Would you/ what would you balance in the wild mode

Brand + Elysiana can’t shuffle 20 cards into your deck though. Battlecry always removes your deck first, so when 2nd battlecry triggers it will remove the first 10 cards you put in deck.

It still shuffles 20, I saw it with my own eyes. This is why I consider Archivist Elysiana “a second deck”. Now I’m asking you: how is it fair for the opponents to play 2 decks at a time? The first deck is their own, the second deck is provided by Elysiana.

@KingofHeaven:

The first time, my opponent played Brann Tickatus on turn 9 and milled my Shadowreaper Anduin.

Turn 9, I highlight. What were you doing until turn 9? You could OTK with Spawn of Shadows. You could play Illucia to play their Tickatus.
In my opinion, between raza priest and reno warlock, raza priest is the broken deck, because with Spawn of Shadows you OTK the opponent, basically you delete their cards from their entire hand and deck because they can’t play them anymore (because they died). Tickatus only burns 5 tiny cards, and anyway after you play Polkelt and draw Anduin, Tickatus burns only crap unimportant cards.

Tickatus burned my Spawn of Shadows

Because you didn’t keep it in your mulligan.

my opponent used the Grizzled Wizard - Finley combo to change my hero power to a useless one so I conceded

That has nothing to do with Tickatus.

I tried to win anyway but couldn’t in the end.

Play for example an aggro token druid or a secret mage against Tickatus warlock, then come back and tell me if Tickatus would be any problem anymore. That’s the issue with your deck (in your case, raza priest). You are too slow, you do nothing until turn 8. These decks should be punished by Tickatus. Tickatus is only seeking balance: when it sees a greedy deck that does not do anything until turn 8-9, it proceeds to punish that deck.

I have watched wild streams

It doesn’t matter. Watch legend players playing control. They always have Archivist Elysiana in their deck. Maybe they had it but they didn’t draw it while you were watching the stream.

@edit: by the way, KingOfHeaven, if you want to win against Tickatus warlock as a raza priest, you should add Archivist Elysiana into your deck. It’s simple.

I hadn’t drawn my Shadowreaper Anduin. You know, it was in the bottom half of my deck. How am I supposed to OTK without the Anduin hero power? Also, I don’t include Illucia in my Reno Priest. Even if I did, I would be milling myself (since decks would be swapped) so it would have the exact same effect as my opponent playing Tickatus. Illucia does not counter Tickatus. You need 9 mana to play Illucia followed by Tickatus and by turn 9, if it was in their hand, it was probably corrupted. But in any case, I don’t play Illucia in my Reno Priest because I choose not to.

With Brann, it burns 10. If a key combo card is included, the combo deck loses. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

After I play Polkelt, opponent plays Tickatus and burns all my important cards.

I would have kept it if it was in my mulligan, trust me.

Anyway, I tried to reason with you but I can see it’s impossible.

You can use Shadowform and Clockwork Automaton instead, as a backup plan. It also works against Wizard + Finley.

I would be milling myself (since decks would be swapped)

You have your opponent’s deck, and Tickatus has the text “remove 5 cards from the top of your opponent’s deck”, so it should work.

With Brann, it burns 10. If a key combo card is included, the combo deck loses. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

If the combo pieces are so important, the player should keep them at mulligan or try to hit them at mulligan.And for example, you can use cards to draw other specific cards, like Sandbinder for example: it draws you Zephrys if you want it.

After I play Polkelt, opponent plays Tickatus and burns all my important cards.

You should also play a novice engineer or have a loot hoarder on board after you play Polkelt. When you find yourself in danger of playing one card, you should think/find strategies to make it work. In this case, Novice Engineer or Loot Hoarder or Thalnos shall work.

Anyway, I tried to reason with you but I can see it’s impossible

Don’t take me as an oppressive person, I just want to open your eyes in terms of the game’s strategy. If you elaborate a clear tactic, you will win even against Tickatus warlock.

Brann + Elysiana you discover 10 cards (2 copies of each) but you only keep the last 10 cards you discover, I know because I have done it before… it doesn’t work like you think. If you don’t believe me test it yourself.

I dusted my Archivist Elysiana two years ago. I don’t keep broken cards in my collection, else I would feel like cheating.
Anyway I saw someone playing double Elysiana battlecry and it shuffled 20 cards in their deck, maybe it was because it had Spirit of the shark, not Brann, but whatever man…

Neither of these will work. You can claim you saw it but without proof you’re either mistaken or lying. It’s just not how the game works.

Less work less money tho , i always try to think for both sides when i suggest something . Ain’t fair if we only think about the consumer or the company.

Changing the ruling would be something good , would apply to every mode tho but still a very good idea m8 !

Early, mid, or end season?
It’s a tier 4 deck, that may be tier 2 in the legend top 20 like all decks.
Sometimes weird/bad decks can be good in particular metas. cough The resurgence of mill rogues.

Big Priest isn’t played that much in legend any longer, and the people who do tend to keep their resurrect spells in the mulligan vs aggro… (it’s an insider joke, just don’t do it)

Meh, legend isn’t, nor gold with no star bonus. The climbing experience, however, may very often be infuriating.
I needed 39 games to legend this month, I met 12 times Rogue and 11 times Mage (9 times secret, 2 times Flamewaker Mage).
I had 75% win rate vs Rogue and 91 % vs Mage. The trick is you need to tech with a deck that does well vs said archetypes (and a specific deck composition) not with some neutral, narrow tech cards.
I met 0 Big Priests.

My honest opinion: we need less tech cards, not more.
Brann + xx does the job most of the time, for weapon removal you got already ooze (and even then shard is better, since it can be useful even vs control match-ups. Decks should be counters to other decks, not one single card.

1 Like