that they don’t fix this in HotS. How the space is used in the game, starting by the in-game UI. The team does not allow players to hide it or edit it because they wanted everyone’s game to look the same, this way people would easily identify the game and understand it better when they watch streams and tournaments.

But not only that, also the battles happen in very small areas compared to how much map we can see zoomed out. And the zooming in is just to see the sparkles, again, just to make the game look pretty to new players. Or to make content like machinimas or something and be able to see the heroes zoomed in.

Anyway, LoL battles are more spread and you can click better and see better.

The health bars of the heroes are also so annoying. You can’t hide them, even though they are shown on the top. And the healthbars don’t even let you see the fight, which is already hard to see, and it’s concentrated in a small area.

The team is also afraid of making radical changes, even though they want to, even though they can. It’s like a “better to stay safe than to try and fail” ideology.

The problem with the game is the mental state of the majority of players and how they play the games in long term.

You should have a list of 10 players so that you play with 5, 3 or 2… This way you will get to know each other and how you play.

That’s why you try to look for things to fix. Because you are bored of the game but you can’t leave it. Because you are Soulbound.

You need to make a team and play Hero League. Train in QM.

Stop being solo gamer.

Awful.

I don’t think it’s too much, I feel it’s the right amount.

this is kinda right, and to look at LoL/Dota all these games once or twice had a big update/change.

i actually left the game 2 year ago, played some game because my friend asked me to. then checked the forum for update logs. not all of us are bound to the game, and giving advice/feedback does not mean that person is bound with the game - they just simply being a thinker :smiley:

Stop replying to alt accounts of alt accounts.

3 Likes

I am not? What is wrong with you people. I dont know him, and he does not know me.

No, I meant the one you are replying to is an alt of many alts of a troll who posts nonsense here, you better off not replying to him.

3 Likes

Would it not be better to have the trolls converse among themselves?

That would simply end up with an infinite for loop of replying until the mods come in and stop it.

2 Likes

Be nice and say that people are funny. Don’t try to be mean because you are just causing pain and that pain will cause pain on someone else.

You need an extra layer of sugar.

I didn’t know this game is already dead on EU. Seems pretty alive when i play…

at least now you know why forum here is no place for constructive feedback or discussion.

it’s like starting a discussion on elementary school class room, either you got pointless debate or some kids yelling