[HC] Broll Bearmantle

So Rehgar, Varian, Valeera… I think it’s safe to say we’ll be seeing Broll at some point.

Let’s start by framing the premise of his character. I don’t think it would be proper for him to be the “WoW druid”. Shifting to every form would convolute his character into oblivion and would make his playstyle ridiculous. Only having bear-form goes with the theme of his name, his image, and his early lore. Similar to how Thrall and Rehgar share the shaman role, Malfurion and Broll should share the druid role. All this being said, I think he is much better suited as the “WC3 rep” for druid of the claw.

As far as building his character, I think it makes sense to model him similar to Greymane, where ‘E’ does the shapeshifting, each form has a different ultimate, and his passive trait is double-sided. Where it gets a little tricky is that he should clearly be a warrior/support multi-class. I feel this should be done in a way that allows for a fluid feel of hybrid duality, rather than constricting the player into choosing one of two roles. So anyways, here we go…

Night Elf form:
Ysera’s Gift (passive) - Heals both Broll and the lowest health nearby ally for 125 damage every 3 seconds. The effect is halved for Broll and doubled for the ally when Broll is above 75% health
Sunfire (Q) - A quick beam of solar light burns the enemy for 70 damage with an additional 210 damage over 10 sec
IronBark (W) - The target’s skin becomes as tough as Ironwood, reducing all damage taken by 10% for 8 seconds. The effect is stackable and IronBark has 3 charges.
Inner Rage (E) - Shapeshift into bear form, generating rage and letting out a roar that gives all allies 20% move speed for 3 seconds
Ursol’s Vortex (R ) - Conjures a vortex of wind for 8 seconds in a medium to large sized area, reducing the movement speed of all enemies within by 50%. The first enemy that attempts to leave the vortex will be pulled back to its center, stunned for 2 seconds, and dealt 400 damage

Bear Form:
Broll utilizes a rage mechanic while in this form. Mana regenerates slower than normal and is not useable until switching back. Conversely, rage accumulates slower in Night Elf form. Both resource bars are visible in both forms.

Thick Skin (passive) - All damage dealt to Broll is reduced by 40%
Skull Bash (Q) - Charge and bash the target’s skull, stunning them for 0.75 seconds and dealing 100 damage
Demoralizing Roar (W) - Lets out a deafening roar, increasing all damage dealt to enemies by 25%
Outward Serenity (E) - Shapeshift into night elf form, becoming immune to movement impairing effects for 3 seconds and regenerating health/mana slightly more than a regen globe
Protector of the Pack (R ) - Thrash all nearby enemies for 100 bleed damage over 6 seconds. As long as an enemy hero is bleeding, the cooldown of this ability is reduced to 2.5 seconds, Broll’s movement speed is increased by 25%, and 25% of all damage dealt to ally heroes is redirected to Broll

1 Like