3840 x 1080 ultrawide support?

I was looking into getting the 49 inch ultra widescreen 32:9 monitor. It’s kinda like 2 27 inch 1080p monitors in one. Is this aspect ratio supported? I couldn’t find any videos on youtube about it. Thx

**Samsung LC49HG90DMNXZA CHG90 Series Curved 49-Inch Gaming Monitor

1 Like

as far as i have heard other users with similar have had issues running this kind of monitor on the game. it is typically not a very widely supported standard (especially for blizzard games).

actually, here is a old thread:

the user says it “stretches” the image. my reply to that thread was that it is a non-standard resolution. whereas 1k, 2k, 4k are all 16:9 ratio resolutions and common for the industry.

1 Like

I think one can get a compromise resolution which is wider than 16:9 by about a third. Games are much more likely to support such a resolution than the insanity that is 32:9.

possibly, but currently ultrawide just isnt that supported. i wouldnt suggest to anyone that is looking to buy that they go out and get one for gaming. i mean if they already have one, then sure lets look for a solution to the problem. im not going to tell someone to go buy it though.

they need to go buy a normal 16:9 monitor that is well supported and will not give them any hassle. that is the truth.

unless they are doing something special that requires extra wide monitor there is no need for it.

In worst case on can use pillar boxes to reduce aspect ratio of ultra wide displays. Not ideal, but better than stretch.