Hero Concept: Nozdormu, Aspect of Time

The base concept is this cool Time manipulator/traveler dragon who spends most of his time in his “human” (elf) form and at goes made like most of his fellow brethren (Neltharion/Deathwing and Malygos) somewhere in the future (Murozond).

So he would spend most of his time on the battlefield as an “elf” and would use his dragonform mostly from a different timeline [meaning: his abilities would summon his dragonform for his aid through Time (so it’ll be just visuals, you won’t be able to control his dragonform like you do with DW, or Alex during her DQ, but it’d be shown and seen, way more often than Chromie’s)].

Ranged Tank

Trait/D: Lord of Time

While Nozdormu is alive, enemy Basic Ability cooldowns recharge 10% slower and debuff (CC, antiheal, dmg/armor reduction, blind, etc) durations are reduced by 25% on him.

Q: Bronze Teeth of Time (12 sec)

(Vector targeting.) Nozdormu draws a line and enemies caught in it are stunned for 0.75 sec and slowed by 30% for 1.5 sec after. (Visuals: Time Portal opens at the starting point and his dragon head (and maybe claws) lashes out from it in the targeted direction.)

W: Wounds of the Past (10 sec)

Nozdormu heals back the dmg he took in the last 2 seconds. (Visuals: Time Portal opens above him and his dragonform uses his sandbreath on his humanform from it.)

E: Blinding Sand (8 sec)

Nozdormu blinds a targeted Hero for 1 sec, and slows them by 60% 0.5 sec. (Visuals: Time Portal, SandBreath from the sky.)

R1: It’s not your Time

Nozdormu targets an enemy Hero and silences their Heroic Ability for 5 sec. (Visuals: Nozdormu's dragonform casts a shadow on the targeted Hero and throws sand at them.)

R2: Haunting Future

Nozdormu selects a targeted aera and after a 2 secs delay Heroes who stand within it are silenced and take minor dmg (lasts for 3 sec). (Visuals: Murozond attacks from the sky.)
3 Likes

It’s a great concept, but I’m afraid the whole time dragon thing is already taken by Chromie so they would probably release other dragons like Malygos.

(But I do wish the original time-manipulating dragon they released hots was Nozdormu)

7 Likes

Thanks! I put a lot of thought (2 hours) into this.

It’s true, that Chromie is the first, and that Malygos or other dragons might come ealier. But I think we’ll still get him just. in. time. :sunglasses:

This belongs in hero and skin suggestions

You’re right, but… anything related to the topic?

They already have a time drake, Chromie. But tyou know what they don’t have, an OLD GOD New Hero Idea. C'thun.

Overmind (as a Core-Replacement Hero) with Old God skin or riot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :

4 Likes

I like how he passively increases the cooldowns for enemies, which makes him indirectly harder to kill especially since he’s a ranged tank.

I’m not sure about this heroic because we already have a similar ability in the form of Stukov’s E, in which he can indefinitely channel an area to be a silencing zone.

(First, I forgot about that while I made this. Second:)
There are often base abilitieswith Heroic counterparts and vice-versa.
This is that. Also, it can make ppl be blinded as well as long as they stand in it.
(It’s also a larger aera, but after a delay.)

Nozdormu and the bronze dragonflight have always been my favs. I like your idea for making him a ranged tank as well!

1 Like

That trait is very no bueno, at least the first half.

Everything else looks great, but one of the most important things you have to remember when making a new hero concept is you have to be extremely careful with any passive effects that affects other players, especially the enemy team. An 11.11% increase in cooldown timers will have a lot more impact than you might think, and it will certainly be very frustrating to players who have gotten tuned to their hero’s normal cooldowns.

I think it could work well as an activatable, but as a passive, especially one that seems to be map-wide and is active as long as Noz is alive, would be a bit insane.

2 Likes

I just have a tendency to analyze the hero proposal’s abilities/talents and find existing abilities/talents that are too similar to the ones in the hero proposal.

As a result of my habit, this suggestion would make it similar to Deckard’s Lvl 20 Respect the Elderly.

Dragon form should be two words not one

I kinda checked how this would interact with the Heroes. It would just make spamming abilities slightly less spammy. Like Chromie’s 3 sec Q? 3.3 sec now. Not much.

But yea, it being a global passive might be too strong, but it can be just a big aura or an activable. I just liked the concept of interacting with the cooldowns negatively for a change. I don’t think it’s worse than being silenced, and the increase is really tiny. Concerns noted tho.

I know, but it’s still a bit different. Like how stun and stun ca be different.

2 Likes

That is really neat, I would love to see Nozdormu in the Nexus, well, all the dragon aspects, honestly. I would suggest making his trait an aura with a fixed range, or if it is a large range, maybe as a heroic with a fixed duration instead of the Stukov puddle of woe.

2 Likes

At first, I wanted to make that his Heroic, but as I went deeper into his kit, I realised it being tuned down as a trait is better.
And as I said, making it not global or an activable is a fair change :smiley:

I’m more worried about longer abilities like Stitches’ Devour, which would see a 2.2 second cooldown increase, which on Stitches can feel like forever.

Oh, I totally agree, I’ve wanted to see something like that for a while.

In my Karax concept, I gave him a talent that allowed him to reverese Chrono Boost enemies (Chrono Boost increases the speed of all attributes by 10% for 6 seconds, longer if they remain in proximity to Karax, so that talent would slow all attributes by 10%).

I just don’t think a global passive is gonna fly, no dragon pun intended.

2 Likes

I also considered a flat number, like extra 0.5 sec on every base ability cd.

I don’t have a hob as a balance maker, so I give it to the actual devs how they do this (or not), but agree, that more limitations (range, cd) are welcomed.

I’d love to see a global time-stop ult at some point. Don’t know if it’d fit Noz, but stopping time for everything on the map for like 3 seconds would be cool, especially if as a level twenty it could be reactivated to actually rewind time.

No idea if that would be even remotely balanced though, let alone feasible to code.

“At the drawing board” I was thinking about that as well. Basically a Consume Soul just with TimeStop.
But it’d be too powerful if he’d hit only the enemies, imo that’d be the best most broken Heroic ever. Or if he’d globally TimeStop everyone but himself… I don’t see the point. At least, not as a Tank. Not much.

But the concept is cool.

A global rewind, even a targeted Recall would be too problematic probably.