Forcing 50% winrate

Hey friend, I did already. Actually I climbed from silver 4 to gold 2 in 1 season with steady 70% winrate. So yeah, if you are good, you can do it.

I’m also watching a GM playing in another smurf and he got placed bronze 5 on purpose just to see how fast he would climb. Well, not even 1 week and he is already mid silver with almost no losses.

1 Like

Sunflame is telling the truth. Anyone who plays enough HotS knows this to be true.

Ook…im agree and admin we can climb up ,but ONLY when i play with these already added friends,wich are too in Bronze,but play like Masters.
I did try in all seasons!
I ve played over 2800 ranked games, i coundnt climb up!
Problem is …i cant play with theae my added friends often!
Ex month i played with such so good so good friends and we climb up 3 Bronze devisions. And when i again sign up alone,i drop again to the Bronze 4!
In Bronze league exist and so good players,but you cant often be match with them.
Btw i did stop play,until Blizzard devs…complate my best ideas in future patches.
These ideas…

With these over 20 ideas…the game be a lot better and improved!.
I guarantee to whole player base,with this game version…the game will work alot better than this current version .

Thats the key FIresoup, enough games. Alot of the posters that are Master and post in the forced 50 threads play their 10 to 20 games a season so its impossible for them to ever experience forced 50. They started the game early, abused the ranking system by not playing enough games, were given master and are probably the same master players that GMs complain about losing games because they don’t belong there. I made a second account to try and abuse the same way, I have a 21 and 8 silver account that I am not gonna play anymore this season. Next season, I will hopefully win another 9 to 10 games of placements, get my winrate up, and place gold, then repeat the next season, get plat, and so on.

It isn’t.
getting bad matches is not something that the mm does internationally

this is the favoring arrangement in Forced 50% i am talking about in other thread

I had never heard of this forced winrate thing but it’s an interesting theory. I just finished with this game for good after a couple week run and I have been thinking about it and reading around trying figure out what was wrong. Something felt so off.

It started off good. I was playing well and there were many good balanced matches. I got mvp half my wins. My ranked winrate was in the 70’s and I was close to gold. I expected the winrate to drop, but I didn’t expect it to dive.

Suddenly I started getting matched with serious trolls and/or terrible players. I would get streaks with players that would seemingly intentionally botch the draft. I would never get a balanced first pick matchup anymore. 3-4 assasin with no tank or healer was the norm and then infighting began or people were forced to pick heroes they sucked with. The skill level/coordination of my teams also just tanked. When the game threw me a win once in a while it was a total no challenge blowout. It seriously felt like the game decided I’d had enough winning.

I played a lot of lol over like 5 years and the matchmaking was like night and day difference from this. It was so much better in lol that the quality matches kept me coming back way past the point when I had been saying I’d finally put the game down. Probably the lack of impact a player can have in hots also plays a role in that… it’s quite demoralizing when the game doesn’t properly reward at least your own successful efforts (other than certain champs broken on certain maps). There’s some design flaws, some of which I can’t quite put my finger on, that lead to matches (and duels/skirmishes) feeling less rewarding in hots, whether they be wins or losses.

While there’s probably some crooked algortithm at work in hots, I also think the problem is due to the small playerbase. I’d regularly get matched with people I’ve played with before… even trolls I tried to block that either cussed people out or intentionally threw the game. This almost never happened in lol. Why blizzard doesn’t even give players the agency to avoid toxic players is another issue in itself and I resented being forced to play on the same team again as proven hateful trolls.

Anyway, there’s something off with this game on a few different levels. Didn’t even feel like a blizzard game tbh.

LOL… you’re really struggling with the math here.

Once you get to your TRUE SKILL RATING, you’ll be mainly be playing against players of the skill level and will win 50% of those games.

If 10 players of the same skill level play against each other for 1000 games, all 10 of them will win about 50% of their games… whether they’re all in Bronze or Diamond.

Maths iz hard!

1 Like

The conspiracy theory that has plagued these forums since 2015 (if not earlier).

Tldr its not forced its enforced

They replied. They dont have a forced 50% winrate.
But they try to make matches as balanced as possible.
I can tell you one thing.

If I have a 60% winrate. The game will compromise me with a 40% winrate player.

Same with mmr
If I have a mmr of 3000 but are in plat (2500)
The game gives me a plat player of 2000 mmr. Or 2 players with the mmr of 2250 so the average is 2500

So yeah. In order to win. You need to carry.
If you are succesfull its not only becauss the rank gets higher. No its because you get dumb carried teammates

1 Like

This has been a thing since forever. The only way to go around it is by doing a 5-man. Even with a 4-man, that one player will set you back by AFKing or playing some ridiculous hero with no synergy or countering involved. The only reason some people believe they can “debunk” it, is because they’re usually playing with a full group of friends.

Yes of course, that is why i got a 27 wins in a row a few months ago, well above 50% winrate at all times, especially with my top heroes, you people keep blaming the system instead of yourself, that is the path upwards yes.

I’ve won plenty of games with an AI team mate, even 2 once or twice, it’s definitely not you. Don’t even bother watching your own replays how you could of won the game.

This is still a thing, after having a nice Winstreak, suddenly i get the most AFK people ever few games in a row.

They are this high cause they are using premade, If you solo que, you can and will be forced to have a 50% win rate?

2x post 4 months later and 3 post 5 months later and thread is from april 2019 so that’s actually 1 year later :sob:

The issue with some peopleis that once we hit 50% winrate, we consistently get paired with people that don’t or refuse to do their jobs. I’m a healer 95% of the time, and when my team plays well together and focuses objectives i tend to win easily with a modicum of effort from everyone. Once i get over 50 I consistently get paired with that ONE non-communicative player that doesnt focus objectives, does their own thing, or simply stays in one lane, as if they’re not real people, which gets people frustrated (with me of all people cuz i’m the healer and i somehow am responsible for the lack of an actual player). I understand these guys need somewhere to play as there aren’t hundreds of people online at any given moment with their skill level but still… playing a game like HOTS isn’t hard. People should be held accountable, or at the very least if there’s an issue with a player there should be a temporary thing in place to keep you from playing with that player for a certain amount of time. I mean the only way to stop the “forced 50/50 winrate” is to play with 4 friends. I play HOTS, do i look like i have 4 friends. :laughing:

It’s not to say i wouldn’t lose anyways, nor do i doubt the other teams skill. But it’s always that ONE player that makes it so easy

hey if your team comp can win a 4v5 on objective more power to you man.

Been playing for a while (only QMs because there aren’t enough players for ranked) and it’s unreal how bad the matchmaking is in this game. 99% of my matches are a stomp for either side, to the point that there are people with more than 1 death per minute. Terrible experience.

How bad people are at playing this game is not the matchmakers fault. How can a matchmaker even find out how good you are anyway with the data its coded to use.