BLZBNTAGT000008FC - Play button missing in battle.net

error code BLZBNTAGT000008FC when trying to locate game folder.
Issue started after installing latest windows update.

11 Likes

got the same issue here.

1 Like

Yep, same issue here as well.

1 Like

have you tried going to:
options > game settings > game install/update

here you can scan for games or manually change the game folders.

yes but it does nothing

3 Likes

even when i click on the .exe directly it does nothing

3 Likes

Same problem here, manually selecting folder does not work, niether launching game manually.

1 Like

going to …\Heroes of the Storm\Support64\HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe and clicking on it does not work either?

3 Likes

Got same problem as op.
Clicking the .exe in the folder doesn’t help. The Blizz Launcher comes up, it says “updating” for a few seconds, then it goes back to not having hots in the launcher.

3 Likes

Same issue here.
Restarting the computer or reinstalling battle.net didn’t help.

2 Likes

Well, I launched the game,but I cannot get access to my account. Seems like Blizz got their servers down.

good news!.
for manually i was using the .exe in heroes of the storm folder but by using the one in supportx64, it work. However i had to login once it was open.

3 Likes

if you can log in through the exe but not the launcher maybe clearing the BNet files could help.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work for me. When opening the original .exe, it tries to update itself, then reports the error thaat was posted above.

using the .exe in 64 didnt even reopen the launcher

try closing the launcher completely. make sure its not just minimized.

I log on finally and seems that it’s working! Thank you guys, shall I do this every time from now? :smiley:

ya, just do that for now.
…but they will fix it eventually so you can log in normally. so you shouldnt have to do it forever. actually, logging in via the exe is only suppose to be for when bugs and stuff happens since its inconvenient and the launcher is better.

I tried as you said. I even went to task manager and closed all blizzard tasks (including background stuff).

Opening the .exe in the folder still brings up the launcher for me - with the aforementioned error…

you are using the one noted above in the Support64 folder right? not in the base Heroes of the Storm folder. it matters because the HeroesoftheStorm.exe links to the launcher vs HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe which is a direct link for the game.

2 Likes