Australia/New Zealand - High Latency or Connecting to Wrong Servers since 2/Jul/2019

Okay, Whisper makes valid and fair assessments of the situation, you just throw out inane comments to try to rile people up and invalidate peoples feelings, like a child.

I’m not going to engage this further.

To be fair i just enjoy dicking with you at this point because you are emotional

Keep telling yourself that.

Have a good one, see you all back in the servers when they’re up.

Ahh my advice was taken on board. Feels like i helped the emotional see common sense.

There is no evidence to suggest a shutdown of OCE servers. Remember the OCE servers cover all Blizzard games in the region so they wouldn’t just shut up shop without first telling people. There have been wide spread issues post maintenance, it just so happens it’s been the worst on our region.

It’s been 2.5 days and while it certainly does suck there is little we can do now. Blizzard are supposedly working on a solution. Fingers crossed it sorted before the weekend.

It was a theory, relax. I didn’t know about overwatch.

The problem is, and this is a problem i talked about before, is that Blizzard is HOT GARBAGE at anything related to conveying information for this region and most minor regions in general.

Could you imagine OW (since this is also affecting OCE OW) or HotS or WoW going down for NA for 2.5 days and not seeing a single post about it? At some point Blizzard CS needs to stop being, to put it bluntly, fking horrible, and give us an update.

Ahhh a theory, yes, that’s my excuse every time I see some routing issues and immediately assume my server is going to disappear. Tonight I saw more stars than usual, I assume that means they’re hurtling towards Earth and we’re all going to die tomorrow, hug your loved ones!

2 Likes

@whisper

Nobody gives a crap about our server. Already the player population is so low there have been GM’s with Bronzes in ranked game for eons.

There is also that guy who buys high rated accounts and intentionally runs them down all the way to B5 and boasts about it on gen chat “because he can”.

People take the “dead” thing too seriously, it doesn’t mean the server has to be at literally 0 players. In it’s current state the ANZ server for HotS is unplayable and devoid of players and filled with technical issues. That is the same as dead.

This game is only alive in US and EU currently.

1 Like

Except Blizzard does the exact same thing with most minor regions regarding all games, this has nothing to do with a “dead game” or people running bought accounts down middle.

Like I posted before, we have a CM that doesn’t post, but relays information, so it looks like we’re being ignored. Blizzard said they’d work on that, they haven’t.

But I mean thanks for your uninformed input?

Go ahead and think Blizzard cares about an unprofitable region which has the lowest population of any region in HotS, even below South America. You’re delusional. Have fun waiting for Australian community manager posts which will happen roughly once a year.

How am I delusional? I’ve stated everything you’re saying?

Me “Blizzard is bad at customer service”

You “haha you think they care”

Me “no because they’re bad at customer service it clearly shows they don’t care”

You “haha you’re delusional”

I would be surprised if we have 200 active players at this point on ANZ, so I am not shocked they completely ignore us. And yes they do mistreat minor regions in every single game.

I only came here on the forum to see if the gameplay issues and ‘error connecting to game’ are fixed after 3 days but no luck.

Better find another game to dedicate my time to I guess.

They wouldn’t dare do this against europeans or americans, their CM would have notified a fix is coming within 1-2 hours of a widescale bug like this, and posted it all over twitter, reddit and the forums.

Money talks.

Haha so upset. Go have a snickers bud you arent you when your hungry

How has our server been unplayable for over 24 hours now? This isn’t acceptable service.

2 Likes

Just to add to the list, also can’t get into any game mode for HOTS.
Tried doing all suggestions listed above and nothing works. Comes up with the same connection error message every time.
Has been happening for 2 days now.

Yep, they really don’t care. Not even a Tweet or even a reply in these threads to acknowledge the issue. RIP ANZ

Hey there friends,

We have made some changes that should help with the issue for AU and NZ players. Please post back with a WinMTR if there is still a problem.

Please note, this is for AU and NZ customers, if not in these areas, please make a new thread with the WinMTR about your problem.

/Nathardrick

Thanks for communicating. Too early in the morning to test but I am sure many will be itching to play later this afternoon.

Fingers crossed :yum:

#faith-restored

Cannot join quick match games in Oceania, the message reads:
“A player you were matched with has left the game or disconnected from the service”.

I can see the heroes of my team when this happens, and it is usually the same few heroes in a row, meaning that it seems to be an issue where one player is consistently not being able to connect to the server.