Aram's five of the same Hero is back

And other small but nice changes. Thought? Feels?

7 Likes

Not too excited. If it could happen only with full healer teams I could enjoy playing it. The game could potentially last two hours, but at some point once it becomes impossible to earn a kill, you can simply start to ignore the players and focus on structures. On the other hand matches with teams composed only of pure damage dealers start to feel like a waste of time after a few minutes, especially if it is ten ranged characters. There is little room for error and you often die before your character attack animation even gets the chance to finish in full.

In my opinion the worst thing about aram is not being able to utilize preferred hero skins because everything is randomized. A simple toggle checkmark to instead use your custom hero loadouts instead would be much appreciated.

It’s the most popular game mode and not being able to choose from the collection items which you may have spent real money on feels very wrong.

3 Likes

It brings ARAM back to its’ roots, which is meant to be just a silly, fun game mode.

I understand it’s some peoples main game mode in 2023 but this should reinforce the fact it’s just meant to be harmless entertainment, not something to be taken dead-seriously.

(Who can take 10 Murkies slapping each other with any sense of seriousness? :smiley: )

11 Likes

Wow, they actually went with the Reddit request. I’m surprised.

I don’t really mind (unless it’s Nova or Hammer). At the very least it will hammer in that people shouldn’t treat that mode like SL.

And by the way.

THANK YOU TO WHOEVER DID THAT CHANGE. WE LOVE YOU LONG TIME!

7 Likes

So this is a deliberate change? Interesting.

Not too keen to see this except for rarely and a few select heroes …

The only thing left that’s remotely fun about this game is ARAM, and this change makes even those games a 1-in-10 chance to be a complete waste of time.

1 Like

A minimum of 3/10 is a complete waste of time if you account for afkers and those who will feel much more comfortable playing Azmodan over a healer at the expense of their team. You’ve adapted to accept it after so much time but someone more casual will just quit altogether after the first game. Great player retention.

I didn’t know they were back until I was hit by https://imgur.com/zP6FIYt

hmmm… there’s only one thing to ask now…
HAS ANYONE HAD THE 5V5 WHITEMANE?! IF SO SHOW ME THE PICTURE I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

2 Likes

This was posted by u/Spazzo965 over on the Hots Sub.

The list of heroes which ARAM forces everyone to pick the same Hero:

Alarak
Butcher
Cassia
Falstad
Fenix
Genji
Greymane
Gul’dan
Illidan
Imperius
Jaina
Junkrat
Kael’thas
Kel’Thuzad
Kerrigan
Li-Ming
Lunara
Maiev
Mephisto
Murky
Nazeebo
Nova
Orphea
Probius
Ragnaros
Raynor
Sonya
Sylvanas
Thrall
Tracer
Tychus
Valla
Zagara
Zeratul
Zul’jin

The Heroes this can’t happen to:

Abathur
Alexstrasza
Ana
Anduin
Anub’arak
Artanis
Arthas
Auriel
Azmodan
Blaze
Brightwing
Chen
Cho
Chromie
Deathwing
Dehaka
Deckard
Diablo
D.Va
E.T.C.
Gall
Garrosh
Gazlowe
Hanzo
Hogger
Johanna
Kharazim
Leoric
Li Li
The Lost Vikings
Lucio
Lt. Morales
Malfurion
Mal’Ganis
Malthael
Medivh
Mei
Muradin
Qhira
Rehgar
Rexxar
Samuro
Sgt. Hammer
Stitches
Stukov
Tassadar
Tyrael
Tyrande
Uther
Valeera
Varian
Whitemane
Xul
Yrel
Zarya

8 Likes

hmm…
RIGHT WHICH ONE OF THOSE FOOLS DECIDED TO DO THAT I WANT NAMES
I’LL EAT THEM
I DESERVE BETTER!

2 Likes

Okay, when did you take anger management lessons from brightwing?

4 Likes

much like Garrosh
I’m perfectly fine at managing people with my anger

because whitemane and brightwing are my favorite healers

so if I have problems, the dragon is the next thing I go to. plus me and her have a history in high school together (lol 'cus that a totally normal thing to say)

2 Likes

There are a few here I don’t understand, like Arthas, Varian and Kharazim. 5v5’s using these heroes could be fun.

Though half a dozen Sindragosas flying all at once could crash middle tier computers :thinking:

Other than that, I understand the blocklist. Some of those games would just be either way drawn out (nobody has enough dps to kill other players or take down structures) or just a boring killfest (5 Valeeras vs 5 Valeeras just leads to instant gimps every time anyone slips out of stealth).

3 Likes

I’ll join your protest, my favourite priestess of owls is also excluded. I want to enjoy a 5vs5 Tyrande match where everyone is eating owls and is perma stunned!

I had a 30-minute all Maiev game yesterday, it went much as you described above. Strangely, I found it more enjoyable than the all Li-Ming game, which honestly left me feeling stressed (traumatised?) by match end.

4 Likes

Ewww all nova and all Genji over all Tassadars? I’m greatful they left all the healers out but that’s because pushing would be painful as is it will be for Nova and Genji! Gross!

1 Like

Yeah of course, ARAM is the core of HOTS, I feel your passion to defend the death of our beloved HOTS. Like if Solo league, and QM even, wasn’t the thing to stand for…

Abathur needs to be enabled in all 10 same hero ARAM ASAP for obvious reasons.

4 Likes

I wonder if it’s because there’s no consideration for what happens if there are multiple Zeals from different Whitemanes and they just didn’t program around that.

Would be hella fun tho.

1 Like

I can tell you that 10 Vallas multishotting at each other isn’t fun. Instant, unavoidable damage from opposite end of the screen.