Wretched Tiller, Death speaker, Hysteria, Shrinkmeister combo

Wretched Tiller, Death speaker, Hysteria, Shrinkmeister combo is absolutely broken. I had secret, Evasion which prevented me from dying from that combo. The animation went on for a super long time because Wretched Tiller could not die and neither could I die because of Evasion. Not only did the animation go on for a super long time, when my opponents turn ended it continued. It went for so long that by the time the animation was over the game had decided that it would take time from my turn. When I could actually do anything I had less than 5 seconds to play any cards, A LESS THAN 5 SECOND TURN!!! late game. There should be no excuse as to why that combo should take time from me to make a move, my opponent basically got 2 turns in a row. Who ever gets this needs to send this inquiry over to the department who actually works on the game and fix this B.S. ASAP because this is ridiculous. I’ve never had any real problems with Hearthstone and I’ve been around since Shudderwoc first came out and that card didn’t take time away from the opponent. This combo is worse than that and I’m actually infuriated about this because this probably won’t get fixed until next month or later, which means I’ll just avoid the game until then because I know that every priest match up in the wild format will probably be this combo because priest comes up in every 1:4 games.

11 Likes

This isn’t a bug with the combo, it’s a bug with animations. They should never block your screen and steal your time.

1 Like

I had a similar issue, only with Ice Block, not Evasion. And I did not get a turn, it just started their turn again, and they killed me, as my Ice Block had worn off. So I’ll track patch notes, and this post, and ignore HS until it’s fixed.

God I hope they acknowledge this at least. A whole day of this is already torture.

3 Likes

it’s bugged I had ice block and still died plus it goes way over the turn limit timer, I had game winning fireball combo lined up. Going over the turn limit should be a disqualification and you lose the game. games need rules

3 Likes

Your opponent did not go over the turn limit. He set up everything within his time and the animation took longer. Just like it happens, when you create a lot of fireballs with antonidas.

Hi! Already met the same problem with my ice block mage.
The animation overflows on my turn time and I start my turn already roping with half the rope remaining. Quite annoying when you’re win condition is based on cycling your deck with Stargazer Luna. :slight_smile:

Could there be some changes made like you guys managed to do for Battlegrounds (i.e. the token repop/buffing animation shortening such as rat pack / mama bear)?

Thanks!

Changes have been announced:

Thank the Old Gods. I had uninstalled this game (for the third time in 7 years) until this was to be fixed as it is dominating game-play enough to ruin the experience.

“Wow, you’ve discovered an unbalanced win mechanic…”
“wow… they’re also using it…”
“wow… even after having played vs. it I still can’t work around it as even with one 3 health minion they can still perform it”.

The amount of effort I must go through to get my “gimick” (as some would put it) working, vs. making a >friendly< minion immune and having it charge into other >friendly< (or enemy) minions 15 times (not a hard accomplishment to spam 15 health worth of cheap friendly minions onto the board).

I will wait patiently, thank goodness the developers are actually paying attention! Line-cracker is much more end-game but also needs the chop, ‘win’ conditions are achieved through a game’s worth of play and even freeze mage needed Alexstrasza/Arch-Mage on the board but don’t require running a specific card (armor breaker tech) just to counter.

I can give up smoking again. Thanks!

It also uses a bug: the animation takes so long, even when you can counter it, it skips your turn!!

Yes. It even negates your ice block and made me skip my turn! Anyone who knowingly uses this is exploiting the bug and should be dealt with severely.

Temporary solution here! (before official fix)
Force quit the game during your opponent’s turn and reconnect.
I used the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) to force close the game then it reconnected me to my match. It was my turn and I wasn’t roping.

2 Likes

I used evasion last game just took 4 turns in a row from me, opponent still take actions every turn.

Same happening me!! I have ice bloc with a 30 hit mage spell ready to end the game with a win and then this escrament happens!!! Lost 3 games in a row because of this.(gold1 dropped to gold 3)flying up the ranks. I have won two games tho by having a second ice bloc and firing that one out quickly, then hitting with a 30+ attack :). Gonna hold off playing this until fixed

Gonna play and use this :slight_smile: , might work good for me!

“Temporary solution here! (before official fix)
Force quit the game during your opponent’s turn and reconnect.
I used the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) to force close the game then it reconnected me to my match. It was my turn and I wasn’t roping.”

Thanks, this really works well!

I had the same situation while using Iceblock. I know its wild, but lets be honest and admit that PRIEST IS TOTALLY OP AND BROKEN. They nerf the mana wyrm and make it cost 2 but leave the Northshire Cleric
@1 cost with 1/3 stats & card draw. Perfect example of the imbalance in the game. And now this tiller OTK broken combo literally bugging the game. Fortunately reseting worked and I managed to go back after losing 24 hp… But still It didn’t feel right. But then again most of the priest cards don’t feel fair or right. #permaressurection. Priest cards and combos are so broken that even the game can’t handle it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like