Do you have your "unlucky" heroes?

I really want to know if you guys have like
At least one character that, no matter how good you’re doing as them, has an abysmal win rate due to the circumstances out of your control, basically dumb luck?

For me it’s Lucio and Medivh, it just looks like no matter how good my plays and stats are, no matter how many teammates I save, how many camps I steal, how many good calls I make, I just can’t win. I always end up getting a leaver or a player throwing a tantrum the entire game or 3 people dying 10-14 times in like 15 minutes (literally my last game).

I just can’t do anything about it and already joke about these two being cursed for me, but I like them a lot and it’s pretty upsetting to see my winrate drop to 40% and below no matter how good I am, I even avoid picking them in ranked because people look at winrates and complain that, for example, my Tracer had 45% sl winrate when my overall winrate as her is 58%.

So…Does anyone else have a hero like that? I really hope that I’m not alone here.

14 Likes

For whatever reason, my pre rework anduin winrate was like 35% lol. I know he wasn’t great back then but I usualy do better then that.

And not because i troll with leap of faith. I promise.

9 Likes

yup !

Maeiv … 4 to 6 % win rate .
didnt matter if i had top hero damage or no deaths , i just cant do it :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I tend to get really unlucky with deckard. Though i admit i dont play too well with him either.

3 Likes

This may not be an exact answer but…
Alarak… Over 100 games on him and my win rate with him in ranked is 40% at best… Please do laugh…

These days I am much more comfortable on the other combo assassin Kerrigan for some reason…

10 Likes

You most likely need to learn to kill
Killing with a hero is the most impactful thing you can do (you get me)
If you have a high kill potential you dominate

My unlucky hero is tracer

2 Likes

Lol didn’t need to read the rest of post to already know my answer:

Chromie.

Hands down.

100s of games, 28% win rate.

I personally perform decently, and I do get the afk’ers and unlucky things outside of my control. However, I also do get a lot of games where the team is generally performing their jobs and after a respectful attempt the game unfortunately ends in a loss. It truly is unlucky.

6 Likes

Yes!! What is up with her??

I can chunk away the enemy team and get very little kills. My team can take all forts and keeps, still have ours, but can’t close out the game somehow. I didn’t think I was that bad

2 Likes

I don’t even have to look, it’s Genji on something like 38% and probably that number is inflated due to being carried! My reflexes and nerves are just too poor to play a hero like Genji, the AI plays him far better than I ever could.

2 Likes

Mine is Xul. Me playing as Xul, I have an admittedly low winrate with him. I have to accept the fact that Xul is a more slower paced hero though. Set up with some roots, swipe timingly with your W attack and just grow some skeletons and lane harder than the average lol. A good teammate that can play well with Xul is a nice treat though.

For me its Qhira and Orphea. I can have top in dmg, kills etc, but like i just don’t win with them. Qhira i once went 28-2 and still lost because our teammates refused to do any camps. As with Orphea I hit some nasty ults, but for some reason I can’t win

yes i do have one, auriel, no matter how much my healing is superior to the enemy, no matter how many stuns and how many saves i do, i just cant seem to get a damn win!!

Yes. It’s Genji. I play him in QM and even when I think I did good, but I still lose. It seems my impact is still too low with him so I can’t carry.

On the contrary D.Va is my lucky hero. That pro gamer girl just never fails.

1 Like

Hanzo I’d say.

Also I got this…:

So I kinda feel what you do with Medivh.
I basically came to the conclusion that Medivh “can’t” really carry, while being outright broken if your allies know what they’re doing.

3 Likes

I got 18% winrate on Decard.
And everytime I que up with him I get low kda feeders on my team that have no clue how to play so I just dropped him.

Like my last game with him I got full troll team with a Zag main who had 1.4 kda and the rest of my team feeded everytime they could get a chance to do it.

There are just some heroes in this game that dont work in solo que and need full team to work out.

1 Like

But isn’t exactly that what makes Medivh a nice balanced hero? He’s weak on his own, not a generalist, but his potencial shines with his competent team? Sgt. Hammer and Genji tends to be the same.

Did I say nerf/buff/rework Medivh? Nope. So no need to jump on horses.

1 Like

In the strict spirit of the thread, Zarya and Sonya.
I like their concept, I like to play them, I even feel good-ish, however I have 17 and 38% winrate on them and with that they are my lowest MMR heroes across the board.

The hero fallen from grace is Li Li, gradually failing with her, in line with the global subpar winrate. Although that 0:9 last season was particularly stellar.

I also have plenty of trouble with Raynor (31%), Tychus (31%) and Varian (35%), but I don’t really enjoy them. I’d like to note Alexstrasza and Whitemane, I enjoy them but they’re so subpar (complicated story) that I didn’t play a single SL match.

For curiosity, heroes I’m much better in QM: Li-Ming (2587 vs 2057), Kael (2472 vs 2092) and Nazeebo (2328 vs 1751, 28%).
In contrast, SL-only heroes are Rehgar (2133 vs 2644), and basically anything tank with a margin of 300.

1 Like

But sometimes statement like that creates assumptions to exactly think that, don’t it? I mean, if a hero is very ‘niche’ and only works in very specific situations/comps. Does it mean this hero is balanced and don’t need changes or maybe the opposite is true?

I also mentioned Sgt. Hammer. She is in the same spot as Medivh, but she is also an least popular pick and most players consider her as a bad/troll pick like old Tass/D.Va. And even though there are players, who were successful with the latter, the overall changes to this heroes were healthy for the overall playerbase.

And if we follow that logic Medivh and Hammer could also get similar changes to be more accessible to other players?

The last time Genji and Medivh were brought up by the devs they said they’re fine with how “accessible” they are.
All Medivh needs is buffs to his lvl 1 talents that are not Portal Mastery. That would actually make Medivh better in lower skill brackets while not increasing his actual power lvl.