First they came

First they came for the Sylvanas Playerss, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Sylvanas Player.
Then they came for the Whitemane Players, and I did not speak out— because I was not a Whitlemane Player.
Then they came for the Tassadar Players, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Tassadar Player.

Then they came for the me—and there was no one left to speak for the Gazlowe Players.

Sorry other mains for not jumping into the forums to complain about your loss :frowning:

6 Likes

#WeAreAllGazlowe :pensive:

1 Like

Really? Because it feels like everyone’s doing a whole lot of talking :sleeping:

They’re not reverting Gazlowe. Like everyone else they’ve ever reworked, he was a trash hero that excelled at nothing and wasn’t very popular. Sorry for being blunt but it’s late and I’m sick of reading this endless spam.

11 Likes

He excelled at his description, being cunning… yes, few people could actually play him well. He had a different way of playing, strategy vs stuterstep. I was master level with a 63% win rate (190 games) with him, so in the right hands he obviously wasn’t trash. And now that I’m not playing, I have a lot more time to hang out on the boards :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know other than being above 50% win rate, being good at zoning, and wave clear, and good at static objective fights which is almost all the maps. Seems more like a trash take.

He won’t be reverted, and perhaps it’s futile to complain, but boo hoo, people are hurting over something they enjoyed that they can’t play anymore. How awful it must be to have to wade through that.

4 Likes

Sorry, but Whitemane at start was busted. The whole concept of Desperation was pointless once you specced for the talents to remove the stacks all the time.

Many characters were OP when they came out, None better than Li Ming though. But you do have a good point. I rarely played her(largely because I was horrible with her, still am), I just notice the annoyance with her rework.

Yeah, there are some reworks I was okay with. I might not have loved their implementation, but ultimately, I saw they were trying to address a problem, and the hero still somewhat resembled the hero.

But I do not understand what they were fixing about Gazlowe except to change his role for funsies because he already worked. Gazlowe is a completely different hero. There’s a reason why there are complaints about him and not D.Va, because ultimately D.Va still plays similarly and has the same role.

I could understand Whitemane because of the talent choices that were made. I can understand the hammer rework because people were staying out of siege form. I can understand Sylvannas because her trait was a little too impactful with certain objectives. I even understood when they changed RoboGaz the first time around to encourage team fighting and not mindless pushing.

But what was wrong with Gazlowe? Healthy talents with varied play styles? A unique engineer type fantasy? Oh noes, the horror!

Let’s make him box stuff? Because?!?

2 Likes

And it was a great rework coming from someone who frequently played Sylvanas back then, I’m sorry to say it but no, the rework was so successful she had people going full 70%~ win rate with a burst oriented AoE combo build until she got few nerfs on her best talents to tune that down its ridiculousness.

And having 3 - 4 builds for different situations that are hard to master while still have the similar element of her previous role to some extent was good change than being literally only optimal against heroics by going:

1. Q
  2. Dagger CDR
  3. Q
  4. Wailing Arrow
  5. Windrunner
  6. Armor reduction
  7. Teleport

And even with the rework is still disgusting, but not to ridiculous levels as it was before than waveclear upgrade or PvE focused talent.

We need more hard to master hero reworks tbh.

-Master player~

5 Likes

I was never a Syl player. But she seemed to be way more bursty before her rework. I did play burst Nova before her rework(like 3 years ago) and really didn’t like the change.

Not really burst at all as of where she stands right now, it was more of sustained damage with her Q and dagger.

She can reach burst levels but mostly for single targets, but like most heroes she’s hard to master to get its full potential in which it can be sleeper OP that no one bats an eye on right now.

There’s build that makes her deal 4.5k just by throwing everything out on a 3 stacks cursed target in less than 2 seconds past 20.

1 Like

Ah man, later on you maybe agree with these changes. I sure liked a lot to play with him, but beside the goblin ult and the turrets, was kinda hard to fit him into the comps. While he could push a lane strongly and do a good defense, sometimes we, with him, couldnt do anything. He would die anyway, we even had any healing and if compare him to another assassins, ranged ones sure gonna be better, for me, it’s the more powerful role on the game, sad the way it is.
Now the explodium helps a lot more in my opinion, i say it’s fair to play against gaz too. Also, no spending mana is cool and much more helpful while you can recover health hitting the laser on minions :slight_smile:

Welcome into the club of people, who lost their mains.

Yeah :frowning: the only ones I really noticed were Nova(like 3 years ago) and Tassadar who I thought became better, but not nearly as fun.

I regret not complaining for them and feel like an idiot for not realizing what they went through. To find a character that you really enjoyed, played for thousands of hours and have the developers remove and replace their beloved characters with an imposter really hurts.

2 Likes

Yep.

Sorry Sadius :frowning: I regret that I wasn’t around to at least complain against the rework :frowning:

In general I really disagree with the reworks that completely change a character (yes, I realized it way too late).

First they came for stealth heroes and i complained they gutted nova because even though i did not play her it was unfair.

Then they went from chromie and even though i do not play her i knew it was a bad descision and could lead to worse down the line.

Then they went for master skins and Qm forced comps and even though i play tank and care little i cared for the health of the game i like.

You idiots who only care about things only when they impact you are the worst.
Don’t seek sympathy.

More of a realization and apology for not paying attention to the people it affected before. I realize gaz won’t be changed back, but I will still continue to complain. This was really more to acknowledege/apologize to the people who went through the same thing and I didn’t at least jump into the forums to complain. Hopefully they won’t completely change any other chacters. If they want something, they can bring in a new chacter. My only real hope is that they will at least think about how unhappy the people were that love their characters, and not cause so much heartache.

3 Likes

Hey, I disliked WM’s rework, because my friend got affected by it a lot.
I kinda felt Tyrande’s rework too.

Jesus the quality of the forums really decreased
No explanation what he doesnt like and what he misses, just whining

They turned a hero with a 0% pickrate with no meaning into the draft into a decent hero, its not perfect yet but yet

8 Likes