CDC #7 - Calling the Gamechangers

Well, sad to say I couldn’t think of a character concept by the deadline. Everything that came to mind was either done a million times before or just didn’t sound right in-game. Good luck to everyone still in the running.

1 Like

Welp my talents are almost done. Looking forwards to the base kit judging!

It was a tough one. I had to change my mind last minute, and I’m really not satisfied with where it is.

Just posted week 1 judgements for everyone! This is my first time judging, so I hope I did a good job with fair ratings and helpful feedback.

6 Likes

Since we’ve got a bunch of first-time contestants, just posting a friendly reminder that the deadline for week 2 judging is coming up on Saturday, same time as week 1! Talents are expected to be done, as well as any changes you feel are necessary based on week 1 feedback. Good luck everyone!

I remade Darion. He is great, but not sure if he’s too OP.

Added the talents.

. . . . . . . Same :slight_smile:

We shall see who has good ones or not.

Finally added my talents. I’ve been struggling to get him together all week, and this weekend was crazy busy. So I put what I have so far. Still can’t think of a good 2nd ultimate, so…

I recommend looking at the marks. stuff on WoW Wiki or Icy Veins/ Noxxic

Talents are now ready.

Oh, we were supposed to mention if our things talents are ready? Bah. Mine are.

I dare someone claim their idea is stupider.

Is there a specific time to expect our ratings or do they come in at any time?( Dont know what i got yet.)

Sorry everyone, I won’t be able to finish posting the results tonight. Sudden school rescheduling and whatnot severely limited my time. They should all be up tomorrow, so keep an eye out for them!

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for the delay, everyone. I had gotten a good number of my reviews done, but had unfortunately forgotten to space them out a bit, and so burnt out a bit.

I should be here over the next few days to hopefully have a little better time explaining myself and my judgements if needed, and I am sorry if they’re a bit incoherent or anything.

Lastly, I just want to say. Wow. This really is an amazing turnout this time. (^_^)

I honestly forgot there even was a third judge. I thought it was over lol.

Can I get a one day extension pretty please?

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll see what I can come up with for the last week.

I’d like to point out one thing, though: I personally disagree on the way all three judges evaluated how much of a “game changer” an idea is:

On the one hand, all of you said that some ideas (Cammykins’ stances, Deefe’s friendly fire, and MrCLFN’s custom mercs, for example) either “just barely fit the contest theme” or “are somewhat lackluster as game changers”.

But on the other hand, you all agree that Pdunz’s Spyro and Orphea are great examples of the theme, just because the hero is from a previously unrepresented franchise… Is that really a “game changer”? It doesn’t make any difference in the actual game. Hero still plays the same.

Well, that’s just my opinion, and I don’t expect any of you to change your scoring, or anything. Just wanted to express how I see it.

(on a related note, some of the feedback posts mention it would be difficult for other heroes to follow up on the idea, but I feel the examples given by Bliztron have the same issue. Especially Alextrasza)

2 Likes

I don’t think there’ll be any extensions, but if you forgot there was a 3rd week it’d be a good time to remember that there’s also a 4th week with the final deadline this Saturday! (It might get pushed back due to things being late but I cannot confirm, so better safe than sorry.)

Im just curious, but when are results coming in???