CDC #10 - Retroactive Reconstruction

Heres the zelda you asked for.

also despite choosing uther I am not in fact a judge for this contest.

Don’t mess vit the vikings! Tat is right!

Now this prince is fresh.

1 Like

All hail the doggo shaman!!!

I think I’ll join in with a Zagara rework.

Just copy paste the URL of the post you want to link, no tricks needed for non-Blizzard links

Oh, thanks! (Umm, I’m on my tablet, how do you see the URL?)

Let the Hunt begin!

Copy and past the link from your post.

Yes, but I’m on a tablet, how do I see the link?

At the top, I’m assuming if your using something like Safari.

Figured it out! Had to tap on the website location link thingy at the top to see it.

Danm you love that Carbot Kael’Thas mirror emoji :joy:

2 Likes

I love Carbot in general. :heart:
The day his art works came to HotS was one of the best.

2 Likes

I feel confident about this one :slight_smile:

Week 1 judging is done! Just a reminder for everyone who included talents, Week 1 judging does not include talents and I based my scores on your base kit changes alone.

1 Like

Week 2 judging is done, and in record time for me! I hope my feedback will help you all improve your concepts for the next two weeks. (^_^)

2 Likes

The Judge of Lazy will view your work next week ladies :wink: don’t disappoint, also i’ll be strictly staying to the type i gotta judge so keep that in mind.

Beware mortals! your doom has come.

Translation get your butts in gear because ill be judging you either tomorrow or the day after hopefully, dont expect a giant monster waiting.

EDIT: Also due to the fact im the lesser of three evils here and since im also an Aussie (and yes im the hot surfer kind) if your late by half a day i will rereview it our of terms of fair game.

EDIT 2 BECAUSE I CAN’T POST AGAIN!: Most of them done due to tiredness and i will get to them later on, also gives the ones i left over time to update the Fluff and any updates they wanted to finish.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone for participating in the tenth Concept Design Contest, judged by myself, Damian, and WhoYouExpect (and of course, organized by the wonderful Bliztron)! All of the scores have just been posted. Reworks can be challenging, but everyone here was able to stay true to the character while developing new gameplay identities and building on those already in place! This isn’t easy, so I’d like to congratulate all contestants for their hard work. And now for the results…

The winner of the tenth CDC is LuckyTiger, whose Rehgar rework was able to nail the hero’s identity and playstyle perfectly with thoughtful changes, earning a score of 100/100; in case the perfect score didn’t give it away, the judges were beyond impressed and couldn’t find any concerns. Link found here: [HR] Rehgar- Rework CDC #10

The runner-up was waterlong’s Uther rework, which took some risky changes to the base kit and executed them well, with many interesting mechanics in both the basic abilities and talents that the judges felt took Uther’s existing playstyle and made it more interesting and viable, earning a score of 97/100. Link found here: [HR] - Uther - rework - CDC #10

Finally, for the honorable designer award, the judges picked Cammykins for their Rexxar rework. Cammykins clearly had a lot of passion for the concept, with a Rexxar that was faithful to the traditional Mok’nathal Beastmaster while creating a playstyle that was both unique and thematic.

With the end of the contest, I’d like to congratulate every participant again for their hard work and success on their concepts. These reworks provided new perspectives on existing heroes, and I hope that all the thought that went into them can help you see new perspectives on your own concepts, making them better than ever. I look forward to the next CDC, and hope to see everyone who competed this time showing their talents again with another round of great concepts!

5 Likes