2021 - Seaon 1 - Share your season journey here!

I’m a bit late to the party, having taken a break. I also can’t put a cute picture here (no TL3) to make this look a bit sweeter, but that’s fine, that’s fine, it’s fine. Here is a predictable choice of video instead!

I enjoy hearing tales of epic games so in that spirit I’d love to hear about your season journey in Ranked, QM, AI or any mode you play in. Are you looking to level up your main to100, get some shards for a particular skin? Please share here.

In regards to ranked, this is not just for players striving for Master or GM status (though that is fantastic and I’m jealous!), it’s for everyone playing the ladder.

Please share your goals for the season, your progress, the blood sweat, tears, highs, lows, but no need for too much salt, we already have The Salt Mines for that!

So a bit about my journey so far. I’ve only played 5 games this season, so far I’m 4 wins with 1 loss. I won my 3 placements with Brightwing, which was a happy return to ranked for me as I love playing this cute little psychopath when she fits well into a draft. I ranked into Plat 4, so I’m no pro player, so rank shame me, I don’t mind!

My next game with Sonya was wild and fun, the enemy took hardly any hard CC, so myself, the Mal’ganis and Greymane player were able to dive the enemy back-line very hard for a easy win.

My last game as Jaina was a loss, a close game, but mistakes were made, unfortunately many of them were mine. My goals for the season are just to have some fun games, I can’t see myself completing the full season journey and getting the mount as my play time is more limited. It would be nice to climb back into low Diamond again, but I think I’m too rusty to do so.

How is your season going?

*Edit: I thought it better to just cover the season in general, as many people aren’t playing Ranked at all.

13 Likes

To be honest, I’m in my quest to reach level 100 with all protoss heroes. I haven’t play ranked in a while and I don’t think I’ll do it in the next year.

2 Likes

What protoss heroes don’t you have at level 100 yet? I’m pretty sure if I remember correctly you have Tassadar and Alarak at 100.

It was the same for me and I’m not sure if I’ll stick to the season or not. Even before taking an extended break from HOTS I’ve steadily been playing less and less ranked, QM has been a bit more fun for me. My first game of SL I say “Hi” in draft and someone on a tilt said “Bleep off!” lol

Good luck with your protoss quest my friend.

1 Like

Pretty rough so far, went 1-2 in placements, and had some fairly frustrating matches since then, so have dropped to Gold 1. I have mostly duo or trio queued, haven’t had the patience to solo queue after a few, let’s just say, “special” people in my early matches. Granted, I made the mistake of getting placements done early, as the first week of a new season tends to be more clown fiesta than usual.

My goal is to finish the mount quest and get back to mid-Plat if possible. I peaked last season at Plat 2, so I know it is doable. It just remains to be seen if I have the discipline to do so, or if Shadowlands will suck up all of my try-hardiness for a while.

4 Likes

It hasn’t started yet but I’m hoping to do that soon once my big work deadlines are met mid December. But either way, I don’t feel like I can climb well enough, at least with the heroes I have been enjoying and the limited time I had to prepare myself skill-wise.
I’ve been having fun with nonconventional supports and healers, but many people say you’re better off choosing dps generalists that could help you fill in roles your bronze team mates otherwise miss out on. I’ve been practicing Diablo and Tyreal if I need to fill a tank role, Anduin and Brightwing if I need a healer, and Fenix and Tychus if I needed to be a dps. But I’m going to feel sad if I don’t play Probius in SL and I already know I’d be flamed for it if I did and end up performing bad.

1 Like

I didn’t really played SL much last season due to D.Va being banned 55% of the time. Now, she goes through the draft 2 times more.

I got placed in D4, 5-2 already since 2 days ago and gaining 500 pts a win. So, I should get to master in no time. I’ll try to reach at least 3k master this season.

Last picking Deathwing is so free.

I don’t like my team’s general macro decisions and draft half the time, so I have to stand out to compensate. But, no biggie, it’s low diamond.

3 Likes

Yup, just those 2 at the moment but Fenix is at 51 and Artanis at 45 so I belive it would take me a year to reach level 100 with them.

1 Like

I just hang around practicing against the AI with Xylord for the most part so I’d say it’s been uneventful

1 Like

Wanna try ranked but don’t feel like i’m quite ready yet, and i don’t wanna be a burden

My main weakness is team fighting, and i’m only really comfortable with 3 heroes right now, feel like i need more just incase those get banned/sniped on the draft

Level 555 atm, but like 450 of those levels were obtained in vs A.I (which is honestly just what i enjoyed playing) started doing ARAM though when it started to count towards the daily quests, and i haven’t looked back, but it feels like i gotta relearn the game lol

Tried a couple QM games but wow the salt levels in there are unbelievable, so just sticking with aram to get comfortable with heroes, just passed 600 games and im at a 51% winrate (terribad lmao) but having fun with it… most of the time.

The occasional pro alarak player completely dumps on me and i swear they’re gonna make alarak spawn irl as my sleep paralysis demon

1 Like

Also I just noticed my toolset is composed thematically of
Tanks = diablo characters
Healers = wow characters
dps = starcraft characters (also including Alarak, who is my only melee dps I am familiar with)
Just liked to point out.

3 Likes

I didn’t play SL so far, spamming Hogger in QM. Having a blast.

Soon I’ll have only one non-golden Hero once again (sad Nova noises).

5 Likes

I kinda love that your Nova is still in the single digits, all respect. :slight_smile:

1 Like
The comment that was posted here has no relevance to the game of HOTS and was not actually posted because I time traveled, so instead I'll tell you a little of my journey in....

Killer Instinct 2013.

To fool the BOTS that govern the forums: Alarak, OP, dead, nerf, smurf, hero, of, the, storm, HOTS, QM, MM, AI, SL, Ranked, Season, and HYAAAHHHH!

Anyways, in Killer Instinct 2013, I seem to be semi-competent against standing dummy. When thrown against the beginner AI, nothing seems to come out at will and I struggle to simply annihilate the AI. I can already tell this journey won’t be easy. Seems I lose control when faced with more things to deal with, while in practice the dummy just stands there so I have time to compose myself.

I have never used a fight stick to play a fighting game or any game and I have not played a new fighting game in over 10 years so it’s quite the learning experience. I should be posting in The Salt Mines thread, but the post will mostly be comprised of 90% expletives. Pretty sure no one would understand what the heck I’m saying.

I’m using Mira because she seems to be the most basic character in terms of how your attacks come out. While she will probably be the one I would pick up to learn to play when I get better at performing my skills at will. I also think it won’t even matter since each fighter is handled in a different way. I don’t know. I suck and I hope I don’t give up half way.

The fighters I’m interested in using is Spinal, Fulgore, Glacius, and Mira. I’m using a guide http://ki.infil.net/basics.html to help me figure out how each character is meant to be played. But it really comes down to practice.

Why fight with a fight stick you ask? Well I wanted the experience of learning what it’s like to play with one. Plus, I love modding and fight sticks are highly modifiable. Once I earn more money, I intend to mod the fight stick even more. I got a used HORI Fighting Edge for the PS4 that can be used with my PC.

I’ve been able to play Qhira in more then just the most awful drafts involving 2 mages being protected by a lone stitches without being horrified that a single button on heroes that should be weak to dive will screw over my entire engage and have gotten her to a decent 55% wirnate overall this season whici s nice

I’ve been trying to learn more bruisers, Xul at the top of my list and a few mages as well so I can stop bieng bottlenecked (especially when I had some A-hole decide to target ban me on my own team thrice for some reason earlier which was needless to say a bit painful)

Overall though Iv’e been having fun, Smurfs not withstanding.

2 Likes

Not placed now, same in three months.

I’m not fan fan of journeys.

1 Like

I can’t say that I am either…play/win x game = reward. I prefer to set my own goals that I find personally rewarding.

Is there anything you’re looking forward to this season? Oh and nice to see you again RCW. :slight_smile:

if I can post pictures or videos on forum…ty Blizz…censored…and you call it democracy? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: where is my european rights and human rights?

1 Like

My ranked is going well! Placed high gold 5, less than 20 games later made it to gold 3. :blush:

Of course now that I say this, it’s cursed and I’m gonna go on a massive losing streak.

3 Likes

Oh you can put ` on either side of the image or link and you can post it here, albeit in the boring brown link format, but you can also request someone with a higher member status to report it on their own comment. Yeah I don’t see the point of such a thing either. Wait can I post pictures yet?

Edit: yes.

2 Likes

Keeping over 50% for all my favorite healers

Getting to and staying above diamond 3. Last season i peaked at 2 and fell to 5.

1 Like