BLZBNTAGT000008FC - Play button missing in battle.net

actually window updated yesterday but im on 8 and heroes is on external

maybe look at that update. could be something.

Hey all,

We are investigating an increase in the BLZBNTAGT000008FC errors after a recent patch. We hope to have more information on this investigation soon. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thank you for reporting this to us and for your patience in these matters.

4 Likes

I’m not good at these things, but after hours I said so for fun while having BATTLE NET DESKTOP APP to press the install button again (download for windows) while I had the application shut down. After installation, open it, put my data in and “play” at Hearthstone it is there and Heroes of the Storm update it by itself

i download heroes of the storm i played that game later cant play cuz install game when i click install cant install when i click locate game
install turn to uptade but cant update pls help it

I can relate, I have that problem too.

The same for me and my friends.

I did everything, but nothing.

1 Like

For me the same thing… how can we fix this?
i wanna play so badd.

I’m not good at these things, but after hours I said so for fun while having BATTLE NET DESKTOP APP to press the install button again (download for windows) while I had the application shut down. After installation, open it, put my data in and “play” at Hearthstone it is there and Heroes of the Storm update it by itself

Weird, out of nowhere. My other games are fine. I click on ‘locate’, folders gone. I click on ‘install’ and I get this

“Whoops! Looks like something broke. We’ll try to fix it, so please try again later.
More help: BLZBNTAGT000008FC”

been like this for what, 2 hours?

what should I do?

2 Likes

I have the same problem with all the Blizz games.

first try clearing the battle net files and see if it works. you will need to close your launcher and any blizz games first and then do this. when you are done open the launcher and see if you can locate your games again.

if its still broken then using the exe directly will help you get into the game until they can fix whatever may be bugged.
workaround:

I got the same problem too, instead of Play, it shows Install, and because of that, I cannot play the game.

Yup same problem for me. Deleting the battle.net folder also did not fix this for me. I’m suspecting an error that is server sided.

i didnt get it fixed, but im playing
go to support64 folder and look for heroes.exe, without battlet net
you can enter game and play

1 Like

I can launch the game from Support64-folder, but as I’m not on the current version, I cannot play…

After hours I said so for fun while having BATTLE NET DESKTOP APP to press the install button again (download for windows) while I had the application shut down. After installation, open it, put my data in and “play” at Hearthstone it is there and Heroes of the Storm update it by itself

Every time I want to put the update or want to play, it put the game to Install, and I’m stuck there, unable to play the game again.

Same.
Edit: I tried to restart battlenet, didn’t help, so I closed it, tried that HeroesSwitcher, it only told me to go make a sandwich. I started battlenet again, and the Play buttton was there :hushed: