Zeddy's video on the battlepass/new system and how streamers won't take a stand

Rank 1 constructed streamer. Might be worth a watch. :laughing:

Over 30k views on youtube… 5k+ upvotes on reddit.

At least 1 streamer is taking a stand for integrity. The rest might just be Blizzard shills.

Great visual/audio presentation.

Edit: Video reshare by Frodan on Twitter.

Edit: Blizzard issues a public statement in response to player feedback. The first version was confirmed to be intentional.

31 Likes

He’s still being very nice.

5 Likes

Yeah this guy stream a lot and that’s on the upper end of xp/hr and if he says that this xp system sucks…

I can’t imagine being a player who just wants to log in 1x per day to get a decent amount of gold.

RIP

7 Likes

I’ve been playing Blizzard games since Warcraft (1) was first released. That incredible company is gone. What’s left is horrifying, the milking of this once great company. And so dystopian watching people defend it.

12 Likes

They didn’t lie they just failed to mention that you needed that $20 Battle Pass.

1 Like

i loved him calling out all those streamers, its what many of us are thinking and BIG props to him…so these streamers are sucking from 2 cows lol, 1st from all of us who’re giving them $$ and then from bli$$ so ye, thanks again zeddy for calling it out, maybe ppl will bring this thing up in dem streamer’s chats…

8 Likes

They absolutely lied.

This video explains that even with the battlepass you get far, far less.

So it’s twice over they lied.

9 Likes

What? It’s literally on video where they lied.

Did you miss it at the very beginning?

5 Likes

Yeah, this guy has balls of steel lol.

Definitely props for calling them out…it’s something no one else wants to mention or say.

7 Likes

and another huge props to Zeddy for calling out the idiocy of giving out an year of the dragon pack at lvl 48 lol…dam bois, Zeddy’s our new hero fosho :wink: (but him going after those twice sucking streamers is the big thing tho)

13 Likes

It is funny how many people are shocked that they lied. How did everyone not see this as being a cash grab? I mean did you forget who they are?

4 Likes

Yeah and no where did they mention that is without buying the Battle Pass. IE What people thought was you get more than before with no Pass. What really happened is oh you get more but only if you have that $20 Pass and play all your waking hours. They never said you didn’t need that Pass for the Math to work out.

But i agree its a jerk move.

I’m more interested about what these shills have to say (I have these forums to hear the other side already). Can anyone name/link some so I can see what kind of defense they’re saying?

Meh, if you watch their streams you would know.

Theo brushed it off and said the system is great or something to that effect.

Kripp literally said ‘could be better’ which is funny because that’s exactly what Zeddy predicted.

If you don’t watch their stream, you probably won’t see a public statement.

They’re all lying low unless you ask them what they think about the new reward system and then they may ban you on youtube or twitch lel.

1 Like

Solem just published a video taking a stand against the new system too. Basically he spent 100 bucks on both preorders and got only 5 legendaries, he is pretty mad about the amount of money you have to put in the game.

6 Likes

Zeddy’s whole schtick is to be King of Salt. Being unhappy with the new system might be the right stance to take, but he could be just as easily be doing it for the clicks.

I mean, just look at this thread. Plenty of good PR to be had by portraying yourself as the good guy.

3 Likes

Portraying yourself as the good guy? He literally explained how much he loses by speaking out publically.

Doubt it. Seriously doubt it.

If that is his motive (doubtful) then more power to him. He earned it.

9 Likes

For the clicks?
I’m not watching Zeddy but I did take a look at how much money he make with his youtube channel.

He doesn’t even make 50$ Canadian a month. (25US$)

The real way Zeddy make money is with twitch sub.

3 Likes

Yeah, he streams full time. You-tube is just a side thing he does to help.

He actually works really hard on you-tube and doesn’t get much for it.

He definitely makes wayyy more on Twitch.

He told me one time he works on 2 youtube videos a day. Pretty humble youtube guy lol

2 Likes

If anything, that just makes his portrayal even more convincing. “Hey, look at the cost of me speaking out!” Sure, he might be sincere… or he might be playing up the extent of the “consequences” for the sake of clicks. It’s not like portraying yourself as the person who suffers for telling the truth is a bad strategy.

Am I suggesting that’s in fact what Zeddy is doing? Nope. But it’s not impossible.

This is entirely irrelevant to my point. I don’t know about you, but I found a lot of Twitch streamers via venues other than Twitch. YouTube might not be a big source of income for Zeddy, but this particular video is clearly getting views, which helps him overall.