Deleting Tassadar serves no purpose. Can we fix it?

hey, that’s not a bad idea

You had plenty of time to rebuke the tassadar rework rework. Why now?

This sounds like just bandwagoning

5 Likes

it’s the equivalent of looking at a recipe for making a cake and coming up with scrambled eggs.

You wouldn’t think it a ‘bad summary’ because it represents what you got out of ‘reading’ the post. Part of what I post some of these things is that it points as stuff people don’t bother to process particulars cuz they’re too busy patting themselves on the back to celebrate their lack of effort.

That’s a bad analogy. It’s more like looking at a recipe and saying, “hey, that makes cake” as opposed to “this is why it makes a cake”.

Some responses do not require the question of why to be answered. The ‘what’ suffices in this regard.

If next new hero will be support with Tassadar’s support kit (shields, visions, buffs/debuffs, etc), everyone will win.

1 Like

Probius has everything to be reworked into a support without having to lose his high damage potential:

2 Likes

Why would anyone want the old Tassadar back give how broken the new one currently is? I mean obviously there will be nerfs but currently he is pretty much an instant win button in some comps.

20% spell power to all allies nearby? 900+ damage ability with 3 second CD? Strong zoning? Yup Tassadar has it all. His massive weakness of being stationary is even not so bad thanks to +30% spell armor when stationary talent and his mediocre HP pool (much larger than Li Ming). Although I have yet to see it, I suspect he will be high tier in ARAM from now on (as opposed to being considered mediocre to highish).

yea nah. Tassadar’s place in the game has been debated for years. For quite a long time, his popularity in general ranked play, even in Masters, was fairly low. It wasn’t until reaching Pro Play that the best players in the game, in a hyper coordinated environment, revealed his biggest strengths: being able to Double Soak and largely enabling AA heroes like Tracer. The problem there is that this was the only place where Tassadar found consistent usage and success, even Master league mostly just had a smattering of some players that were using him consistent and achieving at least decent success (not counting the buffs Tass received to purposefully make him straight stronger months before his rework).

Also, Mage Tassadar was arguably THE most suggested way to take the Tass rework, whether it was suggested for Lore reasons or purely gameplay reasons. It’s one thing to say that some players don’t like the rework but to pretend most people were fine with pre-rework Tass is just lying for no reason.

4 Likes

Because old support Tassadar was able to make his entire team strong from the start of the game and make one hero much stronger.

Still he was hard to balance, because Lifesteal. But instead reworking him, developers could delete Lifesteal only and buff something else on his kit.

He was perfect Swiss Army Knife in HotS. One of the best.

As someone said

I’m sure I wasn’t only one, who liked Tassadar because supporting.

How can you prove that people were lying that they were fine with old Tassadar?

I feel like you misinterpreted this: I am saying that OP is lying by suggesting that most people were fine with Pre-rework Tass, not that people were lying about LIKING old Tass. We already know from his popularity in normal ranked play, threads on the forums and threads on Reddit that most people were NOT fine with old tass. There were also several threads on both asking for Tassadar rework, with many of them suggesting a rework into a “Mage Tassadar”.

2 Likes

Now he is just one of the highest damage heroes in the game. Sure he cannot make another player strong anymore, but instead everyone should be making him stronger.

My experience shows that people, who asked for Tassadar’s rework into mage, mostly had no clue how to use support Tassadar.
Some of them used a fact that “He needs to be close to his lore as High Templar”, but they always forgot, that he had support ability, called Hallucination, with his Psionic Storm.

That’s why I hate it. I loved to be supported by Tassadar the most. Now I don’t feel safe with him in one team.

2 Likes

Its really simple. This game likes to follow the lore of that is related to the characters and a piddly shield spitting hero just doesn’t fit Tassadar. The first templar to channel the two powers of his people to overwhelmingly annihilate the main baddie of SC.

2 Likes

wow it’s almost like some people like support heroes, and they think snatching a special unique one away when we don’t even have that many to begin with to make ANOTHER generic ranged assassin is kinda dumb.

Just because they possessed the ability doesn’t mean they’re known for them. It’s like saying Hanzo has sonic arrow so he should’ve been a support. The multiplayer community definitely knows them for their storms.
Hallucination didn’t even make it to HT in SC2 while psi-storm did. In the LotV cinematic, their lightning was the focus when the HT were on screen.

your drawn conclusion is “oh don’t use absolutes”, what I wrote is “don’t do stuff that’s contrary to the claim”

If the OP was to argue that people ‘care’ about something, it undermines their position to do a bunch of stuff that conveys they don’t care.

My analogy is apt and I could spell it out, but people are far too afraid of bothering to actually read that they tell themselves such wonderful lies on why they can try to get around it.

The whole thing them becomes a moot waste of time because trying to correct people that pride themselves on not reading aren’t going to bother reading otherwise to what they already think.

Maybe for you, the old tass was boring and rarely played. I enjoy the new tass.

For the same reason I did not jump onto the bandwagon to play the myriad of OP assassin heroes when they were OP. I generally don’t play assassins in ranked or care about the “power level” of a hero so long as the play style and mechanics feel rewarding for me to make an impact with.

The point here isn’t that the rework isn’t successful or doesn’t have its fans. It’s that it serves no purpose.

It’s like changing the recipe of a brand of ginger ale to be a cola. Yeah colas might be more popular, but who cares, when there are already more than enough brands of coke. You just simply piss off the people who like ginger ale, and the cola drinkers would have drank cola regardless of what happened either way.

2 Likes

I love the idea that you heard poll results that were 90% in favour of the rework and you think they are selfish LOL

Try to think about it this way. You and your friends go out and will say there’s 10 of you in your group. The nine of them want to go bowling and you want to go ice skating. I think you know where I’m going with this.

1 Like

That’s a pretty bad analogy. Hanging out as a group all require you to pick the same movie, which is not the case in how games work. You don’t enter a game and everyone is forced to pick an assassin.

Edited with movie analogy: Changing a small comedy into a super hero movie is kind of stupid because there are already a hundred other movies like it out there. That’s not to say the super hero movies are bad, it’s just pointless to change an already existing movie into one in a field that is already pretty saturated.