You say it isnt rigged

…No. You’re really not getting it.

MMR is used for matching while you have stars, at Legend rank, and in all games in Casual mode. Displayed rank (bronze 10 at your first game) has no effect on matching until stars are gone.

MMR is used to determine how many stars you get, with a floor function of the highest 10/5 rank at a particular grade.

MMR is NOT reset each month.

1 Like

You reset at Bronze every month, and are matched with anyone, no? Or is there a hidden MMR still matching you with people of your MMR or not? Cause if there is, then my initial assessment was 100% accurate. If there is no MMR matching you with people based on MMR, NOT STARS, then, well, I fully understand that as well, and you just making it confusing.

In the short, if there is MMR effecting who you are matched against in Bronze, then I was always correct. If there is only a Star bonus until you hit Legend, then I am now correct.

What on earth does this mean?

It is a tad confusing isn’t it. xD

Shall I just link you to the wiki?

You can read about matchmaking there, so as to not get confused.

Things to take away are:
In Bonus Star ranks you are being matched based on MMR.
You start being matched based on rank when you have no Bonus Stars.

So, while you may sit at Bronze 10 for the first half of the month, it’s possible that when you decide to start ranking up again, if you had Legend MMR, you could be matched with a Legend player even while in Bronze 10.

Alright, so my initial assessment was correct. -.-’

FFS

Yeah, that’s how I thought it works, and Mand contradicted me, saying I didn’t understand, thus causing this whole mess. So it seems it is Mand who is the one who doesn’t understand what I was getting at.

Edit: One point of clarification: If you’re high MMR, at the start of the month, can you still be matched with people in low MMR? Like, what is the range when the season resets? There must be a wider spread at the start, and that’s why people complain so much about seeing busted decks during the first week. There’s gotta be overlap, right, cause you don’t just completely hold your MMR. It is reduced a bit at start of month, yeah? And so many people are playing that there must be some chaos going on with “ranks” bumping up against each other.

2 Likes

Just because you are Bronze doesn’t mean you match against other Bronze players. Your Star bonus is more important (as a visible indicator, MMR is hidden) as to who you face until you run out of bonus stars. Then you start facing people your same rank.

1 Like

Yeah, I get it, but the Star Bonus is WIDE compared to MMR. It is using MMR and not like…some bracket, right? Like, cause if you’re saying all people with 10 Stars are put together, well, that’s a big range for a long time, and that explains a lot about my experience and why running a mid deck is so painful until about mid month.

No, for the umpteenth time.

2 Likes

This confusion is on you. I already understood it and my assessment made 100% sense, but you said it didn’t because I didn’t understand it. This is all on you.

The way you described it, then and now, is wrong.

Without bonus stars, you’re matched based on rank. Meaning Gold 3 faces another Gold 3, Silver 8 faces another Silver 8, and Diamond 1 faces another Diamond 1. Sometimes you’ll get someone a rank or two up or down, as the matchmaker widens its parameters during its search.

At the start of the season, when everyone has bonus stars, everyone is matched by MMR and not by rank. It doesn’t matter AT ALL what your displayed rank is. Or anyone else’s.

The #1 and #2 legend players from the previous month are likely to play against each other. But if one starts playing before the other, they could face each other with one showing Bronze 10 because it’s their first game and the other showing Plat 3 because they played some games and got a lot of extra stars. But neither one will play against an actual bronze player. Ever.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. Literally doesn’t disprove my assessment at all, and, yeah, I know.

=\

No.

All of this is wrong.

You really can’t stand that the initial post you contradicted—you know what, just forget it. Guess only people in top 1,000 legend face each other at the start of the month. There’s no trickle down at all. It doesn’t even matter. It wasn’t part of the initial post you wrongly contradicted and misunderstood, then tried to convince me that I didn’t understand. Good one you. Petty. Pathetic.

1 Like

Thank you!

This is just like people claiming their phone eavesdropped on them before an ad popped

Ok well where’s the data? Sniff the packets.

Nobody has proven it yet

To literally no one except you.

I felt like they understood less after all the explanations.

So close, but still wrong.

Only people with top 1k mmr play each other at the start of the month. It doesn’t matter if they have two stars or 11, their hidden mmr is what matches them.

2 Likes

This, but without the sarcasm.

1 Like

You literally were recently in a thread that contradicted this.

=\

us. forums. blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/facing-legend-at-platinum-rank/119310

You people are absolutely unreal.

I guess I left out queuing into Casual, but this doesn’t contradict what Neon is saying at all.

Oh, so now you’re backtracking, and you disagree with everyone on that thread?

I’m not reading anything Neon says.

You’re both trolling in the free world. Keep on trolling in the free world, yeah.

What a joke.

Absolutely ridiculous to think there isn’t any range, either. If people were stuck to brackets, why not just start them in those brackets and have them be able to derank, like in normal MMR? Hell, even with normal MMR you usually can go up or down a rank when facing people. But whatever. Maybe you’re right. Doesn’t matter. Doesn’t change my initial post. But good luck to ya.