It's a giant bug!

The bug report board is for squashing bugs. If people are simply reporting things that affect the game balance in a way they dislike, it will clutter up the board and make addressing actual bugs more difficult. It is not a statement on which is more important; I have my own opinions on game balance as well. But it’s best to stay on topic here

2 Likes

do you have a source for this "its unintended " claim ?

1 Like

It’s 100% unintended because we’re talking about wild cards which they never look at. You can tell it’s unintended because it’s a 4 card 10 mana infinite damage otk which doesn’t exist outside of this new interaction/exploit. Most OTKs would need 7-9 cards and/or previous setup of conditions which this does not.

1 Like

It’s absolutely an exploit. You can have 10,000 health and seven 1000/1000 Divine Shield/Taunt minions, and you will still lose as this grants an infinite number of auto attacks until you are dead with -16 health.

There are players working up the ladder towards Wild Legend using this exploit (I’m looking at you Wraith).

Totally unsat.

2 Likes

its a intended interaction, that being said its not a fun one

no exploit or bug

a immune minion atking another immune minion, forever

if they didnt want it to happen, they would have made it so it couldnt happen

Nope, caps at 30 cycles (60 damage) like most Hearthstone Cards (Defile, Bladestorm,…).
You land at -16 if you start at 44.
Not a bug, but way to consistent to pull it of. So should be balance fixed.

I wonder if an immune minion should ever be chosen as attack target.

in yugioh, monsters that are uneffected by card effects can still be targets for effects

so using that card game logic, i dont see why not

Why would the rules of an entirely different game apply to anything in Hearthstone? As much as I recall the Misdirection secret never redirects you into an immune minion, so Hysteria doing that might actually count as bug.

2 Likes

why do we even call them cards? i mean they arent even real

1 Like

This may be not a bug but at the end of the day this tricks intended or not is making the game unfair since everyone should just get those cards and play them to win. This is a boring situation. That said i think that the guy that found this exploit is still brilliant just as a hacker could have done it.

Being able to cast Hysteria on an immune character doesn’t make sense since it can’t die. When a character is immune, it should be also immune to magic etc. which may solve this unbalanced condition.

1 Like

Yeah that’s it. Should have already been common sense but it’s easy to forget that “immune” even exists. Hysteria should just say can’t target immune minion.

Linked to Wretched Tiller, Death speaker, Hysteria, Shrinkmeister combo
The bug, as mentioned in that thread, is that the animation time is so extreme that even if you have Ice Block or Evasion up, you die, due to the opposing player’s animation consuming your turn, giving them two turns in a row. If that were fixed, then that would be a step in the right direction. Still seems broken.

1 Like

just had Demonicorpse use this exploit with hysteria + deathspeaker + tiller, they should be issuing bans for exploiting because people clearly know it’s an exploit, 30 day ban should suffice for these people.

1 Like

Usually I would say it’s just a hillarius bug and you could say that’s just bm because you’re already dead at that point and it just overkills you up to 30 to 60 dmg. But when I actually lost one game of the same stupid mechanic it’s diffrent. To breif you in he pulled of the combo with a decent board which brought me down to -1 hp but on board was one Misstress of Mixtures which if the coding was right would have healed me back up to 3hp but because of that interaction I actually went down to -30 and lost the game of that. So Blizzard you need to fix that asap

Wow, it’s impressive how many people can’t distinguish between a coding bug and a design oversight.

However, changes have been announced:

1 Like

It’sridiculous. STOP playing with it?! 4/5 of my last matches ruined by this. SO ANNOYING

As expected? It ruins the game.

1 Like

They should fix this. For exemple, the Wretched Tiller coud have “this minion cant be targed by spells or hero powers”. It already happened a lot of times. This strategy its not fair, its more about luck than thinking.