Broll Bearmantle - Multiclass

The multiclass role in HoTS is a great idea. So why is there only one character with this option when you have Broll Bearmantle? Broll was introduced in the comics and made his way into WoW and I believe it’s time for him to make his appearance in the Nexus.
His trait would be what makes the druid so versatile; Shapeshift. Upon activation, which has a 10s CD, he switches from either cat to bear, or vice versa, and removes all slowing effects. Cat form would use energy like Valeera, move faster and do more damage, and bear would use rage much like Sonya, and have more health/health regen. His abilities do essentially the same whatever form he’s in but with damage output. For example, his Q ability would be rake/thrash. While in cat form, it does higher damage and apply a small DoT, but in bear form, it would cleave. W would be Faerie Fire, a more supportive ability, that lowers armor and shows vision of an enemy as well as negating stealth. In both forms the ability is the same but perhaps bear would lower the armor further. E would be pounce/charge. While in cat form, you leap toward your target from a medium distance and slow and damage the enemy. In bear form, you would charge an enemy and damage as well as stun the target. The heroics are a bit trickier. While the first Heroic would be Frenzied Regeneration/Berserk which function much like they do in WoW in that Regen would heal Broll in bearform and Berserk would remove the costs of abilities in catform, I have no idea what the alternate heroic would be.
Thanks for reading and feel free to comment your thoughts, I’d love to read what you have to say.

P.S. We need a Gnome hero

1 Like

Actually it is not, which is why there is only 1 hero for it. Varian will likely be reclassified when the major reclassification goes live.

As it is Varian needed a major talent overhaul and even now he is not without his problems due to the functionality.

1 Like

Poor execution perhaps. A character that can provide different roles tho, sounds like a great idea.

My concept of Broll has him as a tank/healer, but at the same time, there’s no “choosing a path”. He can swap between Night Elf and Bear forms at will, just like Greymane with his 2 forms.

edit: in fact, I’m going to repost my concept since it’s been lost in the old forums:

I’d love to see Broll Bearmantle, or any druid that could shapeshift, like in WoW.

We already have a support druid, though, so I’d suggest him being able to shapeshift to bear and cat, but specializing into one of them.

He doesn’t need to be multiclass (since that brings some issues), but the bear would do more sustained damage and have more survivability, while the cat would have higher burst and mobility. Both could play as assassins, I believe.

There are endless options to explore.

1 Like