You got your wish

Oooh, you’ve got me thinking. Lemme try and incorporate him (or her?) into a big warlock deck.

Oh right, that’s a demon! I’ve probably never paid attention to its tag :man_facepalming:

Something more active than taunt (maybe rush) would be welcome though

1 Like

I do and I keep it in hand against warlock… :smiley: That is the primary target for me. Sometimes you get surprising use vs shaman with doomhammer, sometimes vs rogue, hunter…

Don’t forget Demon Hunter with Lion’s Frenzy! :smiley:

I used it against Lions frenzy once in like 10-15 matches I met DH, usually DH seems to be lifesteal OTK or DR. But sometimes destroying 1/1 weapon slows down the quest by 1 turn as well.

1 Like

Oh, that reminds me! Check out this insane match I had yesterday against a Lifesteal OTK Demon Hunter. I didn’t even know they were still being played.

If the change is Mithril to 4 mana, I still think Quest Warlock is very strong. It’s really a question of whether and how much they touch Quest itself. Alec said mixture of medium to small changes, but if the Quest is banned in Wild, I’d guess the quest just gets a small change.

Mage haters can rejoice if both Quest Warlock and Quest Shaman take a beating. That means its only two strong matches may see a dip in play.

The thing is, I don’t think it will matter much. Warlock will not be top deck anymore, but something just as nauseating will take it’s place.
The Quests are garbage and Team 5 should just admit it’s mistake.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why they don’t look at Hearthstone’s history and pick what decks were the best from an enjoyable point of view AND powerlevel.
Let’s take for example DK Warlock. The deck was strong for years, it cheated minions early, it could win hard against slow control and alot of times was able to survive against aggro, yet there were very few people complaining about the deck.
I can give such an example for every class. I know sometimes it’s cool to have new playstyles and come with creative ideas, but they can do it without going too far from the main playstyle that people enjoyed.
I mean seriously, who thought it would be fun to take your opponent’s damage? Or have a spam of discover by(priest/mage/rogue)? Or to see your deck being discarded?
Sometimes I feel like Team 5 has alot of hard avangardist artists.

1 Like

Why do you like Wombats?

Forgive me, @Paf, I don’t get the joke. :frowning: I Googled ‘Hearthstone Wombat’ and found Wombat Warlock, but I’m still clueless.

I was assuming you were about to say big beautiful wombat :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, haha! Wombats. :wink: Big beautiful women, silly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly my prediction for these rounds of nerfs is that warlock is going to remain tier one or at least high tier two. They’ve stated that there’s going to nerf multiple classes and try to slow down the meta and that can only mean good things for warlock when they often use fatigue to their own advantage.

There’s also a lot of room for experimentation with warlock builds in a slower meta, warlock has lots of control tools that aren’t being run right now because the meta is so fast. Will warlocks start to run Jaraxxus again? Will Neeru Fireblade be somehow useful (LOL)? The future is unwritten.

1 Like

If they ban/nerf demon seed in wild, they most certainly need to address shadow priest and hunter in wild and possibly even quest warrior in wild. Those all became big due to quest warlock, but even heavy control decks aren’t faring well against them. Before the expansion wild was at least a good mix of combo, control, and aggro. Now it’s pretty much just standard with a spattering of some wild cards as they’re running a lot of the same deck types.

And yet people will still be getting whooped by Warlock and crying for more nerfs.

The only thing that will appease these unskilled forum posters is the complete removal of the Warlock class.

1 Like

I doubt there will be any major changes tbh, just small tweaks. Except to priest.

There’s no point investing in a class that is going to be nerfed / banned and left for dead until the next set of broken cards are released.

I’ve not played for over a week and haven’t been tempted to either, the current meta is a shambles and not I’m convinced it can be fixed whilst the new quests exist.

They’ve finally convinced me to uninstall.

I think just less Warlocks on ladder would be a start! At the moment it feels like 25% of my games are vs Warlock and that’s boring.

The class just has too much synergy making the downsides of powerful cards into upsides. I think the Questline is an existential threat to the game because it invalidated a whole playstyle ( attrition/ control decks) but they don’t want to nerf the Questline because that’s the centrepiece of this expansion.

I hope they rotate all the Questlines early, otherwise we’ll be stuck with them for another year!!

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure the next expansion will have hero cards for everyone that will be even more power creep than questlines!

:scream:

2 Likes