Connecting to Streaming Server

Last night, I played the game and everything was fine as always. But today after i opened Battlenet, it gives me this “connecting to streaming server” error. Restarted my modem and computer, changed my DNS, scanned the game files but nothing works. Pls help ;(

20 Likes

Same problem here…but i think blizzard will fix it soon :slight_smile: they always do!

I´m getting the same problem uninstalled and redownloaded already and nothing works getting stuck on connecting to streaming server

Both me and a friend having the same issue (I’ve been stuck a few times in the last few weeks but I’ve managed to force it open with various support links here and there) But this time it’s a lot more stubborn than it used to be ._.

same here (((((((((((((((

I’m having the same problem. I recently opened a few ports for Black Ops 4, but that was a few days ago and I played Hots just yesterday and everything was fine

Same problem…have not changed a single thing on my system.

Same problem with me. If you hit cancel it’ll go straight through and load the game. I assume it has something to do with the agent program or something.

I’m also getting VERY long load times in Overwatch as well. I mean, 10 minute start up times before anything appears on screen. I assume they’re related.

For the Overwatch issue, go post here if you can, Blizzard asked me to gather data for them in that thread.

The heroes issue is unrelated.

Same boat here. My friends can open the game with no issues.

Same here, a new connection issue after the previous connecting to norway problem :confused:

Have you tried reinstalling Battle.net? or the game itself?

Same here. Post must be at least 20 characters.

This has started for me as well around the time the background download for the next patch was released (I’m fairly certain it’s related).

However I, just now, seem to have resolved it for myself. After some digging I found a post on reddit about people being able to launch the game after only canceling the pop-up or connecting to a different region, canceling the pop-up, then going back to the original region.

Doing the steps above, going back to the Americas region (my original region) the grey arrow icon indicating background streaming download was appearing. So I clicked play, had the same pop-up, closed that window, but left the Blizzard launcher alone for 5ish minutes and HotS launched properly.

So try this:

• Connect to a different region and try to launch the game;

• Click Cancel on the “connecting to streaming server” pop-up;

• Connect to your original region;

• Leave it be for several minutes (5-10+).

Not guaranteed to work, but the root of the problem might be with the time it takes to establish the connection, rather than being unable to establish it in the first place.

10 Likes

This has been happening over the past couple of days for me as well. Clicking cancel on the connecting to streaming server dialog was still getting me into the game, but as of this morning, clicking cancel on it just exits entirely. The game won’t start anymore. Changing region from Americas to Europe doesn’t start the game either.

Flushing the DNS hasn’t worked, the hosts file is fine and I’m confident it’s not another connection/startup issue. Restarting the PC didn’t make any difference either.

1 Like

Yeah same here. Last time, I was able to just restart my comp, and it fixed the problem. Then I was able to just cancel it, and it opened HoTS. Now, naaada

EDIT: What worked for me, just now, was just letting it stream for a bit, then cancel it. So let it run for a min or two then click cancel, opened the game for me.

1 Like

I think they are related and it’s regarding the Battlenet app.

EDIT: Could we get some help here please. THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE. We CANNOT ENTER THE GAME AT ALL.

2 Likes

Having the same issue here. Can’t open the game and stuck on an infinite “connecting to streaming server.” Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, running bnet and heroes as admin, flushing dns, changing region. Nothing works.

1 Like

Connecting to streaming server…

Same issue here was working fine last night now just hitting cancel now won’t go past the connecting to streaming server pop up

EDIT: i let it sit on connecting to streaming service for about 20 min in the end and finally came up with a firewall exemption request now working ok.