Forcing 50% winrate

The conspiracy theory that has plagued these forums since 2015 (if not earlier).

Tldr its not forced its enforced

They replied. They dont have a forced 50% winrate.
But they try to make matches as balanced as possible.
I can tell you one thing.

If I have a 60% winrate. The game will compromise me with a 40% winrate player.

Same with mmr
If I have a mmr of 3000 but are in plat (2500)
The game gives me a plat player of 2000 mmr. Or 2 players with the mmr of 2250 so the average is 2500

So yeah. In order to win. You need to carry.
If you are succesfull its not only becauss the rank gets higher. No its because you get dumb carried teammates

1 Like

This has been a thing since forever. The only way to go around it is by doing a 5-man. Even with a 4-man, that one player will set you back by AFKing or playing some ridiculous hero with no synergy or countering involved. The only reason some people believe they can “debunk” it, is because they’re usually playing with a full group of friends.

Yes of course, that is why i got a 27 wins in a row a few months ago, well above 50% winrate at all times, especially with my top heroes, you people keep blaming the system instead of yourself, that is the path upwards yes.

I’ve won plenty of games with an AI team mate, even 2 once or twice, it’s definitely not you. Don’t even bother watching your own replays how you could of won the game.

This is still a thing, after having a nice Winstreak, suddenly i get the most AFK people ever few games in a row.

They are this high cause they are using premade, If you solo que, you can and will be forced to have a 50% win rate?

2x post 4 months later and 3 post 5 months later and thread is from april 2019 so that’s actually 1 year later :sob:

The issue with some peopleis that once we hit 50% winrate, we consistently get paired with people that don’t or refuse to do their jobs. I’m a healer 95% of the time, and when my team plays well together and focuses objectives i tend to win easily with a modicum of effort from everyone. Once i get over 50 I consistently get paired with that ONE non-communicative player that doesnt focus objectives, does their own thing, or simply stays in one lane, as if they’re not real people, which gets people frustrated (with me of all people cuz i’m the healer and i somehow am responsible for the lack of an actual player). I understand these guys need somewhere to play as there aren’t hundreds of people online at any given moment with their skill level but still… playing a game like HOTS isn’t hard. People should be held accountable, or at the very least if there’s an issue with a player there should be a temporary thing in place to keep you from playing with that player for a certain amount of time. I mean the only way to stop the “forced 50/50 winrate” is to play with 4 friends. I play HOTS, do i look like i have 4 friends. :laughing:

It’s not to say i wouldn’t lose anyways, nor do i doubt the other teams skill. But it’s always that ONE player that makes it so easy

hey if your team comp can win a 4v5 on objective more power to you man.

Been playing for a while (only QMs because there aren’t enough players for ranked) and it’s unreal how bad the matchmaking is in this game. 99% of my matches are a stomp for either side, to the point that there are people with more than 1 death per minute. Terrible experience.

How bad people are at playing this game is not the matchmakers fault. How can a matchmaker even find out how good you are anyway with the data its coded to use.

h ttps://imgur.com/a/ppJIayZ

here is a picture of my expected and actual performance in Halo Infinite, a game that uses a very similar matchmaking system to HotS. graphs and everything.

you think these devs don’t have this down to a pinpoint science?

So you think everytime you lose its always some robot that are coded to make you lose ?

Or maybe it was cause you actually lost cause the other team was just better then yours.

There are no code that are build to make specific players lose just because they won alot then puts him on a 10 lose steak right after.

Name me a reason why a million $ company want to build a code that force you to lose just because you above some winrate threshold. It makes zero sense to do that.

If this was true then I would not be sitting on 55% winrate right now this season as a solo player as I do now.

You just happen to noties your loses more then your 5 steak win you just had before it happend.

The matchmaker dont just automaticly says ‘oh he just won his 5 match then its time to make him lose 5 now by giving him noobs and brain rot players’’

Players are bad cause they happen to be bad but they play in the same mmr as you.

Nothing matchmaker can do about.

Saying that this game has an algorithm that checks how you play and then match those with people who won alot is an absurd opinion to have. I dont think Blizzard is that advance.

No idea why so many here think that they belong in the high end of the winrate if they cant even climb that high anyway. If you cant climb any higher then its cause you belong there. Not some code that force you to stay down.

But I guess everyone who disagree think they all should have 90% winrate even while playing like trash.

2 Likes

It’s less that 'devs have it down to a science" and more so that players are ignorant, low-skilled, and refuse to improve.

The initial starting point for anyone is that they start off not knowing things, but at some point, people rationalize themselves away with the basic pattern on how to improve. “Skills”, or rather becoming ‘skilled’ is something that is ‘down to a science’, but the scientifically illiterate would rather complain than consider that the whole gimmick of a ‘science’ is repeating the same variables to then get the some outcome. Instead of getting better, they just complain more; they convince themselves a game is rigged, don’t learn the rules, and rile themselves in misery from one activity to the next.

Wow, four years later… Of course this would be an irresistible “problem” for someone to rez. I’m curious now, what thread has the longest Necro?

1 Like

Hehe, Xen always knows the answers, ta!

I don’t always know stuff. What I do know is how to find close-enoughs to look like it :stuck_out_tongue:

:cue drcox_scrubsquotes

2 Likes

If Cath was here she would spin.

1 Like