[CDC] Dorothy, Rouge Widow Mine

The result of ongoing research to improve the Widow Mine AI, Dorothy escaped from her creators when she became intelligent enough to realize she was not the last iteration of her AI, and she would no longer exist as herself if the lab techs were allowed to upload the next version.

Alone and unarmed, Dorothy became something of a pet to a black-market arms dealer. Once she found a way to install some of his products into herself, she disposed of him and stowed away on a pirate ship, bound for parts unknown.

Dorothy is an AA ranged assassin who specializes in area denial and well planned ambushes. Perfect for defending objectives like Braxis Holdout or holding out against enemy lane pushes.

D: Drilling claws.

Dorothy can burrow in place, granting stealth and improved Auto Attack range and damage, but denying movement. Basic abilities have additional functionality while burrowed.

Q: Sentinel Missile

Dorothy fires a missile that chases the cursor for three seconds, dealing medium damage to the first enemy it hits.

When burrowed, this ability also deals AoE damage around the target, and can be triggered manually with a left click.

W: Mini-mine.

Can only be cast while burrowed. Unburrows while leaving a traditional spidermine in its place. The mine will deal light damage to enemy targets around it when stepped on.

E: Bug out

Dorothy fires a concussion grenade in the target direction, flinging herself in the opposite direction and enemy targets away from the center of the blast.

When burrowed, Dorothy is not moved, but enemy targets thrown by the blast are stunned.

R1: Macro Missile Massacre

Dorothy fires a dozen missiles at enemy heroes within a decently sized radius of her, dividing evenly between all heroes within the target area when activated.

R2: Trapdoor

Dorothy can move to another walkable location on the map while burrowed. Global range, but requires vision.

Has a shorter cooldown than most heroics, but still long enough to not be spamable.

2 Likes

I approve of this choice lol :smiley:

Week 1 Judgement

Catagory Rating
Creativity 2/5
Cohesiveness 4/5
Thematic 3/5
Interaction 3/5
Overall 12/20

Creativity
2/5

Widow mines are among my favorite units in the Terran arsenal, however we really didn’t need it here with its current build set, because we have Sgt. Hammer.

Cohesiveness
4/5

It looks like an alternate Sgt. Hammer. There aren’t any cooldowns for me to work with so I can only assume you can spam everything to your heart’s content (Just kidding, but seriously a little bit of an indication would be nice :slight_smile: )

Thematic
3/5

While Dorothy has the same concept as canon Widow Mines, Hammer already does the “Wait For/Ambush enemies in range” game. Instead, how about taking Dorothy in the direction of Star Craft games where Widow Mines play a key role. Usually, people mass, and then burrowed them on top of the enemy army to unleash everything.

Interaction
3/5

Mini Mine makes 1 mine, while Hammer can throw out 3 at a time.
I can only assume Sentinel Missile disables AA’s while active, which isn’t something you really want as an Auto Attacker.
I really enjoy Macro Missile Massacre, and I feel like it has a lot of potential.

Sadly, can’t really judge talents when there are no talents. I loved the idea of a Widow Mine character, so I hope you come back to it.

1 Like

I’m going to assume you’ve pulled out of the contest. Good job on your future endeavors.