7 wins 3 loss 5 mvp: Placement bronze

Why even play, I do well every game. My win ratio is higher than ever.

I am being lumped in with players that are markedly worse than me.

There is no way to climb.

I thought, assuredly this season with my exceptional play and effort I would get something other than the VERY WORST PLACEMENT IN THE GAME THAT NOBODY WANTS

Do I seriously need to quit again.

WIPE ELO every season you trash tier developers, seriously screw you.

You punish people for doing well you devry graduate devs.

8 Likes

You expected to get a free boost via the placement matches next season.
I can’t blame you for your assumption, because when you think of “placement matches” you naturally expect that this is the point where your performance is evaluated.

This is only half the truth though and Blizzard as well as other Mobas that use such systems should really start clarifying a lot of their placement-system ingame, so everyone, not just the avid forum-users and those who track blue-posts can get a hold of this information.

Anyway; The placement system is not meant as a free boost. Some players used it in this way and landed somewhere where they don’t belong and ruined the matches of other players, causing a lot of stomps/bad matchquality.

The system always keeps your previous rating in mind.
You thought you’d start up on a clean slate; No you don’t.
The placement system does “place” you. It always aims to place you at the same rating or mostly a bit lower.
Your performance in those 10 matches just nudges it a bit higher or lower.

The placement games are not as important as you’d like them to be.
The climbs and the ranks have to be earned after the placement matches.

On a sidenote: If you havent played in a while the game tends to be a bit unsure of your rating and a bit wilder placements could occur.
Keep that in mind.

4 Likes

Apparently a post needs to be 20 characters.

Also, no. To all you just said.

No.

3 Likes

Spoken like a true bronze.

22 Likes

I get placed with losers all the time. People who stand still for the first 2 minutes, people who use ults to clear minions, people who insist on playing chars they dont know. And thats just in the past 3 days.

Pro tip to Blizzard devs…if you match players with trash, they will become trash. At this point I would have more fun trolling and ruining games than actually trying. Everyday trolls are born as a result of this horrible matching system

6 Likes

Is this your first comp season? You really got placed bronze? What role you play

Im back from a 9 month break and MMR certitude is still stall

It may be due to rust but i found that player quality is better… i got less potatoes but still have some clueless from time to time

Who cares about rank if you got good games… i wouldent care to be bronze if i had close games there

3 Likes

I don’t play ranked anymore.

3 Likes

The Placement matches should not make you have to climb back to where you left the season off at. since it is hard to climb but so easy to fall due to trolls or Bnet servers crashing. There is no system that works for the player to prevent these unwarranted loss of points. Rank also needs to be based on your MMR and not two different systems.

1 Like

And now I’m getting paired with some of the worst players I’ve ever seen. I managed to hit bronze 2 last night.

But the last 6 games have had troll picks and a healer that does 1/4 of the guy on the other team. 6 losses in a row, all progress from yesterday gone.

Seriously individual talent in this game does not get rewarded.

Time to drop to bronze 4. Down two tiers today because of one of the biggest losing streaks ive ever had in almost 5k games.

Thanks to your terrible matchmaking and unfair placements.

2 Likes

Im able to play my best heroes at 68%wr, climbing is possible.

I have climbed from silver to platinum and so have alot of people, maybe youre not as good as you think.

4 Likes

watch my replays, a guy in my last game didn’t even know what Butcher’s ult was.

Like literally didn’t even know. Also we had a first pick murky who ignored lanes.

But yes, I’m at fault.

2 Likes

Fun fact, i dont have them.

Edit: you can make the downloadable on hotslogs when youre logged in if you dont feel like uploading them on some other site

Wins and losses do not matter during placements. If you are only fighting Bronze people even if you win all 10 games you will still place high Bronze because all you have proved to the system is that you can stomp Bronze players so should be above most of them (high Bronze, low Silver).

I do agree that the system does not really let one prove that they are better than who they are stomping. However if it allowed one to do that, everyone would always take the highest rank battles and end up annoying the actually skilled players who they get matched with.

If one keeps up a 70% win rate in Bronze, ones MMR will slowly rise. As ones MMR rises one will be matched with and against stronger opponents. Rank will eventually catch up to MMR and one will slowly be promoted to Silver and then eventually Gold. The process is not fast, one is looking at hundreds of games to get there.

1 Like

Here’s how Ranked is organized:

Grandmaster: Great players.
High-Diamond/Master: Good players.
Mid-Diamand/Mid-Bronze: Good, Average and Bad Players mixed together without rhyme or reason. I have a smurf in Diamond 5 and my main in Silver 4. The game quality is the same.
Bronze 4-5: Grandma, 4 year olds and spastics.

7 Likes

There is a difference between Silver and Platinum already, i could actually play Nova in silver and win.

Absolute truth.

Sometimes during placements in high diamond I used to see team mates being placed in Gold/Platinum in the previous season. People with absolutely no idea what their hero did, or how to do a rotation.

If you’re not in the highest rank the system is absolutely retarded, like really retarded, to a degree I never seen in any MOBA whatsoever (Talking like a champ that tried them all, like even Dawngate)

3 Likes

You can play Nova in Platinum and win. You can play Nova in Silver and lose. It’s just a question of did the 1-2 guys who know how to play on the other team (at either level) pick the right warriors to hard counter her and know how to play them.

Overall draft knowledge is about the same at either level - had a Plat 1 game where no one communicated their picks and, by the end, we had no support. If they didn’t pick the right counters to her, Nova is a devastating character. If they did, you’re going to have a bad game.

2 Likes

Yeah this game is 100% trash. Whenever I played Hero League I always placed Diamond, typically winning 7/10 or 8/10 placements. Apparently whatever this season has done has made it so the highest you can get is Gold. I won 7 straight games, each game carrying hard since I was playing with Gold Players, (my QM is Masters, and if I played more games in HL in the past I’d easily have Masters as well, I typically just did placements got my diamond for simple mount) and I’m still paired with Gold players game 8/9/10 which all result in losses due to extremely bad gameplay like people not understand how to soak lanes, doing boss when no one on their team is dead and they’re literally 2 feet from the boss in lane, ect.

Get placed Gold 3 as 7/10 in HL (wtf)…I literally solo queued TL and got my typical diamond placements off a same 7/10 (this makes sense). Plain and simple, this game all around is trash, and I’ve uninstalled since every time I come back, the game just keeps getting worse and worse… It’s no wonder the pro scene is so small and pro streamers who are actually good quit the game, due to mad queue times and all with this stuff on top.

The game was a lot better back in the day when there was the 1-50 rank system (got Rank 1 extremely fast on my own). A lot more players were on with skill, I had a lot more enjoyable games with people who were good, literally like 15 people I used to be able to rotate with who were good no longer play. I had Masters MMR in Ranked and QM back in the day, and only played with other Masters…but now I’m forced to played with Gold and below in Ranked and QM…Why do I have to suffer through 50+ games to get promoted to where I should already belong?

It would appear that in general a lot of MOBAs are mostly trash these days, but HOTS has super accelerated their decline in the past few months.

If you enjoy it, please continue playing, but just do understand, the game is never going to get better, and this is coming from someone who has played since ALPHA.

6 Likes

if you were really a master player, you would be doing 9-1 on placements in gold and you would be winning about 85% of your matches and should climb to Masters easily. The fact that people who don’t play competitive frequently can’t instantly place into masters is in my opinion a VERY good thing.

If it was up to me, everyone should start at bronze their first season and climb to their designated rank. Then we wouldn’t have as many low skill players in the artificially high ranks due to open beta. If you’re good enough, you will win more than you lose, and you will climb. If you are significantly disproportionately better, you will climb faster.
If you think you should be climbing but can’t seem to carry, then you are simply not as good as you think you are. I’ve climbed myself from bronze to plat and I’m still going with 70% winrates. I’ve seen plenty of master smurfs go 90% winrate in theyre first 50 games. It is SOOOO VERY much doable to carry yourself, if you’re good.

Yeah you won’t have 100% winrates, but you can definitely have >50% winrates

3 Likes