Force low levels to play vs AI until certain level

Force new accounts to be blocked out from quickplay until level 10 or 15. Thanks

(aka low levels only ARAMs and vs AI first)

2 Likes

Versus AI teaches players to push one lane until they win, which generally doesn’t work in PVP. I already play with enough account level 1000+ players who don’t seem to have any understanding of the basic game concepts.

6 Likes

I agree. This is very good so they can play on all maps we have and learn how they work.

What I mean is just get total basic grounds understanding of the game, just any, cause getting a level 0 or 1 in your QP isn’t anything nice, either playing with or against them is just plain counter productive.

1 Like

And ruin the game. No, declined.

1 Like

And what if this means that 90% of the new players quit because they don’t want to be forced against AI?

4 Likes

This doesn’t happen. League has it and it doesn’t hurt the game at all.

We also know that most new accounts are smurfs, so this might even disencourage smurfing, while true new players usually go against AI anyway cause they want to learn the game.

2 Likes

Someone who didn’t even play all maps at least once should never be in human matches (and that 1 time will not give them enough experience anyway).

I played AI for a good month or two before even considering quick matches.

1 Like

Since when? When I tried league there was no such thing.

And League is already so massive that few things could hurt it. They can do things others can’t because it’s on a completely different scale.

Kinda weird coming from a smurfer. It might help a little, but probably not much. Those smurfers would know how to most effectively win and get max exp out of matches. Just pick the most cheesiest thing and win quick.

Do we now? I didn’t get that memo I guess.

I really don’t think this is true. Few people I know would EVER EVER EVER touch vs AI regardless of the circumstances.

That’s just like, your opinion, man.

VS AI teaches almost nothing except the basics of a hero. And it’s easy to learn such basics by going into Try Mode real quick. Or checking a video. Or a guide. Or asking a friend.

They just play on maps, I’m skeptical about the learning thing.

1 Like

vs ai? well yea i played at the beginning i think 2 months, and when i “found” qm and ranked i was like sht…you learn the basic of the game vs ai (this is my first moba game) but when you’ll face real players you’ll die in 2-3 min pvp, even if you try to stay solo lane they will chase you…i play heroes for 1 year and i’ve seen that most of the “feeders” are actually kids trying do be “rambo”

Why on Earth would anyone play their first match in QM? That shouldn’t even be an option.

I’m glad the client has AI as the default mode when the player logs in, but they should be forced to at least complete a tutorial or a few AI matches before the QM button is even unlocked.

Someone who has never played HotS before is going to ruin a QM game by jumping straight into it.
They will have no idea about soaking, what objectives on each map do, how to position etc.

1 Like
  1. Fix AI first
  2. No
1 Like

If it is for a low enough level account i can agree.
Can’t be too much as vs AI does teach bad habits. Well Qm does too though.

Hopefully the matchmaker would put new players together with other new players and bronzelords.

There are bronzelords out there with thousands of games who would be worse than an average player coming to this game for the first time.

Also, it’s also just because vs AI IS BLOODY BORING. (to some people anyway)

Some people would rather not play this game than be forced to play 50~ matches of VS AI. I reckon that’s actually a majority of people.

I know I wouldn’t bother with this game if I was forced to play vs AI in the beginning.

Idk, when I started playing it a couple months ago I could only play AI for a few levels.

What?

If it helps a bit, good. We change some things here that helps a bit, some things there that helps a bit, another things on another playce that helps a bit, and now we have a big layer of protection against smurfing/discourage smurfing.

So good change.

Yes, from playing a lot of QM, most of the time those really low level accounts have master gameplay.

This change would help those true new accounts though, since they also get matched with really really high mmr people and get destroyed. So good change.

I never knew anyone in my life that would not play a little bit against AI or went into practice mode before going into actual pvp.

But well, if you say people do that all the time, then I believe you. I also believe that league players are indeed better than hots players now, since most of them stick to AI for a long time when trying to learn new things or are new to the game.

Guess we know the truth now :man_shrugging:

At least they can learn how the objective works on the map etc.

The AI is that stupid, you realy dont learn anything except how to use basic abilities and combined those a bit. Things you can even learn from watching a youtube video, or having played other moba’s. And since this game is already having a low player count. You realy dont want to hinder those players at joining this game.

For tactics, the only thing you learn is that on hanamura you need to go for the boss camps because otherwise the AI will take them. Outside of that you brawl the entire round.

For some players being forced to play versus the AI is torture.

It’s like… one or two games. Not the amount it would take to hit level 15.

And I don’t get why LoL does it anyway.

Yeah, but since leveling is way faster in hots (1 game can give you 1-2 levels, sometimes even 3 on a level 1 hero), level 10-15 AI only would be like 5-10 games max, which would give enough time to learn a bit about a couple heroes, how the game works and even some different maps.

Oh, my apologies. I remembered wrong based on this thread:

You never said straight up that you were smurfing, but since you were so pro-smurfing, so did I remember it as if you said you were also a smurfer.

My bad.

I can only comment that your region must suck if it’s such a common thing to have super low levels in your matches so often. Assuming your main isn’t relatively low either.
When I get super lows in my games, it’s either because it’s ARAM or because the super lows are queued with somebody high level. Or rarely they’re just super lows, but I was queueing at 4 AM on a normal workday.
And well, who knows, maybe your region is also way more smurfeous than other regions. I wouldn’t know, just throwing that possibility out there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well you got one right here. And I know my irl friends and some other friends wouldn’t either.
Although not like this matter. Doesn’t prove anything that I say this, likewise for you.

I also got a friend who only plays a few matches of this game every 2-3 months or so. Yet despite how he seldomly plays and should obviously be rusty/unfamiliar with changes or the meta or whatever, he exclusively plays nothing but SL.

(Despite how seldomly he plays, he still manages to stick around Platinum)