Connecting to Streaming Server

Let it sit there and I got in eventually…

Same stuff here. Also the long load time on overwatch also happening plzz fix i need my daily dose of blizzard drugs!!

Same for me, cancelling the streaming service dropped me into the game yesterday but now it just won’t start at all.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue.

Everything is also a fresh install from 3 days ago : Windows 10, AMD Radeon drivers, Battlenet, HotS. All up to date.

Hey all,

Been looking through the information here, and noticed that almost all of you are outside the NA region. Lets try to establish if there is anything in common between you guys. Please let us know:

The region you’re logging into
The make and model of your modem

Additionally, lets try to temporarily disable any security software, and do a quick power cycle of your network devices to see if it clears anything up. Thanks for letting us know about this!

-Lantrasau

Yeah I am not connecting either. Its pretty odd and I also changed my DNS. Has anybody found out if this is something to do with the new patch?

same issue here. Removed and reinstalled the game.

Have done all normal network resets. Same issue on other computers in our house and when tethering the computer with our phones, so doesn’t seem to be our network.

connecting to the oceanic region (Americas)
gateway is a Ubiquiti Security Gateway

EDIT: you get in eventually if you leave the client connecting for around 15 mins

That’s a long time to wait though. Long enough to actually have played about half a game.

got same error in NA/ Canada, it is not a region specific error.

Yeah, 10-15 minutes of waiting on the “connecting to streaming server” dialog eventually got me logged into the game.

I’m in Australia (logging into Americas) but my region was set to Western US so I could get some early morning/midday AI games in. Possibly related to the region the game is set to?

Edit: After getting into the game, changing the region to Australia, quitting out and trying to start the game again, the extended connected to streaming server dialog still shows up, but clicking Cancel got me in. Possibly not related.

Canada Here… Still part of North America I hope :slight_smile:

I have the same issue, please fix. :’( My stimpacks.

Tried all that, all failed. I’m trying to log into either Americas or PTR, and my ISP is Bell. I assume this screw-up is their fault.

Me too. Australia here logging onto NA. Tried my personal computer then to an internet cafe. No luck. Stuck on vonnecting to stream

POSTED BY Veildi-1696

• Connect to a different region and try to launch the game;
  • Click Cancel on the “connecting to streaming server” pop-up;
  • Connect to your original region;
  • Leave it be for several minutes (5-10+).

Just tried this, tried to connect to asia immediately pressed cancel and then before the play button came back I changed Asia back to Americas, Clicked play and it worked instantly.

This could just be that one off thing we are all sometimes experiencing but it didn’t hang or anything.

7 Likes

I’m certain it’s the pre-downloaded patch. Ran into this problem so I booted up my son’s pc. Could get into Heroes no problem. Exited, waited till the patch downloaded on that machine and bam. Problem started. In Australia, ISP is Telstra and the modem is the new gateway max.

EDIT: I just waited about 10 mins and it connected

1 Like

Sikin / Veildi’s solution worked for me

For my friend and I also. Must be a launcher problem since rebooting didn’t fix it either.

I kept having the same error. Then eventually the game let me into a round, then dc’d me. I then kept getting the error again and couldn’t get back in!

Now I have a red flag and have to play with people that leave games… :(((((

Preeettty laaaaame

Since patch been getting connecting to “stream server” usually just cancel it and it loads game… since this mourning - when u cancel it fails to launch game. NA here.