Australia/New Zealand - High Latency or Connecting to Wrong Servers since 2/Jul/2019

Same here - ANZ servers down

Still not fixed. 2 days down.

Played HL on us west with 200+ ping.
Streaming was on the agenda as an avid blizzard fan boy however with this…
who knows.
also lost 6 games out of 7 but u know at least I was playing.

How are they going to live through this for a game that’s already struggling to survive only by hanging onto hardcore fans?
Are we doing the right thing posting to blizzard? should we contact activision instead?

I’m not sure if it’s relevant but the traceroute listing for AUS lists 137.221.85.# as the 8th or 9th hop. While the first 7-8 hops are in Australia, or NZ for InfamousFTW, the final 3 hops are in Amsterdam according to a couple of different IP lookup tools. Why on Earth is Blizzard redirecting AUS traffic to the European region? Aren’t Europe, Asia, and America all completely different and incompatible environments? (Australia is part of America for gaming purposes, as is Singapore). Might this be part of the problem? Just a random thought - it’s entirely possible that the IP location info isn’t accurate but not being a Blizzard employee … :slight_smile:

Good observation, and further supports my theory that they’re dropping Australian servers.

Why are people so negative. You need to have a break bud maybe go do something else. They are working on it and its fixed when its fixed.

1 Like

You realise Set this also a problem for OW right? They aren’t dropping OW servers any time soon. Maybe you should stop talking nonsense for no reason yeah?

And even with the 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance they are dropping them, they’d be redirecting traffic to the US not EU, you know, the Americas, the region we’re in…

Just thought I’d add that one more post to the list, I’m also not able to connect.

Not when money is being spent on it, my boy. If I provided this sort of company service at my office, I’d be out of a job. This is shocking.

Calm down bud go watch tv, go to bed its fixed when its fixed. You getting all emotional and typing how upset you are when in reality nobody really cares is just silly and a waste of time.

1 Like

Cool story, bro!!!

Almost as cool as your story about how Blizzard is dropping Australian servers bro!!!

This is an amazing patch, I haven’t had a single bad QM group.

Mate, you need to think objectively about this. Most people have a full time job, even if you don’t. This has been an issue for two days now. People work all day, they want to spend their free time doing what they want and enjoying services they have paid for.

Let people feel frustrated, without trying to invalidate their feelings.

1 Like

You don’t pay for HotS though?

If you played the game closer to launch you did pay for access.

And even if the game claims to be Free To Play, it has paid content (like heroes) which means it’s a consumer product. You paid for those heroes, without reasonable excuse you have a right to access them.

I’ve been playing since Beta. Unless you’re referring to the $20 starter pack?

No one is saying you can’t vent your frustrations, but complain about valid stuff. Saying things like should we talk to activision or that this is about them dropping oce servers is just false information and not helpful at all.

Go watch some tv bud. Maybe go to sleep you will feel better in the morning you are just over thinking such a silly situation like the other lad. It will be fixed when its fixed and you complaining and throwing your toys out of the crib does nothing to speed that up but i appreciate some people cant grasp that obvious point.

Might be that, I just remember my mates had to pay to get access while I was in alpha.

And yeah, that’s fair.