Forcing 50% winrate

Why is this a thing?
I constantly get matched in matched that make no sense, either their comb is full counter ours, or someone goes AFK?
And for people who say its my fault…
How is my fault to get an AFK person 5 times in a row, how is my fault to get a trash comb, once or twice is a coincidence, but 5 times in a row its not.

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

24 Likes

I see the same, 50% winrate is forced, if the system sees you perform well it puts a lot of garbage players in your team to keep your 50% winrate, which i see unfair. It should be balanced, between the teams and not forcing you with regularly afk or feeder players…

20 Likes

There are plenty of non-smurf profiles with thousands of games and 58-62% win ratio against humans. (Mostly masters and GM’s) This entire theory has been bunked years ago.

Nobody is forcing you to lose a certain amount of games. Even games where your team average MMR is lower are winnable if you are significantly better than enemy players (at making decisions, at controlling your hero, at not dying without purpose etc.)

If your win ratio is 50,0% or close to it, you are at the exact rank you are supposed to be in. Not everyone’s skill cap is Grand Master #1.

4 Likes

If there is a 50% forced winrate, how can there be people that have a significant sub 50% winrate? Or above?

Answer: This is not even a question, as the presumption there would be such a thing is already wrong.

11 Likes

How should Blizz know who’ll go afk?
And do you really think the MM can create combos and utilise synergies of random Heroes?
Do you think the “forced” winrate works overall or it works independently for every pvp gamemode? Because I’m far above from 50% in ranked.
The afks are not your fault but if you have 50% wr that is only on you on the long run.

6 Likes

Only a few players are chosen by Blizzard and these players will be monitored constantly. Special agents from Blizzard will manually create matches for you (they use very complicated math to predict the outcome of a match) so you win exactly 50% of the matches.
All other players who are not chosen for that program can get whatever win-rate they get and these players will be used to influence the outcome of matches from these chosen players.
Now you now the truth. It’s sad that it absolutely doesn’t matter how well you play if you are one of these chosen players. You can basically be afk every match and still win 50% of your matches.

Please show screenshot with your winrate.

2 Likes

Because, believe it or not, there are people who believe in it. That’s the only reason it exists.

3 Likes

My over 2800 ranked games sence when start this system (over 2 years),speak itself. I even cant get out from this Bronze hell !
Otherwise i play so well in my all high % of games. Or i was like " teacher of.many Bronze players"… and now i stop play for long time. Ill back when Blizzard HoTS devs re work almost whole game and this trash avarage 50 % win rate system.
If game is like.my version…

Then …the game a lot better…until you Blizzard HoTS devs ,not add all my ideas. Forget i log in game!!
To be honest…i will log in so rare times.

2 Likes

Hate to tell you that but you’re probably bronze material. If you are really better than Bronze players you should easily just body everyone with any good hero + better decisions and climb fast.

6 Likes

Why can others rank up from Bronze but you can’t?
Lolol do you believe the things you write here yourself? xD

8 Likes

Are you talking about QM?

1 Like

Because Blizzard is bullying only him to force him to stay on bronze rank :sob:

2 Likes

I’ve taken a trip in Bronze in the past. And to be fair, the amount of trolls and afk there add a lot of luck to getting out. Even if you’re skilled.

2 Likes

Wish it gonnna kick in soon i have less than 50% right now. /s

1 Like

Pure delusion. Why would blizzard force you to lose? How could they force you to lose? Unless you believe some tinfoil hat conspiracy like “the report system exists to find players to force you to lose” because clearly blizzard’s goal is to make you quit the game and not give them any money

3 Likes

You know what’s funny?
How can the MM work so effectively to match various players with Good/Bad players to force them to stay around 50% winrate but the MM can’t EFFECTIVELY throw these “bad players” straight into bronze?

3 Likes

Blizz should sell this system to CIA, FBI, NSA, FSB, Mossad and so forth if it works! Imagine having system with total surveillance that can even predict into future when somebody is going to throw or AFK. Blizz has created the most advanced system in human history for this to work!

2 Likes

Its not always the exact rank because especialy at lower ranks, the skill balance often goes bad. Its what called MMR Hell. For masters the problem isnt realy there as they generaly dont involve a lot of AFKers, smurfs and trolls. So thats why for them it feels balanced.

MMR hell is the effect that is caused because players with equal MMR vary that much in skill that no match becomes truly balanced, and its caused by rapidly changing MMR values together with a very low playcount

I can imagine the matchmaker counter balancing this by also looking at the direction in which the MMR is changing and slightly balancing it out. So a 1000->1400 player is considered 1200, and a 1000->600 player would be 800. Or a 1300->900 player is considered 1100.

But thats where a problem starts. Quickly changing MMRs show a part thats unreliable. And trying to compensate that is a bad thing to do. A repeatedly losing player should not be granted some safety. He simply should drop as fast as the game tells. If he is better he will just rise again.
And he might bump between 1300 and 900 that way. But so be it. For the 1200-1500 player, he might sometimes see this player and lose in that match and get even lower MMR, but at that point he can carry a lot better and easily rise out of it again.

The problem can also be that the 1200-1500 player is kept down because he often noticed those who bump between 1500-1800, but at least this can show that a player is truly a weak link. Rather than creating some sort of artificial balancing that dumps 1 high and 4 low MMRs towards 5 balanced ones.

And even then, those masters who get 60% win rates do actualy show that there is an issue, since even with their rank… why isnt it 50%? With 500 games, reaching 60% means you won 100 more games than what you lost. And although thats a quite significant number, it can be explained:
Its because they had to fight themselves out of diamond and they clearly won more there than they lost, and 100 games is simply the treshold needed to win enough to get bumped to their actual rank. After 1000 games they should balance out towards 55% again.

The only people who should be able to get out of the 50% rate are those at bronze 5 and top 100 GM. As these dont see any players more excessive than themselve.

Hence, i think only the last 200 games are reliable to be used as win rate if someone had more than 500 games. And i think most masters also face a 50% winrate there.

50% win rate is forced because thats how a good MMR system should work. And off cases are only there because of the season start dumping many skill levels together.

Stating that someone belongs at a certain rank isnt always simply true. there are too many factors going around, and only if you can ensure players are reliable enough to be measured, then you can truly say it works as intended.
Those 10 games per season players are a perfect example of incorrectly measured players. They dont play enough for it.

6 Likes

it’s stupid to discuss “forced 50%” or even any kind of MMR in a team game such as this

it’s not a perfect system and it has many factors that work against it

you might have a much higher win % before you place where you belong and start playing with equally skilled players, but if you win half of the games at master, you are still better player than 90% of the population

same with grand masters, no problem with 50% if they maintain it playing each other at the top of ladder, but if they significantly underperform with weaker players, there could be a problem

Well, it’s possible in theory. If they really want you to lose, they could for example pair you with players who all have a very low win rate on the map you’re playing, or players who have a higher % of being afk.

They could even pair a bunch of tank mains or assassin mains together if they want the majority of the team to be on their least successful role.

Not that I think that’s what’s happening. Though I did notice a correlation between how good your allies are, and how many games you win in a row.