First they came

I was never a Syl player. But she seemed to be way more bursty before her rework. I did play burst Nova before her rework(like 3 years ago) and really didn’t like the change.

Not really burst at all as of where she stands right now, it was more of sustained damage with her Q and dagger.

She can reach burst levels but mostly for single targets, but like most heroes she’s hard to master to get its full potential in which it can be sleeper OP that no one bats an eye on right now.

There’s build that makes her deal 4.5k just by throwing everything out on a 3 stacks cursed target in less than 2 seconds past 20.

1 Like

Ah man, later on you maybe agree with these changes. I sure liked a lot to play with him, but beside the goblin ult and the turrets, was kinda hard to fit him into the comps. While he could push a lane strongly and do a good defense, sometimes we, with him, couldnt do anything. He would die anyway, we even had any healing and if compare him to another assassins, ranged ones sure gonna be better, for me, it’s the more powerful role on the game, sad the way it is.
Now the explodium helps a lot more in my opinion, i say it’s fair to play against gaz too. Also, no spending mana is cool and much more helpful while you can recover health hitting the laser on minions :slight_smile:

Welcome into the club of people, who lost their mains.

Yeah :frowning: the only ones I really noticed were Nova(like 3 years ago) and Tassadar who I thought became better, but not nearly as fun.

I regret not complaining for them and feel like an idiot for not realizing what they went through. To find a character that you really enjoyed, played for thousands of hours and have the developers remove and replace their beloved characters with an imposter really hurts.

2 Likes

Yep.

Sorry Sadius :frowning: I regret that I wasn’t around to at least complain against the rework :frowning:

In general I really disagree with the reworks that completely change a character (yes, I realized it way too late).

First they came for stealth heroes and i complained they gutted nova because even though i did not play her it was unfair.

Then they went from chromie and even though i do not play her i knew it was a bad descision and could lead to worse down the line.

Then they went for master skins and Qm forced comps and even though i play tank and care little i cared for the health of the game i like.

You idiots who only care about things only when they impact you are the worst.
Don’t seek sympathy.

More of a realization and apology for not paying attention to the people it affected before. I realize gaz won’t be changed back, but I will still continue to complain. This was really more to acknowledege/apologize to the people who went through the same thing and I didn’t at least jump into the forums to complain. Hopefully they won’t completely change any other chacters. If they want something, they can bring in a new chacter. My only real hope is that they will at least think about how unhappy the people were that love their characters, and not cause so much heartache.

3 Likes

Hey, I disliked WM’s rework, because my friend got affected by it a lot.
I kinda felt Tyrande’s rework too.

Jesus the quality of the forums really decreased
No explanation what he doesnt like and what he misses, just whining

They turned a hero with a 0% pickrate with no meaning into the draft into a decent hero, its not perfect yet but yet

8 Likes

I’ve explained elsewhere. Basically they removed a unique strategic character and added yet another bruiser, because if you don’t like the other 15 options you now have another flavor. However, the option for strategic character is gone forever. The character with one of the consistently highest win rate and one of the highest skill caps is gone because few players could play him well, and no character should require players to actually think. If you think he was worthless, you were playing him wrong. I’m old and slow and still had a 63% winrate with him in Masters, I can’t stutterstep or hit skillshots like the pros, but I can sure as hell outplay them strategically. Now the only character that let me capitalize on that way of playing is gone. The only character that I and few others thought was a lot of fun to play, regardless of winrate is gone. Now all you low skill players can be decent with him, but greatness is gone.

What is stopping you from doing the same you did with old Gaz with thr new reworked one. He still has most of his kit. Just a lot of his talents that no one used were removed and made better.

(In Masters only:)
He was 21th in the patch before his rework with 4% popularity and a nonexistent banrate.
12th before that with 3% pop.
35th before that with 3% pop.
86th with 2% pop before that.
79th with 1% pop before that.
21th with 2% pop.
81th with 3% pop.

If I check all his masters stats before rework:
52th with a pop of 3%.

And he saw one of the least proplay.

So barely anyone played him, basically just his most dedicated players yet they still weren’t able to put him to the niche gods like:

• Kerrigan: 2th with 8% pop
  • Samuro: 4th with 16% pop
  • Butcher: 6th with 5% pop
  • Probius: 14th with 2% pop
1 Like

Also more trolls the past 2 months so ye.

The laser is no 1/4 the previous range ,it can’t turn and it can’t be held (goes off in 2 seconds if you want it to or not). I would often hide, wait for players to retreat from my teammates and kill them when they turned to run. At 20 I could 1 shot 20% of the characters in the game, and zone out ~95% of them completely. I consistently(> or ~ 50%) did more hero damage than any other player in the game.

So his old laser is gone, so are ALL of his talents that allowed him to be great.

1 Like

I only played him in ARAMs as i did not bother to play him elsewhere, now i´m not even playing him there.

Seeing that laser go from high damage on silly range to tickle-beam that i don´t care about when playing against and these annoying stun-bombs to small-radius, low damage, low impact stuns that are still easily evade-able is laughable in a tragic way.

I also absolutely detest the Tyrande and Whitemane changes; no hero should ever be changed in such a way. They are essentially playing the players of these heroes to go screw themselves, surely very helpful to tell your players such things.

2 Likes

You say your great with a hero you know. You know who is that also?
Every other master

The hero is unique but he never fitted . Im not saying he was worthless. Im saying he was incredible outdated. They fixed that and now people want gazlowe in their team

you basicly discribed Na

Might showing proof your master in a recent season? :innocent:

But you stull havent explained a thing. His turrets are still there, its a good build
Might wanna explain more then mah winrates

And finally they came for the Nova players, and everyone had a huge party - because no one liked Nova mains.

Seriously, when Nova gets reworked, it’s going to be the same mudshow how, she is now ruined and people were just playing her wrong. And those people should have their keyboards confiscated.

I know it’s a bitter pill for Gaz mains but the benefit of many outweighs the benefit of few. Gaz is finally a real hero and not excess package the team has to deal with.

You know, I’m Nova player.
Yes I understand why people dislike us, but in the same time I understand Nova players. I understand why they just mute chat and pick Nova when they want.

If my team gets tilted when I only prepick Nova - it says enough. Soon or later I will disable chat too if people don’t stop to flame me before game starts.

1 Like